2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

aramina

Rinkside
Makarova and Kenchadze weren't technically any where near the top, but I thought their choreography was some of the best I've seen so far in terms of matching the musical beats.

Alba

Record Breaker
I really liked A/M, nice skate. Was that Artur Dimetri in K&C? If so he has changed.

GO T/K!!

Yeah it was him. I'm very happy for him. I always liked him very much. He and Natalia for me were the best.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Makarova and Kenchadze weren't technically any where near the top, but I thought their choreography was some of the best I've seen so far in terms of matching the musical beats.

yeah ?

I kinda thought it was bleh ... :\

OK let's go, First Medal hopefuls !!

aramina

Rinkside
Oh, it definitely could have been better choreographed overall, but their timing to the music was better than some of the top pairs I saw at the Olympics. I'm a huge musical nerd, so I tend to notice bad music choices before I notice bad choreography anyway, lol.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
yeah ?

I kinda thought it was bleh ... :\

That whole group was bleh, but I was mildly impressed how that pair who skated to the Russian folk music (the Estonians? It's 12 minutes later and already I can't remember!) managed to cram every single cliche of Russian folk dancing into a short program. Didn't miss a one!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I thought Popova and Massot started off strong but man did they peter out by the end. I never understood picking music that speeds up for teams who slow down over the course of a program. It just makes the petering out that much more glaring.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Sublime from P\Z , Great landings, Zhang looks much more into the performance than in the past imo

colourmeblue

Rinkside
Peng and Zhang have one of my favourite short programs this season. Lovely lifts. Glad to see them skate well. Zhao Hongbo also looks very fancy in that suit. :eek::

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Shame about the last throw, It was off from before take off,

It seemed like the Pairs SP is on a roll,

Well ... :\

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's a shame about the throw because Paige is like a total beaming ray of sunshine. She always looks so happy to be out there. Look at her throwing out all that happiness in the K&C. Love her.

P/Z were just lovely. Best of show so far.

DaveT

On the Ice
Still can't get past the daddy/daughter look of P/Z but that was great.

It does seem kinda weird. I think she is just lovely. I sure hope he lasts long enough for her to achieve something. That death spiral is the first one I've seen where weird stuff is added for points that doesn't make the death spiral look horrible. The program is lovely and I love her positions in the pairs spins and they go with the theme so well.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I find their choreography and execution (especially Sui) over the top,
but their elements are so Yummy!

That throw landing in particular :)

CHN grabs it

oleada

Record Breaker
I prefer Cheng/Zhang stylistically over Sui/Han. I don't think Sui/Han use the music particularly well. Still, it should be close between the two of them.

The scoring of Lawrence/Swiegers was extremely generous. No way where they better than the Germans and Americans. They were sloppy w/a fall and frankly their cutesy style has gotten really grating.

DaveT

On the Ice
I prefer Cheng/Zhang stylistically over Sui/Han. I don't think Sui/Han use the music particularly well. Still, it should be close between the two of them.

The scoring of Lawrence/Swiegers was extremely generous. No way where they better than the Germans and Americans. They were sloppy w/a fall and frankly their cutesy style has gotten really grating.

Agree on all points.