2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Short Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Short Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
no , I didnt but 66 for a juniors, let alone with similar height is a joke
their elements should get -2 GOE's

You can't comment if you haven't WATCHED the dance!

When you do, please point out where they should get -2. And again, please tell me where in the judging regulations that judges need to deduct -2 in GOE for similar height.

As someone that did WATCH their dance: I thought their dance was very smooth! It's the best I've seen from them this season.I'm happy they got the levels!

Last edited:

tana

Match Penalty

In the world where Gracie is a multiple gold medalist at every worlds leading to Pyeonchang starting this year's worlds (your words, not mine), it's nothing strange that the juniors are getting 66. :cool:

Matilda

Medalist

Sheesh!! You didn't watch, but you KNOW their scores were inflated?? :rolleye: They were terrific and deserved every point they got!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In the world where Gracie is a multiple gold medalist at every worlds leading to Pyeonchang starting this year's worlds (your words, not mine), it's nothing strange that the juniors are getting 66. :cool:

LOL tana-- you're catching on! Welcome to the wacky and wonderful world of GS!

:)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You can't comment if you haven't WATCHED the dance!

When you do, please point out where they should get -2. And again, please tell me where in the judging regulations the bullet point for height in the deductions is.

As someone that did WATCH their dance: I thought their dance was very smooth! It's the best I've seen from them this season.I'm happy they got the levels!

levels, I have to watch this, how on earth they can get levels with limited lifts and elements to take
anyways I wouldn't hype this two, height is very very important in ice dance and pairs

I see more future potential in McNamara / Carpenter

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
levels, I have to watch this, how on earth they can get levels with limited lifts and elements to take
anyways I wouldn't hype this two, height is very very important in ice dance and pairs

I see more future potential in McNamara / Carpenter

Again, please point out where in the judging handbook where "limited lifts" and "similar height" is a bullet point for -GOE or general deduction.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Baker's edges alone are worth +3 GOEs. Great score for them.

what about lift and elements
with special mention to cringe worthy lifts because of height similarity, definitely should get -2's on every lift

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
So happy for Hawayek / Baker. They have a really good work ethic, have really worked hard on their elements and Camerlengo/Krylova have amazing choreography. Can't wait to see their Free Dance.

KKonas

Medalist
what about lift and elements
with special mention to cringe worthy lifts because of height similarity, definitely should get -2's on every lift

There is only 1 lift in the SD. Elements are obviously fine. And I don't think their lifts are "cringe worthy." Baker may not be able to toss her around like D&W, but let's see how they do in the FD.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
So happy for Hawayek / Baker. They have a really good work ethic, have really worked hard on their elements and Camerlengo/Krylova have amazing choreography. Can't wait to see their Free Dance.

I haven't seen it yet (but I'm sure H/B are too tall and too fat for human sight), but it would be a lovely change of pace to start seeing more of Camerlengo annd Krylova's choreography/coaching work on the podium this quad. Just sayin'...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There is only 1 lift in the SD. Elements are obviously fine. And I don't think their lifts are "cringe worthy." Baker may not be able to toss her around like D&W, but let's see how they do in the FD.

Actually I love that curve lift in their FD! The edges Jean Luc has during it :love:

a_reader

Rinkside
Spmeone just earned a one-way ticket to my ignore list. :rolleye:

I'll have to go find videos of Hawayek/Baker now.