Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Practices don't start until Monday March 24. Kind of makes sense since I don't think many skaters have even arrived in Japan yet. ;)

The Canadian team (or at least some of the ones here in Toronto) departed today from what I heard. I think G&P and M-T&M were scheduled to leave today, so some of the Canadian team will just be arriving in Japan.

--

Music Rotation schedule

http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC14_MusicRotationAll.pdf

96skiluvr

On the Ice
I assume the answer to this is no, but there's no chance that the practices are being streamed is there?

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
On the first day of official practice, Gracie Gold from the USA looked solid for both of her afternoon run - throughs. The only small issues she had were a sharp landing on the triple toe loop after the triple lutz in combination, and a tumble on the triple salchow running through her free skate.

Otherwise, she looked relaxed and focussed. Ashley Wagner and Polina Edmunds haven't arrived in Saitama yet.

Mae Berenice Meite from France was attempting triple lutz / triple toe loops in practice as well as landing a triple salchow / triple toe loop and a double axel / triple toe loop during her free program run through.

Kaetlyn Osmond took it easy during her early afternoon run through. Later in her second run through she took a nasty fall on the triple flip but came back later to land a triple salchow.

The Canadian pairs looked relaxed and happy. Moore - Towers was having trouble with her solo triple salchow but eventually got it later after her run through.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
^^Thanks for the reports Aussie! Keep em coming! :agree:

Paola D

Rinkside
Many reports say that there was a big crowd at the men's practice today. Most of them were there to see their OGMist Yuzuru Hanyu. When he appeared at the rink, there rose a huge, enthusiastic applause from the crowd. Every single move of his was the center of their attention. Each time he jumped, screams and claps came up. Even when he only took off his jacket, there were screams.:laugh:
"I don't know what to say." Yuzuru looked embarrassed, but considered the fever in a positive way. "It was a good experince to check how much I can concentrate on myself before a lot of fans." (sorry for the rough translation)

http://www.iza.ne.jp/kiji/sports/news/140324/spo14032418240049-n1.html
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20140324/fig14032415390000-n1.html

colourmeblue

Rinkside
When he appeared at the rink, there rose a huge, enthusiastic applause from the crowd. Every single move of his was the center of their attention. Each time he jumped, screams and claps came up. Even when he only took off his jacket, there were screams.:laugh:
"I don't know what to say." Yuzuru looked embarrassed, but considered the fever in a positive way. "It was a good experince to check how much I can concentrate on myself before a lot of fans.

LOL! That's very cute. Glad to hear that Yuzuru seems to be handling the pressure and excitement well. Thanks for the translation, Paola!