Coomes, Buckland and Platov | Golden Skate

Coomes, Buckland and Platov

Bonnie F

On the Ice
I really enjoyed Coomes and Buckland at the Olympics, are they continuing to compete? Does anyone think they have the potential to medal a major events in the coming years? Also I was impressed with Evgeni Platov as a coach, is he coaching any other skaters?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
They could win a medal at Euros but it might be hard with Russia, France, Italy giving them a run for their money.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They won Euro bronze this year.

What they can achieve next year depends partly on their own improvements and partly which teams retire.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if they'll be able to win an Olympic medal in 2018. It depends on who retires between now and then, I think, like Weaver&Poje, Cappellini&Lanotte, and Zhiganshina&Gaszi, who sometimes beat them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not to mention Russian teams. Or for that matter Hawayek and Baker, Yanovskaia & Mozgov, and Edwards & Pang. Since IJS was instituted in 2003/4, The Jr. Worlds dance medallists in the year there is an Olympics have a good track record for reaching the Olympic podium four years later. (I&K,V&M and D&W, and B&A)

Last edited:

dcnative

On the Ice
I really enjoyed their programs this year. I think Platov is owed kudos for making the best out of their extreme height differences.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Platov's dance program in New Jersey has been a great success thus far, it is still young and needs time to establish itself fully but great things are yet to be seen from him and his program with Phillip Askew and the Kerrs as well as many more.

Bonnie F

On the Ice
I always liked Platov when he was competing for many reasons but one was that I felt sorry for him for having to deal with such a seemingly high maintenance partner. Maybe the patience he developed during his years with "Pasha" have served him well as a coach;)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
An Olympic medal? Not on this planet. A world medal I guess there is a tiny chance, but lots would have to happen for that to happen down the road. It would have to be a situation like the Shibutanis bronze in 2011.