2014 Worlds Junior Ladies - Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Junior Ladies - Free Skate

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Just noticed Medvedeva got higher PCS than Sakhanovitch and Miyahara :eek:

Since Medvedeva fell the judges had to make sure they give her the best chances to stay on the podium. Miyahara was once again massively underscored and roobed of a medal. I had a hope post Sochi the over-scoring of the Russians will stop. It's good to know what to expect for Worlds in Japan

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Miyahara's jumps are tiny and probably underrotated half of it
PCS is too low though

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Especially compared to what Medvedeva got.
Congrats to Elena for defending her title in a very convincing way!

Miyahara deserved the 2nd highest PCS
but her TES was too generous, I could see half of her jumps were borderline or underrotated

jace93

On the Ice
Miyahara deserved the 2nd highest PCS
but her TES was too generous, I could see half of her jumps were borderline or underrotated

for once I agree with you... an if she lost her medal because of her jump issues <i would understand it... but like this...

anyway they gave her both the lutzes as underrotated so the tech is fair

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Care to elaborate? I'm genuinely curious.
ISU-Explanations of skating skills:

Skating Skills
Definition: Over all skating quality: edge control and flow over the ice surface demonstrated by a
command of the skating vocabulary (edges, steps, turns, etc), the clarity of technique, and the use of
effortless power to accelerate and vary speed.
Criteria:
Balance, rhythmic knee action, and precision of foot placement
Flow and effortless glide
Rhythm, strength, clean strokes, and an efficient use of lean create a steady run to the
blade and an ease of transfer of weight resulting in seemingly effortless power and
acceleration.
Cleanness and sureness of deep edges, steps, and turns
The skater should demonstrate clean and controlled curves, deep edges, and steps.
Varied use of power/energy, speed, and acceleration
Variety is the gradation – some of which may be subtle
Multi directional skating
Includes all direction of skating: forward and backward, clockwise and
counterclockwise including rotation in both directions.
Mastery of one foot skating
No over use of skating on two feet.

Can you tell me what can Miyahara better than Medvedeva?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
American girls 8, 9, and 14? Really embarrassing for what we've done in the last 6,7 years.

yuki

Final Flight
ISU-Explanations of skating skills:

Can you tell me what can Miyahara better than Medvedeva?

I am not qualified to do an in-depth analysis like some members of this forum are, but a couple of things I did notice are: Satoko has deeper edges, better control, better rhythm and flow, does fewer crossovers to build speed.

Your turn now. :) What makes Evgenia's SS undoubtedly better than Satoko's?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
American girls 8, 9, and 14? Really embarrassing for what we've done in the last 6,7 years.

All three girls were in their first year in juniors and Karen clearly suffered from injuries. Give them time. Better they get the experience now.

Country
Russia
Satoko's problem - tiny jumps, often URed or almost URed.

Results of Junior Ladies.

Next JrWorlds:
3 spots - Russia, Japan (Satoko and Rika made it! Past season they lost three spots, this season restored)
2 spots - Canada, Korea, USA, Germany.

Next JGP:
14 spots - Russia, Japan, Canada.
7 spots (and extra spots may be) - Korea, USA, Kazakstan.
6 spots - Germany, Finland, France, Ukraine.
Because Kazakstan and may be some other above-mentioned federations will not use all their spots - Korea and may be USA will have extra spots.

Situation with JGP Events will not be simple for USA.
Maybe it would be better to give Polina Edmunds chance to JrWorlds medal. She deserves this chance, and results of Team USA would be better.

Country
Russia
All three girls were in their first year in juniors and Karen clearly suffered from injuries. Give them time. Better they get the experience now.
Hmmm... Sotnilkova & Tuktamysheva at 2011, Lipnitskaia at 2012, Radionova & Pogorilaya at 2013, Sakhanovich & Medvedeva at 2014 (and Sotskova & Proklova would be not worse) - they all had their first International Junior season.

Who did not USA send Polina Edmunds? Karen Chen really suffered from injuries, Polina (also in first International Junior Season) is the only who could have real chance to medal (except Gracie who is also age eligible for JrWorlds, but we all understand that JrWorlds is not a competiion for No1 of Senior Team).

jaylee

Medalist
Hmmm... Sotnilkova & Tuktamysheva at 2011, Lipnitskaia at 2012, Radionova & Pogorilaya at 2013, Sakhanovich & Medvedeva at 2014 (and Sotskova & Proklova would be not worse) - they all had their first International Junior season.

Who did not USA send Polina Edmunds? Karen Chen really suffered from injuries, Polina (also in first International Junior Season) is the only who could have real chance to medal (except Gracie who is also age eligible for JrWorlds, but we all understand that JrWorlds is not a competiion for No1 of Senior Team).

They probably thought it was weird to send someone who went to the Olympics to junior worlds.

But I agree with you, I think sending Polina Edmunds to Junior Worlds would've resulted in a likely medal for Polina, whereas she's not likely going to be one of the top 2 US ladies at Worlds. They probably should've sent Mirai Nagasu to senior Worlds, as they rewarded other top finishers who didn't go to the Olympics (Coughlin/Denney, Max Aaron).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They probably thought it was weird to send someone who went to the Olympics to junior worlds.

But I agree with you, I think sending Polina Edmunds to Junior Worlds would've resulted in a likely medal for Polina, whereas she's not likely going to be one of the top 2 US ladies at Worlds.

Polina definitely should have skated here
would have won silver at best