2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ice Dance - Short Dance

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
OMFG, you and your height difference problems. FIRST, Hawayek is 17, meaning she's likely done growing. SECOND, they're a beautiful team and have a very promising future. THIRD, why do you give such a crap about "similar height couples"? I just don't understand why you care about juniors being a similar height, yet you don't care about B/S, S/Z, V/M, and countless other dance couples being similar in height. In dance it shouldn't look like G+G circa 1987 - they don't need to do twists and throws.

I care because of potential injuries, juniors not materializing in seniors hampered by limited lift range
and excuse me but B/S do not have similar height at all

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I care because of potential injuries, juniors not materializing in seniors hampered by limited lift range

I'm glad you're are showing so much care and concern for the dance teams. I'm sure they appreciate it. :sarcasm:

hanca

Record Breaker
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.

A follow up question...dancers use counts of 8. Do ice dancers as well? I was just curious about that.

It depends on the dance. Waltz is count to three or six! (both ballroom dancers and ice dancers)

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm glad you're are showing so much care and concern for the dance teams. I'm sure they appreciate it. :sarcasm:

:laugh: No worries, it is not only the height difference. It is also the weight of certain single skaters that this posters hates!

tjskate

Rinkside
I'm thrilled for Jean-Luc and Kaitlin! Have watched him from being a young skater buzzing around at Seattle Skating Club ice shows (and always stealing the show) to now being in first at Junior Worlds. :) So excited for them (and for Steve and Sharon, his parents who are also wonderful skaters!!)

tjskate

Rinkside

Similar height is an advantage in dance - to have matched line and extension. And Jean-Luc is perfectly able to do dance lifts with Kaitlin.

Sara

On the Ice
:laugh: No worries, it is not only the height difference. It is also the weight of certain single skaters that this posters hates!

Hahaha, you're right!! This person is unbelievable, his/her comments are just so negative and full of hate towards so many skaters!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, if you look carefully at Jean Luc's skates, I believe they have what we used to call elevator boots? He's such a great skater that his edges are still awesome. :love: :eek: even with that disadvantage. I love their Amelie FD; can't wait to see it again!!

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well, if you look carefully at Jean Luc's skates, I believe they have what she used to call elevator boots? He's such a great skater that his edges are still awesome. :love: :eek: even with that disadvantage. I love their Amelie FD; can't wait to see it again!!

really ? taht's why I notice Bakers boot were a little taller than normal

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like US Ice Dancing is in good hands when D/W call it quits. Three teams in the top 4. :clap:

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER (USA) - 66.73 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV (RUS) - 63.80 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER (USA) - 58.65 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS (USA) - 58.08 Short Dance
5. Madeline EDWARDS / Zhao Kai PANG (CAN) - 57.92 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Rebeka KIM / Kirill MINOV (KOR) - 55.33 Short Dance
7. Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN (UKR) - 53.47 Short Dance
8. Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO (RUS) - 53.29 Short Dance
9. Mackenzie BENT / Garrett MACKEEN (CAN) - 53.21 Short Dance
10. Evgenia KOSIGINA / Nikolai MOROSHKIN (RUS) - 53.09 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
11. Estelle ELIZABETH / Romain LE GAC (FRA) - 51.44 Short Dance
12. Olivia SMART / Joseph BUCKLAND (GBR) - 49.28 Short Dance
13. Ria SCHIFFNER / Julian SALATZKI (GER) - 49.03 Short Dance
14. Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA (CZE) - 48.52 Short Dance
15. Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV (BLR) - 47.72 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
16. Carolina MOSCHENI / Adam LUKACS (HUN) - 47.13 Short Dance
17. Yue ZHAO / Chang LIU (CHN) - 42.44 Short Dance
18. Cagla DEMIRSAL / Berk AKALIN (TUR) - 42.20 Short Dance
19. Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON (FRA) - 39.11 Short Dance
20. Carina GLASTRIS / Nicholas LETTNER (GRE) - 38.45 Short Dance

Flaya

Match Penalty
Hi guys.

The minimum for Senior Worlds for short dance is: 28 and free skate 38.

Does that mean that we could technically see some of these pairs at Senior Worlds (I mean the ones that are not listed) if they meet age requirements.

I am thinking of the Chinese, the Greeks, the Turks and especially the Koreans.

Can anyone enlighten me on that?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hawayek and Baker have only been skating together for about 1.5 years. That's very impressive. I can only imagine how much better they will get given more time and experience.

Mattieu

Medalist
Reality Check to all those who hype Hawayek / Baker:

http://cs618621.vk.me/v618621213/2c4/0bUvcjmz4YU.jpg

So where is your cut off point sky_fly20?
Is a 12cm height difference OK, but a 11.5cm height difference they should split up?
Is it OK to be 5lbs overweight, but 5.5lbs makes it unacceptable, and you should quit skating?
Where do your draw this imaginary line where the judges should give them all -3's for GOE because they don't look of the perfect proportions.

Let's not stop there, what about if the girls legs are longer than the guys?
What about if the girl's head is larger than the guys?
Maybe we had better contact the ISU and get all these offending proportions added as an extra GOE consideration?

The one thing that has surprised me is that you don't think a couple should split up because the girl/guy is ugly!

Good job the Kerrs never listened to you, as they only had around a 3cm height difference!
That didn't stop them medalling at Euros ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
just saying we shouldn't hype juniors especially pairs and ice dance where the partnership in juniors tend to be volatile, a few more inch from Hawayek and you will see from that picture where that will end, and she is only 17 years old.

Rashela

On the Ice
I wouldn't worry about Baker so much. He is really small and he probably can't find smaller partner than Hawayek (you can see even McNamara is already taller than her). He will most likely wear the same type of skated as Staviski with higher heels.
What I'm sad about is Kosigina/Moroshkin, when I remember their first season 2010/2011, they showed so much promise, but now they seem they don't care anymore. Maybe it's some kind of Gorshkov curse.