Shoma Uno | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks, i really like the music(assuming its the one you posted :D)really excited for tomorrow!!! :cheer: but he looks so serious in the pictures, i want to see more than serious face from him

mikaboo

Medalist
Shoma skated his new SP at Fantasy On Ice Makuhari today. This is his costume
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGLAGBBVAAAfQGZ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGLAGBCVAAAFbLw.jpg

And fans are suggesting his music is "Legends" by Sacred Spirit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-j5qk3LfMI

It's not 100% sure but they said it has intricate choreography and they all liked the program.

I just got back from FaOI Makuhari :cheer:

I'm not very good at remembering music, but I think this is it.

His top looked a bit more yellowish, but it may have been the light.
He popped a jump, but other than that, he was fantastic!
I don't know if he's actually gotten taller, but he certainly didn't look small on the ice.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
He always does look intense. He needs to work on that.

The music is not my choice, but I have played it a few times now and it is growing on me. I am very pleased that he goes for different music from the usual though. You don't want to be compared to a million other (insert warhorse) in your senior debut season. It sounds good for footwork sequences.

The costume... Well, it has never been his strongpoint. Lol As I said I reserve judgement, 'til I see those trousers in movement. They are a bit shiny... Lol The shirt is a bit of a swamp colour, but is not as bad a s some I've seen him in, bless him. I think the neckline looks nice, from what I can see.

yah, Mikaboo! Glad you enjoyed! how is the choreo?

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I just got back from FaOI Makuhari :cheer:

Good for you. :) Thanks for the personal account of Shoma's performance.

Btw and apologies for hijacking this thread, there's wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Yuzuru thread about the ban on fan cams in the show so if you can pretty please also give a review of Yuzuru's skate there, that will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

mikaboo

Medalist
yah, Mikaboo! Glad you enjoyed! how is the choreo?

I was just happy to see him for the first time and busy confirming if he was wearing a deep V-neck or not so I don't really remember much about the choreography... :hopelessness: I always take a long time to get used to a new program though. Let me just say I don't think he "owns" the program yet but he has a whole season to do so.
Looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow night like everybody else here!

mikaboo

Medalist
Good for you. :) Thanks for the personal account of Shoma's performance.

Btw and apologies for hijacking this thread, there's wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Yuzuru thread about the ban on fan cams in the show so if you can pretty please also give a review of Yuzuru's skate there, that will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Oh OK. I can't catch up on the Yuzuru thread but I he's still my favorite! (or one of my favorites)

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I was just happy to see him for the first time and busy confirming if he was wearing a deep V-neck or not so I don't really remember much about the choreography... :hopelessness: I always take a long time to get used to a new program though. Let me just say I don't think he "owns" the program yet but he has a whole season to do so.
Looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow night like everybody else here!

That's okay. Thanks for what you have said! :)

Celine

On the Ice
I actually like the intensity of his look. It positions him in more of a unique and differentiated way from his competitors. There's plenty of 'sweetness' and OMG-edness to go around more than a few times too much in my opinion. Go Lion cub!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Oh OK. I can't catch up on the Yuzuru thread but I he's still my favorite! (or one of my favorites)

:yay: Thanks so much mikaboo!

Re Shoma, while I certainly see the resemblance to Daisuke, he also reminds me of Tatsuki in seriousness and size. And pardon the bad pun, he is certainly a Shoma (showman) on the ice.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I actually like the intensity of his look. It positions him in more of a unique and differentiated way from his competitors. There's plenty of 'sweetness' and OMG-edness to go around more than a few times too much in my opinion. Go Lion cub!

Oh, I definitely agree in many ways. I just think that his expression doesn't vary much. Intensity can stay though. I phrased it badly.

Thanks, Ioanap, for the confirmation.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Re Shoma, while I certainly see the resemblance to Daisuke, he also reminds me of Tatsuki in seriousness and size.
As a fellow Tatsuki fan I definitely agree with you. Not only in seriousness and size but also his upper body carriage and exquisite, precise use of his arms and hands.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
As a fellow Tatsuki fan I definitely agree with you. Not only in seriousness and size but also his upper body carriage and exquisite, precise use of his arms and hands.

Yes, Shoma, like Tatsuki, doesn't look rushed on the ice but precise and deliberate.

firal

Record Breaker
I am beyond excited for Shoma just by looking at the picture and listening to that piece of music! So happy that he is doing something different, and I think it's a step in the right direction; to me it looks less juniorish? but of course haven't even seen the program yet. :)

Any GP prediction for Shoma? Will he get two assignments? I hope to see him live next season!