Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikakiks

On the Ice
Well, I know where you are coming from. For me, Kanaeva still is the best overall rhythmic gymnast ever. Better than Kabaeva or all the previous gymnasts. Her body of work was tremendous and she is the only one to be a 2-time individual rhythmic gymnastics champ. But for me it depends what programs of Kanaeva's would you compare to Kudryavtseva's. I think her best performances are from the Beijing Olympics and no one has yet to reach that skill level and beauty. But I think her Beijing performances were better than the ones from London where she seemed to struggle a lot with the pressure of becoming a 2-time Olympic champion. However, she fully deserved to get that gold as well.

I love Kudryavtseva's ball routine-- in my opinion no one has ever been so skilled in that apparatus as she (even Kanaeva). The ball seems to float and the apparatus handling looks effortless. That being said she is very young -- only 16 and needs to become more mature in order to prove that she could once be as great as Kanaeva.

They are both exquisite. :love::love::love:

Again OOT, but wanted to share the love for RG with some fellow posters....

I may be old school....but no other gymnasts moved me as vitrichenko or bessonova...guess I am more of a deruigina lover... :love:

96skiluvr

On the Ice

I may be old school....but no other gymnasts moved me as vitrichenko or bessonova...guess I am more of a deruigina lover... :love:

I'm more a recent rhythmic gymnastics fan who only got into recently, but I really enjoy it. I don't yet understand much of how the scoring works, like how difficulty is assigned and calculated, but I think it's beautiful to watch. Also, an advantage to not knowing the ins and outs of the scoring allows to you just appreciate the beauty of it, without breaking down every routing in your head.
On an EXTREMELY shallow note, many of the Russian (and other Eastern European) gymnasts are fun to follow on Instagram, considering how gorgeous so many of them are - again, a very shallow note; I'm not sky_fly20, who believes that only gorgeous athletes should be allowed to compete

DianaSelene

Medalist

I do not know much about Vitrichenko-- I did not watch rhythmic gymnastics in the 90s-- but I saw quite a bit of Bessonova and absolutely loved her. She was such a powerful yet elegant gymnast and she was very heartbroken to be bronze medalist in 2008 when she was hoping for silver or gold. However, after Bessonova Ukrainian gymnastics became a state of stagnation. I liked Maksymenko who recently retired after last year's world championship in Kiev and I greatly dislike Rizatdinova's performances. I feel as if the Deriuginas school was great and a lot of the current Russian coaches used to be gymnasts taught by the Deriugina. However, times have changed and it seems like what happened to Deriugina is similar to Linichuk -- they both produced really great athletes about twenty/thirty years ago but could not adjust to today's standards.

The Deriuginas were always the ones who brought class and beauty into rhythmic gymnastics but the leadership shifted in the 2000s when Irina Viner in Russia brought up Kabaeva and Kanaeva as well as more minor gymnasts like Kondakova, Dmitrieva, Kapranova.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
DianaSelene;929203 The Deriuginas were always the ones who brought class and beauty into rhythmic gymnastics but the leadership shifted in the 2000s when Irina Viner in Russia brought up Kabaeva and Kanaeva as well as more minor gymnasts like Kondakova said:
Hmm, I know Dmitrieva didn't win in London (not that anyone could have beaten Kanaeva if she was even remotely clean), but I wouldn't call the Olympic silver medalist and multi-World/European champion a minor gymnast :)

DianaSelene

Medalist
Hmm, I know Dmitrieva didn't win in London (not that anyone could have beaten Kanaeva if she was even remotely clean), but I wouldn't call the Olympic silver medalist and multi-World/European champion a minor gymnast :)

...Relatively minor... Not as famous in rhythmic gymnastics as Kanaeva... Well you get it. Although any "minor" Russian gymnast is usually more successful than non-Russian ones. :biggrin:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Ignore her. :popcorn:

Yes. It makes good points every once in a while, but it gets less interesting the more it speaks. Sort of like the zany conspiracy theorist who spouts off incoherently in public and stages one-person protests at his/her local city hall, while receiving telepathic messages from another galaxy through the tin foil hat.

Alba

Record Breaker
Sort of like the zany conspiracy theorist who spouts off incoherently in public and stages one-person protests at his/her local city hall, while receiving telepathic messages from another galaxy through the tin foil hat.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Yes. They are both entitled to 2 assignments based on this year's placement at worlds with their previous partners.

So they qualify under the 'split-partners' rule?

But I guess they lose their seeded status.

tulosai

Record Breaker
So they qualify under the 'split-partners' rule?

But I guess they lose their seeded status.

Yes to both. Of course, for them to qualify, the fed has to officially approve a partnership for both of them by I believe May 31.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I kind of love her.

Now I sometimes get to communicate with very wealthy people and I see they really don't get it how can you live when you don't have enough money. I never felt as if things were missing in my life. I loved skating, dancing, ballet classes, spending time with Igor and Marina. Can it be compared to the possibility to buy some stupid clothes?

ETA oh wow, if what she says is true it is all just as slimy as it sounded...

EI: Guess deep down I was hoping against all hope it wasn't true. And then that article showed in the internet. The night before the short dance.
I called our coach Morozov immediately and told him I didn't want to skate. Then I called the federation. In the end they convinced me the article was not true, and was perhaps written in order to influence our skating and I must skate...

Throughout our career I never blamed Nikita on anything, but it was just one case where he was to blame for the failure at that championship. I still can't understand his reasons.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think they did lie to her, they want her to compete at worlds and not to make any mistake, funny enough it's Nikita who made the mistakes that cost them gold. :unsure:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
based from the interview, we can at least confirm Ilinykh is lazy and has work ethic issues ?
EV: You were not motivated by a possible win?
EI: After 2 Olympic medals? Not at all.

also confirms how many sought out Nikita as the male attraction every female ice dancer in Russia wanted to skate with
so maybe Elena is the weaker skater after all

hanca

Record Breaker
based from the interview, we can at least confirm Ilinykh is lazy and has work ethic issues ?

also confirms how many sought out Nikita as the male attraction every female ice dancer in Russia wanted to skate with
so maybe Elena is the weaker skater after all

Elena is not the only skater who after getting Olympic medal would prefer to sit out the worlds. In fact, because she got two medals, she may have felt that she has done enough this season. Does it mean that she is lazy and has work ethic issues? Not at all. IT means that she may have been very, very emotionally and physically tired.

Saying that Elena is the weaker skater will not magically make it true. We saw the skating at worlds...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Elena is not the only skater who after getting Olympic medal would prefer to sit out the worlds. In fact, because she got two medals, she may have felt that she has done enough this season. Does it mean that she is lazy and has work ethic issues? Not at all. IT means that she may have been very, very emotionally and physically tired.

Saying that Elena is the weaker skater will not magically make it true. We saw the skating at worlds...

based on her interview, Elena said Nikita stood out and every female skater wanted to skate with him
I cant blame her, Nikita is gorgeous and very attractive man can't say about her current partner

Status
Not open for further replies.