The Last Dance of Mao Asada | Golden Skate

The Last Dance of Mao Asada

Nocturne

On the Ice
What a beautiful report about her! And all these pictures of her sochi Performance are wonderful!
She's my favorite skater forever! :)

BlackPack

Medalist
What a beautiful pictorial. She was the cutest little girl. One of the finest champions in skating. :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WOW that was great! Mao will always be one of my favorite skaters, she is special.

Thank you for sharing the link.

Crystallize

On the Ice
In December 2011, she lost her beloved mother Kyoko. Thinking she had to lose weight in order to make her jumps, Asada began eating less, giving her a gaunt look.

When doubt crept in, Asada once revealed “My mother used to say to me ‘Mao, you are skating for your mother, aren’t you?’ and ‘Mao may quit skating when I am no longer around.’

It truly is a very beautiful and inspiring report, but this part really made me sad. :cry:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Just beautiful :cry:, I really like her and I will remember her as one of the best ever, thanks for sharing

bebevia

On the Ice
Well, we all know the content of the story by following her history real, I mean, near-time :) I think in the end, most felt what she felt.
I like the graphic effect where the insert photo changes at the beginning of each paragraph with the scroll! This I like but I only saw this like, five times in my life.

Thank you so much for the link! Asada is always going to be one of my favorite skaters, always. I don't tend to think in terms of wishing I could meet a particular skater, even a favorite, but I would love to meet Asada so I could thank her for the beautiful skating she has given us and the tough perseverance she has shown. I only know a few words in Japanese, but fortunately "thank you" is one of them. That long program at Sochi was stupendous and will be a subject for admiring discussion among skate fans for years to come.

Mao is also one of the few skaters who seems as animated and fascinating in still pictures as she does while skating. Her face is so expressive without ever being exaggerated. She seems to skate with her whole body and her whole heart.

neraiselle

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing the link with us! It's so beautiful and I can feel so much love and care that went into this. I just wish I could understand the interviews with Kumiko Sato and Shizuka! :)