Let's all take a moment to be thankful that... | Golden Skate

Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

louisa05

Final Flight
Worlds is almost here!

There will be something new to talk about that is not:

*Adelina
*YuNa
*Olympic judging
*Johnny's divorce.

:yay:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think one day we'll all look back on this scoring "controversy" and laugh. But it will be exciting to talk about new "controversies" after worlds.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pumped. I made sure I got Thursday off of work so I can stay up all night watching...hopefully not on an iPhone again.

desertskates

Medalist
Thanks for the thread!! I'm very excited to see what all the skaters will bring to worlds. Should be fun to watch :D

louisa05

Final Flight
The last one, though. :bang: I am so excited for worlds!

I'm sure that we'll still be treated to "Gracie is the most beautiful person on planet earth!!!!!!" throughout Worlds.

Unfortunately, I will be here hoping that all the good GS internet sleuths find youtube videos for those of us without Universal or $ to pay for Ice Network. :)

bebevia

On the Ice
I'm sure that we'll still be treated to "Gracie is the most beautiful person on planet earth!!!!!!" throughout Worlds.
I still think, in the blonde white girl field, looking purely superficially through white guys' eyes, Kiira is prettier... so while I think Gracie is pretty, we have yet to find a successor of Kiira.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I still think, in the blonde white girl field, looking purely superficially through white guys' eyes, Kiira is prettier... so while I think Gracie is pretty, we have yet to find a successor of Kiira.

I hope that you did not mean any harm, but am I the only one who finds this post quite offensive? "Blonde white girl field ... through white guys' eyes"??? Yikes. :bang:

Wrong on multiple levels, IMO.

bebevia

On the Ice
I hope that you did not mean any harm, but am I the only one who finds this post quite offensive? "Blonde white girl field ... through white guys' eyes"??? Yikes. :bang:

Sorry if it did. I did want to deflect the matter from Gracie's looks, as it seemed to go that way. I guess it didn't work :(

Matilda

Medalist

Totally offensive. Yuck! :disapp:

BlackPack

Medalist
Unless of course Johnny makes a controversial comment as a commentator at Worlds and the judging once again is like 2013 Men's Event... :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry if it did. I did want to deflect the matter from Gracie's looks, as it seemed to go that way. I guess it didn't work :(

Apology accepted.

And I share your distaste for sky_fly's incessant hyping of Gold's looks -- which is demeaning both to her and to other young ladies.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think one day we'll all look back on this scoring "controversy" and laugh.

Wishful thinking on your part. What I am more sure about though is 20 years from now you will still be on a random internet forum somewhere trying desperately to convince everyone around Adelina deserved to win her Olympic Gold even in a thread about a pre novice event somewhere which nobody is discussing her on, lol!

brownian

Match Penalty
I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think one day we'll all look back on this scoring "controversy" and laugh. But it will be exciting to talk about new "controversies" after worlds.

You're kidding, right? Just like people are still guffawing over SLC--another laff riot, huh. Scoring controversies are just comedy central. :sarcasm: Yup, judging controversies...The Three Stooges....judging controversies...The Three Stooges...Same difference!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.

And if the Russian skater skates better than the others?

Oh wait, I forgot. No Russian skater can possibly skate better than The Precious Ones.

Anyway, ~I~ am thankful that we get Dani and Greg and Brooklee in one last outing this season, and thankful that Brendan is taking the time he needs to see a sports psychiatrist, get his head together and recover from his crazy long season.