Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilmiom

Rinkside
Just read on sports.ru that WC2014 is going to be the last competition for Elena and Nikita as a team. The article also claims that he will pair up with Victoria Sinitsina. Could this be true? I really don't know what to think...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Just read on sports.ru that WC2014 is going to be the last competition for Elena and Nikita as a team. The article also claims that he will pair up with Victoria Sinitsina. Could this be true? I really don't know what to think...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would they do it WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

It's not even that I am a huge fan of them (though I am a fan) but it just makes no SENSE. They are just now starting to be SUCCESSFUL, that is not the time to break up.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Wow, that is a bombshell. The other teams around the world will be jumping up and down with joy is that is true.

ilmiom

Rinkside
This news has already leaked to a couple of major Russian sports sites :( And to be honest it doesn't seem like a rumour

Npmonice

Rinkside
I didn't see that coming. I am shocked, as someone already posted they have just started being successfull. I thought they would be the ones to watch for the next quad! :eek:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I wonder whose choice it was. If it was Nikita's then he is crazy. Does he actually believe he will do better with Victoria S. than with Elena. Maybe he just cant stand putting up with Elena and Morozov anymore though. That is a tough combination of people to deal with 24/7.

ilmiom

Rinkside
According to the article, an unknown source claims that "WC will be I/K's last competition together. After the championships Nikita will pair up with Victoria Sinitsina. They will train under Nikolai Morozov. The Russian Figure Skating Federation is going to confirm it after the WC". That's pretty much all it says :(
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/158954652.html

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Very sad to see this partnership end. Didn't they split up once before and then get back together again? I'm glad they at least got on the podium in Sochi.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder whose choice it was. If it was Nikita's then he is crazy. Does he actually believe he will do better with Victoria S. than with Elena. Maybe he just cant stand putting up with Elena and Morozov anymore though. That is a tough combination of people to deal with 24/7.

That doesn't make sense. If Elena is in relationship with Morozov and Nikita decided to end the partnership, wouldn't Morozov want to coach Elena with her new partner, rather than Nikita? I can see only two explanations - either Elena dumped Morozov and as a result he refused to coach her and persuaded Nikita to skate with someone else, or Elena is pregnant (or has any other reason for not wanting to continue with skating) and therefore Morozov is ok with coaching Nikita with his new partner.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
Maybe it's just gossips, but i heard that Elena is planning to get married. So, maybe that's why she wants to quit skating. Actually i can understand her. Team OGM and Olympic bronze is a great achivement. She sacrificed a lot for it, perhaps she just want to have a normal life now. And If Nikita wants to continue, so why not to try with the other partner? And if he wants to stay with Morozov, it means Nikita consider him as a good coach. The question is what will be with Ruslan?

And it's not clever to spread this news before Worlds.I don't think the judges will give gold and make a new leaders a pair who is going to split. They should have waited till the end of Worlds.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My verdict if Elena and Nikita are splitting:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

My verdict if Victoria and Ruslan are splitting:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang:

I know people have been saying for a long time that something needs to change for Elena and Nikita, and I tend to agree. But I would rather they tried a different coach than different partners.

OK, so I admit that don't like Morozov as a person. So, I am probably biased against him. But, I will try to look at this from a neutral standpoint.

As I have said before when this discussion has cropped up, it is much easier to adjust to a new coach than it is to adjust to a new partner. With a new coach, it would probably take a couple of weeks to get used to them. But with a new partner, it could take months or years to get comfortable.

If you try a different coach and it doesn't work out, you can always put your tail between your legs and go back to your old coach. Or keep trying different coaches until you find one that is right.

But, if you change partner and it doesn't work out, it is much harder to go back, as your old partner will have found somebody else as well.

But splitting up Victoria and Ruslan as well. This is what is REALLY angering me. They are one of the most talented, promising young partnerships out there at the moment. And on top of that, they actually look good together. This partnership has everything we want in a Dance couple. How often does that happen?!

And, if this is true, who is Ruslan going to dance with?! His sister?! (Sorry, I jest)

Is it going to be a direct swap, with Ruslan teaming up with Elena? Or are we going to see a domino effect across the Ice Dance circuit?

Personally, I don't fancy either prospect.

PLEASE KEEP THESE 2 PARTNERSHIPS TOGETHER!!!

CaroLiza_fan

hanca

Record Breaker
My guess would be that she dumped Morozov, he decided not to coach her any more, so Nikita will skate with with Sinitsina and coached by Morozov and Elena will skate with Zhigasnin and coached by whoever else. Let's the fight begin! (It would be nice if Elena and her new partner were coached by Igor).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That doesn't make sense. If Elena is in relationship with Morozov and Nikita decided to end the partnership, wouldn't Morozov want to coach Elena with her new partner, rather than Nikita? I can see only two explanations - either Elena dumped Morozov and as a result he refused to coach her and persuaded Nikita to skate with someone else, or Elena is pregnant (or has any other reason for not wanting to continue with skating) and therefore Morozov is ok with coaching Nikita with his new partner.

Scenario 1 - PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!! Elena deserves a lot better than that... [insert own insult]! ;) :biggrin:

Scenario 2 - PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have to say I couldn't understand Elena's choice. Morozombie over Nikita? Seriously I hope it weren't true.:bang:

whatif

Medalist
This was long coming.

I wonder how this is going to affect their placement at this Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.