2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate

Sackie

Medalist
Really wondering how far Nam will be dropped! Will he be able to stay in the top 5 here.
It really looks like Pitkeev and Chen are going to medal after all. What a shock!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Shoma is cute and fluid on the ice but I can't get his choice of music, or his coach's choice. His movements have no connection to the music at all. I feel weird.

oleada

Record Breaker
Loved everything about Shoma's skating. I hope he can get a 3A soon. His basics and musicality are just amazing. I look forward to seeing him develop. I honestly think he deserved the highest PCS by far tonight.

jace93

On the Ice
US men keep 3 spots by a hair. Whew.

and japanese boys get back their third spot... even though I don't know who will be able to fill it... or their second for what matters... I truly hope that shoma will e able to up his technical ability because he has a very good artistic style!!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
US men keep 3 spots by a hair. Whew.

Unless Nam and Petrov really fall far, China loses its three.

Russia may very well earn its third back and Canada will either earn its third back or miss it by a hair.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think Nam did enough to win, but his PCS confuses me. His posture is off, and he took a long time to set up for his jumps. Overall, I think it was pretty dull even though he landed the jumps. It did bother me how crooked they were, tho.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Haven't seen the programs, but these scores are low compared to last year...no one breaking 150. Maybe Petrov will...

BusyMom

Medalist
Shoma is definitely Takahashi in the making. Hope he'll work out those jumps and be back stronger.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Nam is leading now, wow wowow... I don't know what to say, Brian Orser's best students are mostly Asian decedents. Kim Yuna, Yuzuru, and now Nam Nguyen.

jace93

On the Ice
Haven't seen the programs, but these scores are low compared to last year...no one breaking 150. Maybe Petrov will...

all of them are also much younger than last year medalist... so their jumps are smaller and their pcs lower...

Becki

Medalist
Nam...WOW!

I think Nam did enough to win, but his PCS confuses me. His posture is off, and he took a long time to set up for his jumps. Overall, I think it was pretty dull even though he landed the jumps. It did bother me how crooked they were, tho.

Wow I can't believe I doubted Nam! He improved a lot this season....almost didn't see that coming. Could he be the first reigning jr world champ to compete at sr worlds in the same year?

Sackie

Medalist
I am in shock. Wow to Orser for sure cause Nam has come out of nowhere. I am sure no one thought he would be in the medal mix - at least not this year.
What does this do for his chances of a good placement at Sr Worlds?