2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Short Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
H/B have a very sophisticated line for juniors--I was impressed. She could use a bit more extension and stretch in her free leg, but really, they're quite impressive. Thanks for posting it Mrs P--yer aces! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
H/B have a very sophisticated line for juniors--I was impressed. She could use a bit more extension and stretch in her free leg, but really, they're quite impressive. Thanks for posting it Mrs P--yer aces! :)

Yes Hawayek is the slightly weaker dancer of the two, but I think she's improved greatly over the last two years!

And you're welcome. :)

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
Hawayek/Baker got level4 step sequence :eek: Iliynkh/Katsalapov did it in 2010 too but they never got one as a seniors. Very very good score and I think that score is junior world record too but I don't think they are special as their scores. ;) Sorry. :) You can see PC and GOE scores are normal/unexceptional but their base value very high. Love them but a lot of that score come from technical panel, not their way of skating.

Also their height difference is not bothering me like russia junior couples, probably because Hawayek's skating.:love:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
What really impressed me about Baker is not only his great edges, but he seems very relaxed even when the tempo increases.

Very uhm unusual musical choices from McNamara and Carpenter. It's not as sophisticated as H/B, but then their skating in this isn't either. One level below. But phew--the US is in good stead with up and comers in dance.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
What really impressed me about Baker is not only his great edges, but he seems very relaxed even when the tempo increases.

Very uhm unusual musical choices from McNamara and Carpenter. It's not as sophisticated as H/B, but then their skating in this isn't either. One level below. But phew--the US is in good stead with up and comers in dance.

M/C's SD isn't my favorite this year but the Sherlock Holmes FD is kind of neat.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
M/C's SD isn't my favorite this year but the Sherlock Holmes FD is kind of neat.

I'm looking forward to it, as soon as I can figure out how to install and use Hola. I'm pretty much a complete tech moron. Anyone have any suggestions/instructions/help--feel free to chime in (hint, hint, hint, hint).

LOL!

PS Yes, I really am that much of a tech idiot.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't watch either but enjoy living vicariously. :popcorn:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to it, as soon as I can figure out how to install and use Hola. I'm pretty much a complete tech moron. Anyone have any suggestions/instructions/help--feel free to chime in (hint, hint, hint, hint).

LOL!

PS Yes, I really am that much of a tech idiot.

You can look it up on Youtube if you want to see one of their JGP performances.

Just Google Hola Extension and it should be one of the first few links.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the vids Mrs. P. You rock!!!

Looking forward to the FD. H/B's Amelie is one of my favorite FD of the season.

bramweld

Record Breaker
H/B have very good dances. The best of all the teams. Anjelica packaged the sd well. This helped them to get the right levels. He is exceptional and she supports him nicely. Good score. The russians need more refinement and better packaging.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Hawayek / Baker's score was a joke :disagree:
anyways doesn't matter, Hawayek will outgrow him and the partnership will be finished

cant believe a similar height couple can score such inflated marks !
whats the user of the scores when their senior future career is dimm :scratch:

OMFG, you and your height difference problems. FIRST, Hawayek is 17, meaning she's likely done growing. SECOND, they're a beautiful team and have a very promising future. THIRD, why do you give such a crap about "similar height couples"? I just don't understand why you care about juniors being a similar height, yet you don't care about B/S, S/Z, V/M, and countless other dance couples being similar in height. In dance it shouldn't look like G+G circa 1987 - they don't need to do twists and throws.

PLEASE stop spamming every thread with dismissive and pessimistic things about couples being similar in height

96skiluvr

On the Ice
no , I didnt but 66 for a juniors, let alone with similar height is a joke
their elements should get -2 GOE's

WHY should they get -2 GOE? They're a beautiful team to watch with so many lovely qualities - a win here would be very deserving and very good for the sport of Ice Dance

96skiluvr

On the Ice
So happy for Hawayek / Baker. They have a really good work ethic, have really worked hard on their elements and Camerlengo/Krylova have amazing choreography. Can't wait to see their Free Dance.

Krylova and Camerlengo have such beautifully packaged teams, W/P, H/D, and H/B being prime examples

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Looking forward to the FD. H/B's Amelie is one of my favorite FD of the season.

Agreed - I first saw it at the JGPF, and was struck by the understated and nuanced qualities of it; if this is what they're doing as juniors, they'll be a force to be reckoned with when they're seniors - very promising

mskater93

Record Breaker
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.

A follow up question...dancers use counts of 8. Do ice dancers as well? I was just curious about that.

It depends on the dance. There is specific timing for each one and a required BPM for the music used for the pattern dance segment.