South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 64 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
watch when she comes back.. just to haunt you.. especially south korea will host the next olympics.. :laugh:

Wait, you're actually supporting Yuna being forced to come back for another Olympics?! They already forced her into one!

Ven

Match Penalty
I just wish all this energy could be turned to good. It seems like the goal is just to hold Sotnikova up to ridicule. Celebrating Yuna is better than tearing down someone else.

The ISU and figure skating in general are what's being held up to ridicule, and I'm totally fine with that. Deserves to be that way, imo.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Korean fans set up screen door advertising at public places like subway station. They are going to promote their official website.

www.sochiscandal.com/

Before this, they had already done many projects to forced Korea official. If not because of their endless effort, Korea union never dare to do anything for Yuna's sake.

The top banner says: "Even on this day, February 21st, 2014, the Sochi Olympics aren't over yet."

http://i.imgur.com/21mELro.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k50RvC8.jpg

Good to hear that! :)
By which I mean, I'm happy for Korean fans because they have found creative ways how to express their emotions instead of having life by means of turning their backs to the corrupt no-sport of FS and forgetting about it like many international Yuna and/or elegant skating fans have done after Sochi.

This is true that 2/21/2014 will never be over. Sports events are meant to be remembered and scandals stay the longest. (If you want an example, go to England and ask people what they think about Maradona :) ) This is not necessarily bad. This is part of Korean culture now and the good news for everybody here is that this part is figure skating and not some of more popular (globally) or prestigious sports of today.

Alba

Record Breaker
Korean fans set up screen door advertising at public places like subway station. They are going to promote their official website.

www.sochiscandal.com/

Before this, they had already done many projects to forced Korea official. If not because of their endless effort, Korea union never dare to do anything for Yuna's sake.

The top banner says: "Even on this day, February 21st, 2014, the Sochi Olympics aren't over yet."

http://i.imgur.com/21mELro.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k50RvC8.jpg

I think this is becoming pathetic really.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I had to look again it is posted in a train station ?
:rofl: wow, that's a new low for the word desperation.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Are they going to make a poem like from Guy Fawkes Day and recite it every February 21???? :scratch:

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Seriously?

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Are they going to make a poem like from Guy Fawkes Day and recite it every February 21???? :scratch:

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Seriously?

Well, if that happens, let's hope that the poem is the only resemblance to Guy Fawkes Day.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Um, does South Korea even acknowledge the fact that she won in 2010 at this point or care?! :laugh: :rolleye:

I'd like to congratulate Italy for keeping it classy and not pulling this crap. If anything Kostner should be awarded the gold over Kim, and Sotnikova 3rd. :rolleye:

cooper

Medalist
Um, does South Korea even acknowledge the fact that she won in 2010 at this point or care?! :laugh: :rolleye:

I'd like to congratulate Italy for keeping it classy and not pulling this crap. If anything Kostner should be awarded the gold over Kim, and Sotnikova 3rd. :rolleye:

i remember one olympian said during the london games.. she was happy to win the bronze.. most athletes who won bronze don't really care..

sk8in

Match Penalty
Carolina should be gifted it because she's old, and tragically messed up when the Olympics were hosted in Italy right? She didn't have a triple-triple. That is not OGM material.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

You should include Yuna in your hats off too:yes:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
This whole thread may have been moderated. I didnt read it...I may have contributed. It does show that YuNa has the most rabid fans on the planet. YuNa is beautiful and I think she will parlay that into not just more beer commercials and not more mediocre songs. It does disturb me that she is the only skater that has fans so insane and mean that they go to mao fan forums to just disrupt and call her a whale eating ugly you name it. There are some Japanese fans who fire back nasty but this crucifixtion of Adelina has really been largely allowed here perhaps due to the huge amt of yuna fans and bots during her 8 year competitive reign at the top of the sport. I have seen the name calling allowed. I got hammered for in depth analysis of Maks and Meryl. I rightly should not have used the word Ho esp. since I did not know what it meant -live and learn. But how some posters get away with name calling in yuNa's name over and over is disturbing, and one wonders how that seems to get by....I'm sure I will be called a non Yuna Uber but I think the gold was hers, even tho it was not her best performance by any means.

You know, many people prefer what YuNa did, myself included. I love YuNa the person because considering the adoration, she is amazingly grounded. She knows she is a great CoP skater. She knows she is a once in a lifetime jumper. She knows she is favored and she knows she is very pretty. She knows she is no great singer. She is embarrassed by the overubers I am sure. She has some humility even now. Figure skating judging is replete with wuzrobbed and always will be. YuNa's PCS wss overscored but Adelinas's was ridiculous. In the top six skaters, she, Adelina, cannot skate with the beauty, elegance what have you of any. Ashley Wagner, for example, who was underscored in both team and individual in PCS. For me, YuNa has shown beauty in those 3x3 jumps. Her lackings are well knownn, we needn't say why she is not considered the most elegant skater but she really has wow factors and some say in person she comes across even better. Adelina was overscored in Putin's Olympics. We see see that in every Olympics with the host country. I think Russia was a little more obvious, and I have nothing against the beautiful, cultured Russian people and admire so many of their skaters and dancers especially.

