South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 59 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

BusyMom

Medalist
I mean, I'm not for it, I love Plushy but please retire while you can still walk. Maybe he wants to come back and regain his National crown one last time.

He might set his eye for OG2018. :laugh: With a few more operations, I believes he will enter Guinness Book as the first HumanDroid who participate in the Olympic Games. :slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
Kovtun skating at the Olympics relied on another skater's withdrawal by a deadline - a withdrawal that the other skater, by many accounts, was prepared to make, until such time as he was told Kovtun could not be found. So neither skater at fault.

Plushenko returning for another season does not depend on such a circumstance. They can't stop him.

I'm not speaking about fault of Plushenko, but the Fed had the power to choose who to send there and they chose Plushenko. That's why I'm saying they can. They can't stop him from skating but they can stop the judges to inflate his marks and certainly can choose who to send to the WC or Euros.

Maybe so, but did you see Mathman's post re: the Yuzuru thread? By those standards, we're a bunch of rank amateurs!:slink:

Start typing, everyone! :yay:

You see, I'm typing, but we can't compete with girls in love can we?:biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
You see, I'm typing, but we can't compete with girls in love can we?:biggrin:

Well there are quite a lot of us posting in the Yuzuru thread older than him (his fan aunties so not exactly girls ;)) who may be surprised at finding ourselves being fans of a Pooh bear toting teenager; and yes, at least one married gentleman who recently posted that "some of us are male, and straight, and immune to how 'pretty' a male skater is :-D."

Alba

Record Breaker
Well there are quite a lot of us posting in the Yuzuru thread older than him (his fan aunties so not exactly girls ;)) who may be surprised at finding ourselves being fans of a Pooh bear toting teenager; and yes, at least one married gentleman who recently posted that "some of us are male, and straight, and immune to how 'pretty' a male skater is :-D."

Oh don't be so sensitive. I have nothing against girls (I wish I could go back in time and be a young girl again ;) ) or Yuzuru which I like a lot. :)

chalk5

Match Penalty
I think Ottavio Cinquanta also degrees with the result after Yuna's loss. Look @ 00:40 notice when others are clapping (I don't understand why Putin is sitting next him, obviously this shows this whole thing is rigged, although we can't verify now it's Putin, but we aren't stupid). Ciniquanta looks a bit worried the result, perhaps knowing what is coming in future or just how pathetic the whole thing has been. I don't know I get mixed feelings about this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ5ysmnLANw

sk8in

Match Penalty
Wait so Ottavio was actually sitting next to Putin during the ladies' free skate? Whether or not there's anything to that, the appearance of corruption is pretty amazing. I mean a conspiracy theorist could not make the competition look any worse haha.

LyraAngelica

On the Ice
Wait so Ottavio was actually sitting next to Putin during the ladies' free skate? Whether or not there's anything to that, the appearance of corruption is pretty amazing. I mean a conspiracy theorist could not make the competition look any worse haha.

Yeah, I forgot they showed them sitting close to each other.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I think Ottavio Cinquanta also degrees with the result after Yuna's loss. Look @ 00:40 notice when others are clapping (I don't understand why Putin is sitting next him, obviously this shows this whole thing is rigged, although we can't verify now it's Putin, but we aren't stupid). Ciniquanta looks a bit worried the result, perhaps knowing what is coming in future or just how pathetic the whole thing has been. I don't know I get mixed feelings about this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ5ysmnLANw

I don't think it means anything, and honestly you're going wayyy into conspiracy territory now. It's common for athletic heads to sit with the president of the host nation.

chalk5

Match Penalty
No it does not. You don't see that commonly everywhere. So don't make statements like that.

Barb

Record Breaker
In gpf in korea Cinquatta was sitting next to president of Korea ??:confused: Or the mayor of the city if I remember correctly :scratch:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
No it does not. You don't see that commonly everywhere. So don't make statements like that.

It's common. Just look at the last few Olympics.

Ubers like you and your fanatically impassioned and ignorant statements are what makes people turned off of Yuna Kim.

Ven

Match Penalty
It's common. Just look at the last few Olympics.

Ubers like you and your fanatically impassioned and ignorant statements are what makes people turned off of Yuna Kim.

What's also common is the trend of fewer and fewer people interested in figure skating every year.

It's also common for the arenas to be more and more empty.

And for the ISU to lose more and more money.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^Your post is a complete tangent from what was originally being discussed.

It's great you're a Yuna fan and all, but your vehemence and repetitive/tangential remarks aren't doing Yuna (or her other fans) any goodwill service.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's also common is the trend of fewer and fewer people interested in figure skating every year.

It's also common for the arenas to be more and more empty.

And for the ISU to lose more and more money.

What's even more common is you posting this over and over. Do you have this saved to a clipboard or something?

Ven

Match Penalty
^Your post is a complete tangent from what was originally being discussed.

No, it's related. You were celebrating disenchanted fans leaving the sport.

I was merely pointing out -- what a coincidence, figure skating seems to have fewer and fewer fans these days.