2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program

YagsFan

On the Ice
Really, CanadianSkaterGuy, snark much?? Gracie really shouldn't have to apologize or hide her good looks, for pity sakes! Can't we talk about the competitors' skills and performances, please?

Thank you.
Plus, you know, all those 9.75 PCS marks she'll get for her Hollywood blonde, Barbie, beautiful looks. :laugh:

winky97

Medalist
Good for Mao for skating so well. Hopefully it will continue for her. Personally I enjoy Yuna and Mao as skaters. Anyone know of a place online to watch the SP since I missed them? Thanks in advance.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
We had a great competition and Asada shined. Please don't make it into a "if Yuna had come she would have won". Yuna's Vancouver program is legendary, but record are meant to be broken. I already miss Yuna as much as I'm going to miss Mao, but I won't miss the Yuna-Mao rivalry among fans.

usethis2

Medalist
LOL at the Yuna fans trying desperately to smear Asada's performance. What I find amusing is her deranged fans don't know is that Yuna's record included an extra spiral sequence worth 4 or 5 points. Remove that and her Vancouver score would fall below 75+ points like her Sochi SP. Fact is Yuna would have never come close to her WR this quad and never break her own WR. Even the PCS Queen Kostner with very generous GOE's was still more than a point back to Yuna's score. Unless an even greater PCS queen arrives with even more generous GOE's Asada's record is safe.

Pathetic. Which Yuna fans are distroying to smear Asada's performance? Can you name them here? Because I haven't seen one.

You are the smearing one who tries to stir up the pot for no good reason other than just the heck of it. WR means really nothing. Have you not seen Sochi? And records are there to be broken. Both Yuna and Mao have lasting legacies, and whatever decimal points difference you want to drag in here their legacies are secure. Maobots like yourself is the one embarrassing Mao fans who are capable of enjoying both Yuna and Mao's performances.

Keep your garbage at YouTube bay.

Meoima

Match Penalty
We had a great competition and Asada shined. Please don't make it into a "if Yuna had come she would have won". Yuna's Vancouver program is legendary, but record are meant to be broken. I already miss Yuna as much as I'm going to miss Mao, but I won't miss the Yuna-Mao rivalry among fans.
Agree! Not the fans of these 2 but I have to admit they are great and classy and deseve better attitude from fans.

usethis2

Medalist
Adelina who :cool:
It was a pure accident. I was reading Judging Controversy thread with YouTube tab open on the side and there was this Africa tourists video showcasing hippos. And for a quick moment I thought Adelina looked like one of those cute hippos. I posted it as a joke and I got immediately attacked with all kinds of nasty, vulgar insults thrown at me. I apologized but obviously that wasn't enough.

To check my sanity, later on I went to Yuna Kim's fan sub-forum here and said Yuna looks like an elephant when she jumps. The "bots" did not even bother with my comment and told me they said they pitied me.

That is what I expected when I said Adelina looks like a hippo when she jumps. (not that I've seen a hippo jump) I had said several times in this forum that Adelina is beautiful before I made that joke. Boy, did I hit some folks' nerves or something.. (are there a real similarity between hippos and Adelina? I had never thought of it before that one moment when I wrote the first joke :biggrin: )

I ran into many posts comparing skaters to lots of birds including penguins and peacocks, to robots with certain functionality disabled, to clowns and to mammals like cows. I had no idea my joke would attract such visceral attacks!

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Kind of an empty argument, Since the spiral sequence was eliminated for EVERYONE, But PCS have risen since then too,
And have you not seen male skaters smashing the former world records with one less footwork sequence ?
Yuna had high 8's when she got her WR, I assume had she skated great here she'd have gotten PCS closer to Kostner,
her 3z-3t would have been an advantage, But she usually gets a level 3 Layback, She'd probably have been right up there tight with the current top 2 somewhere (had she skated in the final 2 groups with them).

And i don't agree Asada's record is that safe, Sadly,
Would've been if she got a bit more for PCS like you could see she hoped for in the K&C :scowl:

Seriously your comparing the guys who land a quad, a 3A, and a 3-3 to what the ladies deliver in their SP's? Only a lady with a 3A would have broken Yuna's record and since Asada is the only one she predictably did though after a long time. To break Asada's record without a 3A would require a PCS average of at least 9.5 and TES over 40. I do hope the judges are not too crazy to give this scores to someone who has no 3A or a quad.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Seriously your comparing the guys who land a quad, a 3A, and a 3-3 to what the ladies deliver in their SP's? Only a lady with a 3A would have broken Yuna's record and since Asada is the only one she predictably did though after a long time. To break Asada's record without a 3A would require a PCS average of at least 9.5 and TES over 40. I do hope the judges are not too crazy to give this scores to someone who has no 3A or a quad.
Julia is eager to work for a quad. :popcorn:

usethis2

Medalist

I didn't know numbers mean that much. I thought the scores matter because people remember the numbers in relation to the performance. It's why Mao's score today is revered while Adelina's scores @Sochi are not.

You are seriously mistaken to think numbers alone are some stronghold. Ask Mao if she would rather take gold or rather keep her record scores for an unforeseeable duration of time.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I think she may, but Adelina has a higher chance
both of their toe jumps are higher than their first triple in combination

Adelina already have succesful 4-toe on practices. I wonder what is her ratio of success/fail attempts though.

BounceAround

On the Ice
You are seriously mistaken to think numbers alone are some stronghold. Ask Mao if she would rather take gold or rather keep her record scores for an unforeseeable duration of time.

I like to think that Mao is secretly some hipster. She reads forum posts and is just like, "So over all of this. Time to listen to Lana del Rey." :D (I'm just being cheeky. I doubt I'll ever be able to figure out what she thinks about this question.).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Adelina already have succesful 4-toe on practices. I wonder what is her ratio of success/fail attempts though.

No surprsie there but doing it in competition will be difficult as Miki Andos attempt
heck even most men don't have a reliable quad toe

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker

No, I'm not

I was comparing the guys today to the guys 4 years ago's required elements and scores
And the Ladies today to the Ladies of 4 years ago's required elements and scores

Must you be this difficult ?