South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 58 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ +1

We don't agree on a few things..yet I feel like we get along just fine. It's appreciated!! :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, of course. My real issue is that the JC thread sometimes deteriorated into a lot of nationalistic bashing and that's what I'd like to avoid in this one. I got nervous after reading an earlier post that seemed to be going in that direction.

I'm with you.

On a more practical note: has the text of the complaint been published anywhere? We've been hearing a lot about what the KSU might have been planning to say, but do we know yet what they actually did say in the document that went to the ISU? This inquiring mind wants to know! ;)

No, the complaint has not been published anywhere so far. Basically we are discussing about nothing.:laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
No, the complaint has not been published anywhere so far. Basically we are discussing about nothing.:laugh:
Apparently I have come to believe that Russian Fed is clean of the judging controversy, it's only the ISU that wants to show their gratitude towards Putin.
You know, how can a Fed has enough sane and scheme for such controversy agree to the idea of letting Plushy compete for another season?:unsure: Still sock from the news on the thread I/K and Plushy fan fest. :unsure:

Alba

Record Breaker
Apparently I have come to believe that Russian Fed is clean of the judging controversy, it's only the ISU that wants to show their gratitude towards Putin.

I don't know really. I can hardly belive that any Fed is "clean". Fed's are for politicking as well, it's part of their job.

You know, how can a Fed has enough sane and scheme for such controversy agree to the idea of letting Plushy compete for another season?:unsure: Still sock from the news on the thread I/K and Plushy fan fest. :unsure:

I hope it's just a joke.:rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't know really. I can hardly belive that any Fed is "clean". Fed's are for politicking as well, it's part of their job.
I hope it's just a joke.:rolleye:
I mean if they are insane (aka stupid) enough to let Plush compete for the next season, I have to believe that the judging at Sochi was quite clean. :unsure:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If Plushy wants to compete, why should the RuFed stop him?

I mean, I'm not for it, I love Plushy but please retire while you can still walk. Maybe he wants to come back and regain his National crown one last time.

Anyway, if Plushy is continuing, then suddenly Gachi leaving Mishin makes more sense.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If Plushy wants to compete, why should the RuFed stop him?
I mean, I'm not for it, I love Plushy but please retire while you can still walk. Maybe he wants to come back and regain his National crown one last time.
Anyway, if Plushy is continuing, then suddenly Gachi leaving Mishin makes more sense.
I hope Russian Fed will stop Plushy because I would rather see him healthy for the rest of his life. He still can show his skills at ice shows. It doesn't have to be in competition. People consider him the king, he doesn't have to prove it to anyone.
I mean, Russian Fed must have been crazy!:unsure:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope Russian Fed will stop Plushy because I would rather see him healthy for the rest of his life. He still can show his skills at ice shows. It doesn't have to be in competition. People consider him the king, he doesn't have to prove it to anyone.
I mean, Russian Fed must have been crazy!:unsure:

Do you think they can stop him? They've tried before. It didn't work then, I doubt it would work now.

seabm7

Final Flight
On a more practical note: has the text of the complaint been published anywhere? We've been hearing a lot about what the KSU might have been planning to say, but do we know yet what they actually did say in the document that went to the ISU? This inquiring mind wants to know! ;)

No, it hasn't been published. My understanding is that the text is regarded as confidential.

Alba

Record Breaker
I mean if they are insane (aka stupid) enough to let Plush compete for the next season, I have to believe that the judging at Sochi was quite clean. :unsure:

Ah ok. :laugh:

Do you think they can stop him? They've tried before. It didn't work then, I doubt it would work now.

Yes they can and they should. Just like they did with Kovtun.;)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States

78 pages' worth of posts is a lot of yakking about nothing, isn't it? :biggrin: Still, there's a long way to go before we match the JC thread -- 270 pages! :eek:

I'd rather be mad about the reason a score was given than at who gave it. It seems easier to adjust the rules than correct human nature.

:clap: Much wisdom here...

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
78 pages' worth of posts is a lot of yakking about nothing, isn't it? :biggrin: Still, there's a long way to go before we match the JC thread -- 270 pages! :eek:

You see? We can do better here, we're just warming up. :biggrin:

It seems easier to adjust the rules than correct human nature.

Yeah but the rules are made by the humans. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes they can and they should. Just like they did with Kovtun.;)

Kovtun skating at the Olympics relied on another skater's withdrawal by a deadline - a withdrawal that the other skater, by many accounts, was prepared to make, until such time as he was told Kovtun could not be found. So neither skater at fault.

Plushenko returning for another season does not depend on such a circumstance. They can't stop him.

pec0

Match Penalty
Korea has officially filed complaint. It would be appreciated if anyone start new thread specifying the content and documentation of the complaint.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Korea has officially filed complaint. It would be appreciated if anyone start new thread specifying the content and documentation of the complaint.

I asked about that earlier; see Alba's reply @ post #1147. Unfortunately, the complaint hasn't been published anywhere yet.

pec0

Match Penalty
I asked about that earlier; see Alba's reply @ post #1147. Unfortunately, the complaint hasn't been published anywhere yet.

Thanks.
It was not appropriate but I did not go back to read previous comments before posting that request. It is hard to know what is happening now.