2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Men - Free Skate

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Unfortunately did not the most talented skaters win: Pitkeev and Petrov. Chen was overrated in PCS. I don´t think Nguyen has a bright future. Maybe a top ten skater among seniors.

agreed, Nguyen has terrible jump technique issues
stalked jumps

aschiutza

On the Ice
Should have been Pitkeev in tha last group he might have won. But tehy are both still young and still must polish themselves, so better not get gold too soon.

BusyMom

Medalist
Glad that Nathan finished on the podium. He has been fighting injuries and health issues almost whole year long. At least Rafael looks happy for once.

emdee

Final Flight
Unfortunately did not the most talented skaters win: Pitkeev and Petrov. Chen was overrated in PCS. I don´t think Nguyen has a bright future. Maybe a top ten skater among seniors.

A top ten at seniors for a 15 year old is a good result!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Glad that Nathan finished on the podium. He has been fighting injuries and health issues almost whole year long. At least Rafael looks happy for once.

I think it's good that he's no pushing it to hard considering his injuries in the last year. He is 14, so plenty of time to develop. Plus I'm sure he needs to get through a growth spurt.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I won't write Gaginski out right now. He is still young. Please please plase go to Orser or some good coach if no Mishin (and please no Tarasova, she can polish but she can also suffocate a skater).

Gachinski is done,
apparently he is moving with Sokolovskaya ( The Grimm Reaper coach )

BusyMom

Medalist
I think it's good that he's no pushing it to hard considering his injuries in the last year. He is 14, so plenty of time to develop. Plus I'm sure he needs to get through a growth spurt.
Happy for you too Mrs. P. US junior skaters look very promising.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Nathan is still very small, but whenever I have seen him over the last year, he has seemed to have grown. Even here at Jr. Worlds he seems to be a bit more filled out than at Nationals. Having seen his brothers, I cannot imagine he will be little forever. I hope the growth continues to be little by little and not all at once.

I'm also glad he finished on the podium. I think the challenges he has had over the last year or so will help him in the long run. He will have to be smart about his training and not just diligent. In 10 years he will appreciate the techniques he is learning now.

Country
Russia
Haven't seen the programs, but these scores are low compared to last year...no one breaking 150.
Too young leaders with no quad. Two Men with quads mistaken much and not in leaders.
Because of this lower scores.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Nam for winning the Gold Medal! I enjoyed the competition. Our sport has quite a few
talented young men to look forward to. Congratulations to all!

Country
Russia
Results.
I believe, results are adequate. Maybe, somebody was overscored or underscored (not so much) but placing is right.

Nam Nguen won with clean both SP and FS, nobody else did it.
If Pitkeev would land 3Lo in SP - he would be first. But he landed only 1Lo.
If Petrov wouldn't do step out - he would have medal. But step out was.
And so on.

For next JrWorlds:
3 places - Japan, Russia, USA.
2 places - Canada, China, Latvia, Czech Respublic.

For next JGP:
14 spots - Canada, Russia, USA.
7 spots - Japan, China, Latvia.
6 spots - Czech Respublic, Israel, France, Ukraine.
Japan (as before Russia) has no problem to have in reality 14 spots. Many of these countries have not enough Junior Men to fill their spots, so Japan will get their unused spots.

jace93

On the Ice
how many guys do you think will move up to senior next season? all of the top six is still very young and has still many part to improve... Ireally hope that all of them would stay in junior at least one more season

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
how many guys do you think will move up to senior next season? all of the top six is still very young and has still many part to improve... Ireally hope that all of them would stay in junior at least one more season

none the average age for the Top 6 are 14-15 years old.
will definitely stay in Juniors again