Programs from this quad that will be talked about in 20 years | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Programs from this quad that will be talked about in 20 years

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Even though he wasn't a top-level skater, I'm hoping some will still remember Shawn Sawyer's Mad Hatter routine. If you can't tell from my display pic, I'm a uber.

I LOVE Shawn Sawyer's Alice in Wonderland routine. His performance of that FS at Canadians was AMAZING. In fact, I hate to say this, it was hard to enjoy Duhamel/Radford's FS because all I could think about is Shawn Saywer's program. :love:

I will name the programs that are memorable to me:

* Jason Brown - Riverdance FS (2014)
* Shawn Sawyer - Alice in Wonderland FS (2011)
* Savchenko/Szolkozy - Pina FS (2012)
* Daisuke Takahashi - In the Garden of Souls SP (2012)
* Daisuke Takahashi - Blues for Kook FS (2012)
* Davis/White - Giselle SD (2013)
* Virtue/Moir - Latin FD (2011)
* Akiko Suzuki - "O" FS (2013)
* Akiko Suzuki - Die Fiedlermaus FS (2012)
* Carolina Kostner - Bolero FS (2013/2014)
* Yuna Kim - Les Mierables FS (2013)
* Yuna Kim - Send in the Clowns SP (2014)
* Ross Miner - Casablanca FS (2011)
* Javier Fernandez - Chaplin FS (2013)
* Yuzuru Hanyu - Parisian Walkways SP (2013/2014)
* Yuzuru Hanyu - Romeo and Juliet FS (2012)
* Mao Asada - Piano Concerto No. 2 FS (2014- her Olympics performance)
* Ashley Wagner - Black Swan FS (2012)
* Alissa Czisny - Winter into Spring FS (2011)
* Patrick Chan - Elegie SP (2013/2014)
* Voloshzhar/Trankov- Masquerade Waltz SP (2014)

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ You've got some really good ones in there, Mrs. P. :biggrin: Count me in as another one who loved Shawn Sawyer's Mad Hatter program. Furthermore, we were thrilled he got to appear in last season's USA SOI tour. That's one of the reasons I wish the US & Canadian tours would not overlap this season.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
I don't understand why anyone would remember Adios Nonino. Bland, emotionless, going-through-the-motions. I didn't even know it was supposed to be a tango!

There's only so many actualy tango moves you can do by yourself + on the ice. She basically did all the ones that CAN be done and showed a variety of facial expressions although at times she did look a little bored (probably telegraphing her next jump)

Suzzie

Rinkside
Patrick Chan - Phantasia 2010-11
Patrick Chan - Elegie 2013-14
Yuna Kim - les Miserables
Caro - Bolero
Virtue Moir - Carmen
Savchenko / Szolkowy - Out of Africa

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I've already forgotten most of the programs people listed in this thread :slink:

Maybe another way to look at this question is to consider what programs we remember from two decades ago. Are those the programs you thought that you'd remember? If I were to look at 1994-1998 programs (because the Olympic cycle before that was abbreviated):
Lu Chen, The Last Emperor
Rahkamo and Kokko, Quickstep (what eventually became the Finnstep)
Annisina and Peizerat, Romeo and Juliet

The only one of these I can recall watching in real time is the first. I'm sure most people would go with Kwan, but I never found her all that memorable.

If we moved on to 1998-2002:
Alexei Yagudin, Winter
Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze, Chaplin and Lady Caliph
I remember liking a lot of A/P's stuff but none of the programs have stuck with me over time.

Suzzie

Rinkside
If we moved on to 1998-2002:
Alexei Yagudin, Winter
Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze, Chaplin and Lady Caliph
I remember liking a lot of A/P's stuff but none of the programs have stuck with me over time.

winter is still the best SP for me, and the most memorable. The same is Yagudin's Iron mask LP

aschiutza

On the Ice
From the last two decades?
For men:

- Kulik Revolutions , Romeo and Julia
- Yagudin Winter , Lawrence of Arabia
- Plushenko Godfather, Crazy Bird (i just adore it, this program got my attention on Plushenko !), just to name two now
- Lambiel 4 seasons
- Abt 2002 programs (both)
- Candeloro D'artagnan (his only program i ever liked)
- Joubert Matrix

Lota

Record Breaker
If we're still talking about the last 4 years, these are probably the ones most will remember:

Daisuke Takahashi "Blues for Klook"
Denis Ten "The Artist"
Mao Asada "Piano Concerto No. 2" (Olympics)
V/T "Black Swan"
W/P "Je Suis Malade"
Carolina Kostner "Ave Maria", "Bolero"
D/W and V/M rivalry (can't pick just one program)

There are many programs that I personally will remember, though I'm not sure many of the others will :laugh:

AnastasiaO

Rinkside
Daisuke Takahashi "Blues for Klook" was a masterpieeeeece and his short program in Vancouver as well(always felt like this program was underscored)
Mao Asada "Piano Concerto No. 2" (Olympics)
Yuna's 4 olympic performances, especially her lp in Vancouver
Yuzuru's Romeo and Juliet (2012 worlds) and his olympic short program

Alba

Record Breaker
From the last quad, the programs I would remember are:

V/M - Carmen
D/W - Die Fledermaus
V/T - Masquerade - Waltz
S/K - Adam's Family
Yulia Lipnitskaya - Schindler's List

Ven

Match Penalty
Although I would also pick Yuna's Les Mis, Send in the Clowns, and perhaps Adios Nonino, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Akiko Suzuki's Phantom of the Opera FS at Japanese Nationals. I pick that one too.

For me, it would probably be Crone & Poirier 2010 Skate Canada FD. Amazing.

But it won't be remembered like a lot of progams I adore.

littlexflower

Rinkside
Yuzuru's Parisienne Walkways SP for sure. Maybe also Yulia's Schindler's List LP.
Although I have a good feeling about Yuzu's SPs in the future, it must be hard to surpass the success of PW.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Who will talk about the programs twenty years from now? The FS fans, the experts?
I agree with many mentioned programs. I didn't want to post in this thread but I need to say the difference is so big your proposals and the reality. I think the the number of viewers on Youtube a little clue as to which programs will be memorable. I read Plushenko's name and his programs only two times in this thread. Well his programs are always the most viewed on Youtube (male program). For example the Olympic Godfather videos were incredible popular but those were blocked by IOC two weeks ago.. :(..
So I add your list:

Plushenko :- Tribute to Nijinsky no doubt ,that is already a legendary program.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJXkfMYTX4 .. and the Nijinsky animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdSFbMDUo14
-Godfather -brought many new fans for the figure skating
-Carmen
I also like Plushy but these programs of his are from the previous quad, aren't they? they are legendary already. but they are not from this quad.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
From the last two decades?
For men:

- Kulik Revolutions , Romeo and Julia
- Yagudin Winter , Lawrence of Arabia
- Plushenko Godfather, Crazy Bird (i just adore it, this program got my attention on Plushenko !), just to name two now
- Lambiel 4 seasons
- Abt 2002 programs (both)
- Candeloro D'artagnan (his only program i ever liked)
- Joubert Matrix

Plushenko
-St.Peterburg 300
-Tribute to Nijinsky
-Carmen

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I also like Plushy but these programs of his are from the previous quad, aren't they? they are legendary already. but they are not from this quad.
yes, I noticed, so I deleted it, but you already posted your comment, sorry :)