Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

elif

Medalist
Nobody will ask how long they skate together, judges and Russian Federation will look at their programs, nobody will forgive them easy programs (like I&K did). But they have nothing to loose. And Ruslan and Victoria were fully capable of close holds, difficult steps and dance moves and they were great in it. Lena and Nikita have great skating skills and maybe a wish and motivation to show who is better. With good training process both couples are capable to show good quality of programs and dances even first year. Victoria will learn Nikita and Ruslan will learn Lena how to skate in close holds and make difficult transitions. Lena will learn Ruslan how to spin better and make better twizzles, Victoria will learn Nikita better twizzles. Overall all skaters can improve and the result can be surprisingly good.

Remember Domnina & Shabalin, their first season together - they already had great synchro, they were fully a couple on 100% - and they won all juniors competitions Junior World Champs included, they qualified for European and World Champs and they skated very well there.

Kustarova tends to overdo this difficult steps and holds little bit. If she do that again and choice dramatic music again, they are going to look slow and old. I know you like Bobrova/Soloviev at 2012 and 2014 but those programs didn't got them anywhere. Just like difficult holds/steps/moves didn't give world title to Weaver/Poje. I'm happy Kustarova is getting help from another choreographer. We know Zoueva and Sphillband use some jumps,hops or lifts to give skaters speed and breathing moments. Kustarova should do that too.

bramweld

Record Breaker
What she is saying? From google translate, she sounds like skyfly:laugh: She said something with Victoria and her blue eyes but I'm not sure :laugh:

She doesn't really say much, other than they are well matched, beautiful couple capable of great speed. They work very hard and dream of becoming Olympic champions. Of course she has enjoyed working with them, they seem to be a traditional Russian couple, both have long legs and working knees. However to develop a style all their own this will take time. Hope I didn't miss anything.

pamela

Rinkside
Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?

Im pretty sure this goes on their fan fest thread

sisinka

Final Flight
Kustarova tends to overdo this difficult steps and holds little bit. If she do that again and choice dramatic music again, they are going to look slow and old. I know you like Bobrova/Soloviev at 2012 and 2014 but those programs didn't got them anywhere. Just like difficult holds/steps/moves didn't give world title to Weaver/Poje. I'm happy Kustarova is getting help from another choreographer. We know Zoueva and Sphillband use some jumps,hops or lifts to give skaters speed and breathing moments. Kustarova should do that too.

Yes, Kustarova always had a very difficult and demanding choreography, sometimes even overdo…so only technically best couples could skate it.
With Bobrova & Soloviev programs – 2014 was done by Zhulin, 2012 – I was not a fan of those programs because the music was not fully interpreted for whole season. I liked B&S‘s performances at 2012 World Champs despite Katya’s fall – because this was the only competition where kids interpretation started to match music on good level…but of course Katya’s posture, costumes etc. I liked Sailors program, Chess program. Last FD was great. And I think that Birds were great idea, but music‘s change finally played against kids and the program never went into full potencial of what it had to be plus it was sooo difficult technically into so fast music.

Weaver & Poje‘s FD was quite difficult this season, their SD was rather simply….as to most simple programs this season – it was for C&L and I&K, other top couples had difficult choreography for their programs. But this is judges‘ fault – simple programs should be punished in Transitions and Choreography, and it also effects Skating Skills when a couple does almost nothing in between the elements part – but judges completely forgets about it.

I think that Kustarova is great choreographer who needs to make her ideas more simple sometimes. But she is very capable of different music choices. Bobrova & Soloviev’s programs since 2006/07 were different each year and she matched with variety in music very well. As I know she also choreographed 2012/13 for S&Z - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AigrPOJ3ZzM , which was so fresh and funny and far to B&S’s programs.

But choreography for I&Z will be made by somebody else as we know. And it is nothing new. Victoria and Ruslan had different choreographers, not only Kustarova – Phantom of the Opera was done by Tatiana Druchinina, last two free dances were choreographed by Ilia Averbukh. So I guess that it may be Averbukh who will make a new choreo for Lena & Ruslan. And as I remember Averbukh was great in Flamenco program in 2001/02 season.

As to jumps and hops – I am 100% against it and I will never change it – this is not connected with skating skills or ice dance anyway. I would give jump and hops limit for each program and it would be pretty low number of allowed jumps and hops. If you are not strong enought to gain speed with proper work of edges and great knee work, then you have no change to become a great ice dancers. With jumps and hops – it forgives poorer technicians their poorer technique and allows them to take higher places then they deserve in reality.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I will say that the Kustarova girls' posture has improved. Yanovskaya and Sinitsina were a mess until this year but are a little more upright now.

