2014 Worlds Junior Ladies - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ladies - Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My two cents - I agree with the top six only I would have Satoko in 3rd ahead of Evgenia.

Good luck to the ladies in the FS!

Matilda

Medalist
Jenni's SB is higher than Liubov's, that's why Jenni was chosen to represent Finland. I think Liubov wasn't listed as an alternate probably because at the time when the decision was made the second highest junior SB was by Viveca Lindfors.

I see. Thanks for the explanation! :) I hope Jenni has a really good FS--I like her quite a bit. In fact, I think Chartrand should not have 2 points higher PCS than Jenni.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yay! Jenni Saarinen did well!

Does anyone know why Efimenko is not in the Jr. Worlds, nor listed even as an alternative for the Sr. Worlds? She just beat Turkkila in the Nordics by ten points!

Ljubov has been competing only on seniors this season, that's why, I think. I do not know the reason. It is not common in Finland to compere on seniors if you are not old enough to international competitions. Jenni has been nr 1 junior during whole season in Finland and we have only 1 place. Well, Jenni's goal is be on top 10, it may happen.

Selene

On the Ice
The protocols for the Russian girls are like a comedy hour show, just like at the Olympics. +1.40 and +1.20 GOE for average 3 Loops. +1.00 GOEs for shaky combos. I am not that impressed with any of the Russian girls. Their jumps barely clear the ice. I don't know if they will keep their jumps after puberty.

Sara

On the Ice
Ljubov has been competing only on seniors this season, that's why, I think. I do not know the reason. It is not common in Finland to compere on seniors if you are not old enough to international competitions. Jenni has been nr 1 junior during whole season in Finland and we have only 1 place. Well, Jenni's goal is be on top 10, it may happen.

Efimenko competed both as a senior and junior this season (she had 2 JGP competitions). Check my explanation above. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima needs to take a spin class from Yulia. She travels in almost every spin and its very distracting! She in turn could teach Yulia how to emote and use her edges while Yulia could show her how to actually land her jumps with flow out.

Seriously this kid is great and after seeing it I think her PCS is fine. The thing I'm wondering is if scoring trends are going to stay up for a while. Those seem like high scores to me relative to the skates. I can't endure another thread of backseat judging!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Seriously this kid is great and after seeing it I think her PCS is fine. The thing I'm wondering is if scoring trends are going to stay up for a while. Those seem like high scores to me relative to the skates. I can't endure another thread of backseat judging!

because the the junior ladies field is very competitive

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm geoblocked but find that surprising. That's her strength. She has great edges and turns and has great emotion. Was she stumbling? She is kind of like the exact opposite of Yulia. High PCS and a lower TES.

:eek: lower TES? I think you are mistaking her with someone. she usually has spins and steps L4 and a lot of jumps are in the second half which means that she is getting bonus for that. If you notice, she had all her jumps in the SP in the second half of her program.

ETA: just checked the protocols. Serafima has the send highest TES, just 0.72 lower than Elena Radionova. In fact, Serafima has the highest base value. All her spins and steps are L4.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena's Music:love:

Nero(music for Anna Karenina)by Two Steps from Hell

choreo. by Ilia Averbukh, Elena Maslennikova
Didnt know this!!

Elena is great and that was a good skate. I must admit I find her FS a bit over the top and bordering on cheesy so not sure how I'll feel after that but how can you not like this kid. She just kind of forces you to like her. Anything less than first would be a major letdown!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:eek: lower TES? I think you are mistaking her with someone. she usually has spins and steps L4 and a lot of jumps are in the second half which means that she is getting bonus for that. If you notice, she had all her jumps in the SP in the second half of her program.

I was suggesting the quality not the score. I should have specified but Serafima has jump and spin issues. I'm fairly certain about that. I think she emotes very well for her age and utilizes her arms better than a lot of seniors. I'm a fan.

Her steps/turns and edges:love:

Last edited:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
I agree Medvedeva PCS is too high.
Miyahara should definitely be third if not second (Sakhanovich bobs up and down too much for my liking).

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's sad that I've been to high school hockey games that have more people in attendance.

Country
Russia
I know but back then, junior skaters rarely passed 25 on PCS
There rarely were so strong Juniors, as we see Top-4 at this JrWorlds.
And we don't see at this JrWorlds three who also are very good and deserve JrWorlds medals - Edmunds, Sotskova, Proklova.
So there are 7, not 4, extremely good young girls.

Now level of young girls is very high. Maybe, as never before.

So let us enjoy these nice skaters.