South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 19 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^@Capcomeback
ITA!!

What's the big deal here. Anyone could cut copy and paste the worst one sided posts on GS and call it a news article.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yawn. ANOTHER thread for Yunafans to whinge, moan, complain, and throw insults ("Putinkova"? Really?) at Adelina.

Your skater is handling this with a thousand times more class and grace than you are, people.

Nadya

On the Ice
That's not by Gallagher is it?

Of all the lovely images of Kim's skating, they HAD to pick a mallet-foot spiral?

I think it is best to describe Gallagher's writing by his own words, picked from this very article:

"So over the top that it was farcical. ...It was a complete joke." (Of an article).

JapanTimes must be really hard up.

usethis2

Medalist
endless story. Russians had their revenge for Slutskaya and Pluschenko. Koreans will do smth else.

That's what people want to put an end to. Some people seem to have forgotten that 1) Yuna was probably the first person to have moved on, and 2) Korea is in a great position for a payback.

It's not fair to all the skaters and the fans.

Edit: Oh, this lady came back from the vacation I suppose. Fun time incoming!

Alba

Record Breaker
Everybody talks about Cinquanta, which is fine, but the 1st Vice President of ISU and head of Figure Skating, David Dore, it's never mentioned anywhere. I wonder why....

usethis2

Medalist
The political maneuver for 2018 by Korea has begun. Who among those defending Sochi can/will blame them?

BusyMom

Medalist
The political maneuver for 2018 by Korea has begun. Who among those defending Sochi can/will blame them?
So the Winter Olympics will become like Asian Games(the summer not the winter games) then. Between three big nations, China/Japan/S.Korea, host nation always won the top medals. Outside of the big3, the host nation likely ends up in the top3 while China gets to be on top of the table.

Hope it won't get any worst that that.

winky97

Medalist
Yuna has a gold and silver in two Olympics. Congratulations to her and may her fans one day appreciate her achievements. I agree that judges better be from different nationalities but then Russian, American, Chinese and probably Canadian judges will never work in any competition!

It is time to move on. :)

I am pretty sure Yuna Kim's fans fully appreciate her accomplishments, which be many accounts should include a second OGM. From all reports she seems to be a very nice and giving young lady, so lets appreciate that as well. However, the ISU should not just be moving on from a competition that is this marred in controversy. If they want their sport to have any kind of credibility, the should want to avoid this kind of controversy in the future. They have problems that need to be address. I don't think that it is necessary that judges be from different countries. There just should not be anonymous judging. I believe that the inflated scoring would be less likely is judges had to actually be accountable for their scores.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Well, The write's "one liner" style is pretty amateurish,

But i can't help but agree with this:

What I will never forget is the courage that Kim displayed that night in Sochi. She no doubt sensed that the fix was in before she took the ice, but she never even blinked as she went through her routine knowing the majority of the crowd was rooting against her.

I was pissed that Kim was coming back, But i can't think of many times i've been more proud of an Athlete.

Nadya

On the Ice
Well, The write's "one liner" style is pretty amateurish,

But i can't help but agree with this:

I was pissed that Kim was coming back, But i can't think of many times i've been more proud of an Athlete.
That might be, or that might be pure projection on his, and your part. We tend to do that - infuse a beautiful or well-performing thing with all kinds of virtues.

It is impossible to know what is in the head and the heart of another human being. Since Kim rose to the top of the figure skating world on the strength, at least partially, of her amazing consistency, one could just as easily argue that Kim performed simply Kim-like and delivered another clean competition.

Nadya

On the Ice
I am pretty sure Yuna Kim's fans fully appreciate her accomplishments, which be many accounts should include a second OGM. From all reports she seems to be a very nice and giving young lady, so lets appreciate that as well. However, the ISU should not just be moving on from a competition that is this marred in controversy. If they want their sport to have any kind of credibility, the should want to avoid this kind of controversy in the future. They have problems that need to be address. I don't think that it is necessary that judges be from different countries. There just should not be anonymous judging. I believe that the inflated scoring would be less likely is judges had to actually be accountable for their scores.

You say this like 6.0, where judges were clearly identifiable by name and image, has never delivered a corrupt, questionable or shady judging call.

usethis2

Medalist
So the Winter Olympics will become like Asian Games(the summer not the winter games) then. Between three big nations, China/Japan/S.Korea, host nation always won the top medals. Outside of the big3, the host nation likely ends up in the top3 while China gets to be on top of the table.

Hope it won't get any worst that that.
A change will not happen a year before the Olympics for obvious reasons. The hosting nation, however, can do a lot of things to the last minute (see Sochi). I think a solution should be devised within a year or two.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Both can be, And still she hasn't skated that specific program cleanly in her 2 competitions this season,

And even if she wasn't aware of anything, Or didn't identify that the crowd is not as loud as it usually is for her,
(and that is an understatement and personally for me hard to believe) Like the british commentator said:

She's in the loneliest place she could be right now, Skating last, Defending her Olympic Gold, And one of only 3 women to ever do so.

[/B]You say this like 6.0, where judges were clearly identifiable by name and image, has never delivered a corrupt, questionable or shady judging call.

But it was much more fun back then, when we could say, oh, look at that conniving Canadian judge putting Elvis Stojko ahead of my guy Todd Eldredge.

Now all we can do is flail around in the dark. We still have the pleasure of getting mad, but at whom?

jcsamex

Rinkside
I wonder what about with Japan times, he complained about Mao doing so bad in olympics regardles her wonderful LP, but he is so worried about Yuna :confused: . Whatever, I am so tired about all this, I am hasta la madre :mad:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I totally understand what you mean.

I just hope that by the time 2018 arrives the Koreans will have put Sochi well behind them. Figure skating will survive Sochi, and if Korea puts on a good show it will put "paid" to that "effort" by the Russians. THAT is the best thing the Koreans can do.

endless story. Russians had their revenge for Slutskaya and Pluschenko. Koreans will do smth else.

Skaters and scoring aside, I think this is true. The Americans got their way with Hughes and Lysacek as well as Russia did with Sotnikova and their pairs (and I'm not saying they committed a fraud per se, I'm just saying they put everything else in place to favor their skaters) so I don't understand where this all whinning is coming from as it's clearly nothing new.

Politicking is as much as a part of figure skating as jumps and spins. Sadly so? Maybe, but it's the way it's always been.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But it was much more fun back then, when we could say, oh, look at that conniving Canadian judge putting Elvis Stojko ahead of my guy Todd Eldredge.

Now all we can do is flail around in the dark. We still have the pleasure of getting mad, but at whom?

Exactly. Funny and frustration. The invisible nail has been hit on the not so invisible head!!