As for the article, Marina says they look like they have been skating together for a long time. I think we'll soon hear that Marina will be their coach and they will get the funding for it.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I will say that the Kustarova girls' posture has improved. Yanovskaya and Sinitsina were a mess until this year but are a little more upright now.

As for the article, Marina says they look like they have been skating together for a long time. I think we'll soon hear that Marina will be their coach and they will get the funding for it.

Good. It is time for this kerfuffle to be over!! Go Izzie!! I mean I/Z :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Sometimes as it relates to posture there is only so much coaches can do. But good to see that Kustarova's girls are getting better.

elif

Medalist
As to jumps and hops – I am 100% against it and I will never change it – this is not connected with skating skills or ice dance anyway. I would give jump and hops limit for each program and it would be pretty low number of allowed jumps and hops. If you are not strong enought to gain speed with proper work of edges and great knee work, then you have no change to become a great ice dancers. With jumps and hops – it forgives poorer technicians their poorer technique and allows them to take higher places then they deserve in reality.

I know they can get speed with edges and knee action but its not going to hurt them If they get more speed with hops and jumps.:agree:

By the way I didn't see any mention to extra features for steps in new ice dance rules. I find this interesting. Last year 2 extra features were allowed and almost all team were doing dance jumps and toe steps. This year I didn't see any mention at all. I'm still waiting for official ISU Additional Q&As but If they are not allowing them, its going to be a bloodbath for ice dancers.:eek:

She told that Victoria's eyes are like two lakes. :)

Another thing for skyfly to write every post. :laugh:Blonde and blue eyes like lakes:laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that put a nail in teh coffin for I/Z, no way now they can compete with S/Z
they won in the looks now seems Marina approves and they are doing good technically

a well matched pair indeed :)
I dont think we have seen 2 beautiful well matched couple in Ice Dance in beauty alone for a long time now

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
from Zueva's words, this confirms Victoria Sinitsina is now the prettiest Ice Dancer in Russia
Elena Ilinykh will probably be intimidated once they face off in the ice, we shall see next season hopefully both teams face off

for now S/K won

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
from Zueva's words, this confirms Victoria Sinitsina is now the prettiest Ice Dancer in Russia
Elena Ilinykh will probably be intimidated once they face off in the ice, we shall see next season hopefully both teams face off

for now S/K won

Umm when did FS turned into 'how pretty a person is' rather than the actual skating skills?!
We will see two new great couples but you can not say S/K won. Time will tell what they can do.
For now I/Z all the way!!! :thumbsup:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist

for now S/K won

Marina has said Meryl's appeal is that she looks like 'a storybook princess.' I'd take princess over having lake-eyes any day ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Marina has said Meryl's appeal is that she looks like 'a storybook princess.' I'd take princess over having lake-eyes any day ;)

Meryl Davis is pretty too, she is a Disney type princes
Elena and Victoria are bombshell beauties but between the two, Sinitina is prettier than Ilinykh

Meoima

Match Penalty
Meryl Davis is pretty too, she is a Disney type princes
Elena and Victoria are bombshell beauties but between the two, Sinitina is prettier than Ilinykh
:laugh: sorry if it sounds insult, Vic is pretty but not memorable to me. I mean when I look at someone like Vic, I feel like: "Ok, pretty girl, but why do I feel like I have seen tons of faces like this before? Huh?"

I have already forgot her face. She doesn't have the aura that make people want to remember. Call that the diva aura or the attitude I don't know, but apparently I never care about ice dance before. After Sochi the only faces of ice dancers that are memorable to me are: Tessa, Meryl and Lena. All of them have dark hair. :rolleye:

Yes I know this sounds not right, but it's the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I see Vic picture: Just a pretty blondie but not special enough for me to remember. :laugh:

And frankly, if you show me a dozen of pictures of blondie models and Vic's pictures is in it, I would find it extremely difficult to remember who is who. They all look the same, this might sound uncomfortable to some people here. But it's true that, to me, lots of blondie look the same.:p

And science has stated that, most men are more attracted to brunette women than blondie. ;)

Just my 2 cents. Not that I don't like blondie girl. Gracie and Yulia are very memorable to me. And Wagner, who also happens to be blond.

Status
Not open for further replies.