I feel sorry for Adelina as she really is a good athlete but is lacking in nother aspects, she is only 17, and certainly not as elegant as Grace Gold at 18 or sasha cohen. She is not as refined as her compatriot Julia nor Liza. Perhaps it was the music, costume and very meh choreography. It was a point collector. Since I have only weighed in once in all the threads here in all the folders, I did say, turn the music off and watch each performance. I was stunned at how on the beat and musical YuNa was, and this was not her best program nor her best performance. She lacked the fire that music could conjure up in many a skater. But her skating skills and everythinb else should have knocked Adelina out of the park. Kostner, Asada, Gold, Yulia, and underscored Wagner also put this girl to shame. She is an athlete and not an artist at this point. I could give out the gold medal, I'd have to say toYuNa because Caro didn't have a great LP. Caro is for me incomparable in PCS. Her Ave Maria was a religious experience and even made Lori Nichol cry. No other SP approached that, even though YuNa's was lovely.

So in retrospect, I feel YuNa earned the gold if the PCS scores were honest and fair given what each did that night. That said, Adelina skated the heck out of that program and with the crowd behinder she flew. I at this point am not a Sotnikova fan. I would rather watch Julia, Elena, and certainly now Anna P. I am not sure why, but I think the choreography for the Russian women and the music and costuming miss the mark so much. But they have turned out a handful of current triple jumpers who really go after the points, even if overall it is ugly. Julia's was the one program that seemed to get judges and audiences alike all season. Kudos to whoever put that together. It was perfect for a little girl skater in the senior ranks. I had no favorite but I will go with artistry over jumps most any day and yuNa was nervous, but I think she deserved the gold. But it is time for people in Korea and her ubers in general to "let it go." Speaking of enchanting...watch Gold skate to that music in SOI. Gracie is an athlete and beautiful to watch, I think. I hope S. Korean eventually forgives Sotnikova for accepting the medal she was handed. She may turn out to me a beautiful to watch skater if she continues to Korea. I can only guess we will see revenge against the Russians based on all the vitriol in the media and the boards. It should be fascinating as So youn Park is very good. And the Russian girls are simply fierce right now.

makaihime

Final Flight
This isn't really extreme seeing as how Yuna's their Queen and a lot of Korean fans usually buy ad's (newspapers, subways, buses, etc) for their favorite pop idol's birthdays/event. Its more of a cultural norm I think. (And yes, my favorite to win was Carolina so I'm on board with giving her an honorary gold :biggrin: Heck just give all 3 a OGM and call it a day lol)

Although....just imagine if Adelina wins the OGM again in pyeongchang due to a ladies splatfest (the only plausible way for it to happen) Or even a medal in general. :popcorn: But honestly, I'm rooting for this girl to do well and for her to remain in the top 5 if she continues, because really--the amount of hate/threats she got and is still getting is disgusting. :disapp:

YLFan

Match Penalty
Its just rabid Koreans and American skating journalists that have a seething hate of Russia that push this. These groups might be relevant in the skating world, but in the big picture don't matter.

cooper

Medalist
^she needs security though..

one of my friends who is working in korea for many years now said that koreans' nationalism is extreme.. they will never forget.. :popcorn: and because pyeongchang will host the next winter olympics they will be reminded the heartbreak in sochi..especially for them yuna is no ordinary athlete.. so watch out from that wrath.. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Or perhaps more to the point: that there was a Korean judge in 2010 who was also the Vice President of the KSU? :sarcasm:

But honestly, I'm rooting for this girl to do well and for her to remain in the top 5 if she continues, because really--the amount of hate/threats she got and is still getting is disgusting. :disapp:

Me too. I would LOVE to see Adelina kick some booty over the next quad, but most of all, I would LOVE to see her win in Pyeongchang. I can only imagine the meltdown! :popcorn:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
There's no way Adelina will win in 2018 but it would be the ultimate trolling if everyone but her melted down and they were forced to crown her again. :laugh:

And yes, given the hate I'd love to see her kick butt next season and next quad. She'll certainly get the 70+ PCS from now on to keep her competitive.

Meoima

Match Penalty
There's no way Adelina will win in 2018 but it would be the ultimate trolling if everyone but her melted down and they were forced to crown her again. :laugh:
Meh, if that happened I am sure we will need a movie about the whole ordeal. :unsure:

one of my friends who is working in korea for many years now said that koreans' nationalism is extreme.. they will never forget.. :popcorn: and because pyeongchang will host the next winter olympics they will be reminded the heartbreak in sochi..especially for them yuna is no ordinary athlete.. so watch out from that wrath.. :laugh:
What if Adelina will not compete at the next Olympic? They will put the wrath on Radionova who didn't even compete at Sochi? I hope they will play it fair, for the sake of figure skating, not the sake of their nationalism.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm not really rooting for Adelina to win in 2018 (though I'd love it if she medalled) because it would be a little sad if she became two-time Olympic champion while Michelle Kwan, Irina Slutskaya, and Mao Asada never even won one OGM. :cry:

That being said, I hope she kicks butt over the next quad and reminds people that, whatever the result in Sochi, she did skate extremely well that night. World title + Euro/GP medals + holding off the younger Russians will be some pretty hefty accomplishments.