Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhh

Medalist
Adelina Sotnikova confirmed this account like the real Nikita's account:
http://ask.fm/adelyasotnikova/answer/109605540019

Here Adelina wishes the best at Worlds and once again she posts this Nikita's account:
http://ask.fm/adelyasotnikova/answer/110897533107

She links to two different accounts? :confused:

Is May 31st the deadline for Russian pairs, or for the entire ISU?

Just for Russia. I'm not sure when the deadline for submitting skaters for grand prix events is though. If it's before May 31st they'd have to be settled before then if they want the spots they are entitled to as returning split couples.

noidont

Final Flight
Of course S/K is going to work out. I can picture them being a V/M clone already (if they can fix Viktoria's various problems). Why isn't the Fed more worried about I/Z working out? Who in Kustarova's group ever really worked out? Why don't the Fed send them to an impartial party to test out their compatibility? Doesn't seem all that fair or smart.

After I stopped blaming Nikita, I'm starting to really worry about Lena being fizzled out like a Samuelson or a Murkhotova. If Marina gets S/K to success rather quickly, no one is gonna be talking about Diva Ilinykh in a year's time, and I so can not have that.

sisinka

Medalist
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/703150
Gorshkov says that a split and a changement‘s topic needs a delicacy and patience mainly from the media. He says that media wants to know everything and that he would like them to be more delicacy and patient. And a very interesting sentence about coach who is working with Viki and Nikita: “The will try with one coach, then, maybe with another coach.“

Well, the President of Russian Federation, Olympic Champion in Ice Dance…and he thinks that it all needs a patience…while all other teams are already preparing for next season… and he is asking patience to waste time to prepare new teams properly, perfect. I expected that a head of Russian Federation will support Russian skaters, not help American and Canadian and other European skaters to get more time to prepare better…well, I was wrong.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I expected that a head of Russian Federation will support Russian skaters, not help American and Canadian and other European skaters to get more time to prepare better…well, I was wrong.

Yes, things are changing in Ice Dance, and Russia and Europe don't dominate as much as they used to because there are more American and Canadian teams who are competitive now.

Some people in North America were worried before last month's Worlds that with Virtue & Moir and Davis & White absent, it might mean the end of North American strength in Ice Dance. There was a concern that W&P wouldn't ever get on the podium, and that Canada and the U.S. might lose their 3 dance spots. As it turned out, W&P replaced V&M on the podium, and both Canada and America retained 3 spots.

So you are right that Russia cannot take anything for granted. W&P are now on the podium, and C&B, The Shibutanis, G&P and P&I are all in the Top 10 and are becoming more competitive.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The climate in Russian ice dance for me is just primitive with too much unhealthy rivalries between schools. This just leads to infighting and myopic thinking on the part of their skaters. In other skaters I think it may have contributed to unhealthy or desperate choices; case in point Ilinykh with Morozov. The Americans and Canadians and others are just laughing there way unto the podium. I wonder if things would have been even more testy if Katsalapov did indeed make his twizzles and I/K had won WC.

Matt K

On the Ice
What new coach for I/Z? The article said it was S/K maybe moving on to another coach after Zoueva's tryout. Not I/Z.

I/Z said they are working with Kustarova.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I/Z are not waiting on S/K they are moving full speed ahead. Good for them, now I don't feel so worried. Let's face it you have four talented people here. They can't go too wrong. Katsalapov's greatest love right now is Scott Moir, I mean his skating. He has jumped at the chance to be coached by Scott's mentor with a girl he probably has a friendly relationship off ice. AFAIK, Elena completely ignored him off ice for reasons only they know. He is good friends with Max and Tanya, so maybe he wanted that sort of partnership for himself. He was not going to have that with Lena, so game over. I can sort of begin to understand his actions as a somewhat naive 22 year old. It will work to their advantage I believe if I/Z also do very well as the fed will be willing to trust that at least one pair will provide great returns on their investment. But enough of getting all emotional now, it's time to just get on with it. So glad to hear that I/Z are not letting this get them down. I hope they get some good help from their own experts.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16830.html

Meoima

Match Penalty
The climate in Russian ice dance for me is just primitive with too much unhealthy rivalries between schools. This just leads to infighting and myopic thinking on the part of their skaters. In other skaters I think it may have contributed to unhealthy or desperate choices; case in point Ilinykh with Morozov. The Americans and Canadians and others are just laughing there way unto the podium. I wonder if things would have been even more testy if Katsalapov did indeed make his twizzles and I/K had won WC.
I guess Lena had known about the split before WC?

