How Sick Are We of Michael Bergin? | Golden Skate

How Sick Are We of Michael Bergin?

A&E is now about to rerun their interview with Michael Bergin, whose book "The Other Man: Carolyn Bessette, JFK Jr., and Me" has just come out, for about the fifth time since Monday. In NYC, the NY Post printed excerpts from the book in Mon., Tues., and today's issues.

The guy has claimed that the only reason he wrote his book, which details all kinds of intimate junk about Bessette, was to "set the record straight" about Carolyn, such as that she didn't have a cocaine problem, as was claimed in the book by one of JFK Jr.'s *friends.* Instead he talks about her two abortions, intimating that one of them might have been JFK Jr.'s child and either way, Carolyn didn't know if it was John Jr.'s or Bergin's, asserting that he, Bergain, carried on a sexual affair with Bissette after she married John, and other things that paint her as a mess, despite him constantly saying how much he loves her and how he *knows* she always loved him. Yeah, sounds like you really love her to me, buddy.

I have no problem with books that go after celebrities. It goes with the territory. But Carolyn and JFK Jr. are dead. They can't defend themselves, give their side of the story, or call these people who just *want to set the record straight* by their right names. I haven't looked, but I'm sure Bergin's book is now at the top of the NY Times bestseller list. Bergin, BTW, is a former Calvin Klein model, was on "Baywatch" for a couple of seasons, and has otherwise hasn't had much of an acting career. Bergin is also *happily married* with two kids.

I'm hardly one to live in a bubble and think that John Jr. and Carolyn Bessette didn't have problems as bad as or worse than others of their age, wealth, and social standing. And if Michael Bergin came out and said, "Yeah, sure. I'm a sleaze for doing this, but I believe in free enterprise," I'd actually be find with that. But all this "I'm doing this because I've always loved her" BS just makes me ill.

So this is how sick I am of Michael Bergin: :-0~~~~~~~~~
Rgirl

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It goes with the territory. But Carolyn and JFK Jr. are dead. They can't defend themselves, give their side of the story, or call these people who just *want to set the record straight* by their right names.

.........They're called opportunists, ready to make a quick buck and a shot at the limelight on the backs of those who are no longer with us.........shoddy and I too am sick of the press generated by Mr. Bergin...........42

Aloft04

On the Ice
I'm with you, Rgirl, (and I would've turned the TV off in disgust if he wasn't so darned easy to look at)....yes, I'm indeed shallow.

Shades of Princess Diana's cad - Captain Hewitt (?), so self-serving yet cloaked in the guise of "setting the record straight."
Ugh.

:sheesh:

I'll miss him after his 15 minutes of fame though. He's awfully pleasing on the eye.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I was completely disgusted also. I didn't even bother to watch. If Bessette was the love of his life, then why go and publicly tarnish her name? It is ridiculous and sad. I didn't ever believe they were perfect people, but I do know that they died horrible deaths and deserve more respect than this. It is a little late for "setting the record straight". I guess underwear modeling isn't cutting it these days.....what a sad, pathetic waste of space this man is. I'm sure Mr. Bergin has some nasty little secrets in his closet as well...here's to hoping karma comes around and bites this guy in the ass.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
He was on ET... basically it's a not so cute publicity scheme on his part

I agree he seems to be really *in love* with her :rolleye: If he really loved her he'd shut up. It doesn't make her look good, much less him. (Hello he's married and had an affair with a married woman, and brags on national TV so that his kids can see???? He's a looney!)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Rgirl for starting this topic. I watched it the other night and I, too, think if you loved her sooooooooo much, how could you destroy her memory. I can't belive that Carolyn in this day and age got pregnant twice, let alone once. Who knows for sure? I guess what I don’t understand is why bring all of that up now, why not when she was dating John. I think he could have made more money then.

I feel sorry for Caroline, John’s sister. All the tragedy she has lived through and now Mr. Slime just adding to it.

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
First thing I thought when I saw this was "who the heck is M. Bergin?" :laugh:
I refuse to watch or read things like that. They are just out to make big bucks no matter who gets hurt.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
ITA with you all...

I wish everyone would avoid telecasts like that. The worst thing about this is that there's a market for that kind of sleaze in the first place.
If we put a fraction of the energy we spend on celebrity gossip doing something positive instead, we could change the world.
And that's my rant for today.
Rave

dizzydi

On the Ice
Michael Bergin?

The only reason I looked at this was my curiousity as to who Michael Bergin is in the first place. To find out that he had anything at all to do with the Kennedys or anyone related or married to them is proof enough in itself that he's a bottom feeder.

Dizzy