Alba

Record Breaker
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin needs a Shipilband like coach to help Ruslan with lifts and overall technique for the two

Yeah, because Nikita and Victoria are masters in technique. Please, give me a break with your bias for the blonde girl.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah, because Nikita and Victoria are masters in technique. Please, give me a break with your bias for the blonde girl.

excuse me ? :unsure:

Ruslan is build like a school boy skating with an older attractive girl who will overshadow him in the background
at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership still waiting for Ivan Bukin to announce his split with Stepanova because she has continuously been growing since last fall as their coaches have mentioned, there is still a few more months left before the season start, so a split can still happen, this will be very beneficial for Bukin-Ilinykh partnership

Ivan Bukin is the only skater good enough for Elena, no other Russian male skater is at her level, aura and power on the ice
he can do fast twzzles like Elena too unlike Ruslan !

gmyers

Record Breaker

What is this comment about ilynikh and morozov being desperate and unhealthy? What's this about? How are you judging that?

What are the facts? I/k were great in potential but horrible most of the time in execution. That's a fact! 16th in Tes in 2013 worlds. 16th. Not medaling at NHK. I/k were a joke most of the time.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think it was a decision taken without any input or discussion with her. She may not even have learnt it directly from either Nikita or Morozov. She was waiting on them to man up and say something to her directly but it never happened. So either she was hoping to call their bluff or they would speak to her directly before going to worlds. It would appear that neither gentleman did this. So as any determined woman would have done she said well you can just......and kept on walking

bramweld

Record Breaker
excuse me ? :unsure:

Ruslan is build like a school boy skating with an older attractive girl who will overshadow him in the background
at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership still waiting for Ivan Bukin to announce his split with Stepanova because she has continuously been growing since last fall as their coaches have mentioned, there is still a few more months left before the season start, so a split can still happen, this will be very beneficial for Bukin-Ilinykh partnership

Ivan Bukin is the only skater good enough for Elena, no other Russian male skater is at her level, aura and power on the ice
he can do fast twzzles like Elena too unlike Ruslan !

Oh please go look back at all their routines, Ruslan can hold his own, just give him time. How quickly we forget what a complete mess Katsalapov used to be as well....By the way of all four of them, I think Lena can do twizzles in her sleep..

Alba

Record Breaker
at the least with technique they can hide that a bit, Ruslan is a mismatched anyways for Ilinykh so its not a long term partnership

His look has nothing to do with the lack of technique you were implying, for both of Elena and Ruslan, in your comment. So leave the look out of it.
According to you they need Shpilband "to help Ruslan with lifts and overall technique for the two"
Do you really think that S&K are so good with the overall technique?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Oh please go look back at all their routines, Ruslan can hold his own, just give him time. How quickly we forget what a complete mess Katsalapov used to be as well....By the way of all four of them, I think Lena can do twizzles in her sleep..

Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening, Bukin already has on ice aura as Elena, has power and they have skated before together as juniors for a brief period

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
His look has nothing to do with the lack of technique you were implying, for both of Elena and Ruslan, in your comment. So leave the look out of it.
According to you they need Shpilband "to help Ruslan with lifts and overall technique for the two"
Do you really think that S&K are so good with the overall technique?

looking at the new potential partnership to form
I//Z are of more disadvantage and need to fill in more of the gap than S/K
I/Z will be skating together because their previous partners left them, not necessarily their own choices

Alba

Record Breaker
Ruslan's look is too much like a high schooler too, high school musical cutie but not Elena's sensual beauty type, Ruslan may need to grow some beard but can't see that happening, Bukin already has on ice aura as Elena, has power and they have skated before together as juniors for a brief period

OMG! We get it, you don't like his look, me neither. Can we move on now and talk about the ability to dance because that's what gives you gold medals? If it were for the looks, Nikita and Elena would've dominated the last four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.