Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhh

Medalist
However, I strongly believe Nikita has some strong backing in the FED to make something like this happen, three weeks? Absolute nonsense!!

No, the Federation was doing everything behind the scenes to stop this switch, but they couldn't get through to him because he never explained his motivation. There are people in the organisation still hoping he will see in these 3 weeks how much they have to do as a new team and will reconsider, and Elena has some hope that he will too. Morozov is completely out of the picture because he set the switch in motion & the Fed think he has influenced Nikita too much, and there aren't really any other senior Russian coaches who would take the new team on, everyone in Russia already has 1 or 2 teams, Shpilband has C/L and C/B, Marina is the only one with a vacancy. And this set up works for her - if it doesn't look like S/K will click quickly, she can just say the trial fails, get rid of them, and not have to deal with a new team struggling at first.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Did it ever occur to anyone else that the three weeks is probably more a test to see if a coaching situation with Zoueva would work out rather than a S/K switch, which pretty much sounds like a done deal at this point...

That is also an option, but the honeymoon stage is hardly the most objective time to assess a coach is it? S/K are set. Sign the papers and get on with it. Katsalapov's bold move plus the leak to the press during worlds has sealed his fate no matter what they look like. It's time to focus on Rus and Len :)

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
http://ask.fm/Nikita_Chempion
This page was confirmed to be real Nikita’s page by Adelina Sotnikova.
He was asked why he skates with Lena if he doesn’t love her and he answered that he and Lena suit very well to each other, that they take skating seriously and that looking at fact what fan writes about – if skaters don’t love each other it would mean that they have to split? – he looks to take this fan’s question like a bad joke. He looks to be sceptic to idea that love and ice relationship must go hand in hand.
…this question was answered 9 days ago. (When he already knew that he would left Lena for sure.)

His behavior is very strange, since he has Elena in his background picture and it looks like he changed it in the last month as 26 days ago he posted a screenshot with another Elena picture. Also he is posting old pictures with him kissing Lena. He doesn't seem to have hard feelings for her at all.

uhh

Medalist
His behavior is very strange, since he has Elena in his background picture and it looks like he changed it in the last month as 26 days ago he posted a screenshot with another Elena picture. Also he is posting old pictures with him kissing Lena. He doesn't seem to have hard feelings for her at all.

That's a fake account. It has questions from his old formspring from years ago, the "Elena" accounts he linked to are all fake, she's never had an ask account. Where did Adelina supposedly confirm this is real?

pamela

Rinkside

Or he is trying to clean his image because he clearly looks like the bad guy in front of the majority of his fans.

EDIT: nevermind because its fake oops

No, the Federation was doing everything behind the scenes to stop this switch, but they couldn't get through to him because he never explained his motivation. There are people in the organisation still hoping he will see in these 3 weeks how much they have to do as a new team and will reconsider, and Elena has some hope that he will too. Morozov is completely out of the picture because he set the switch in motion & the Fed think he has influenced Nikita too much, and there aren't really any other senior Russian coaches who would take the new team on, everyone in Russia already has 1 or 2 teams, Shpilband has C/L and C/B, Marina is the only one with a vacancy. And this set up works for her - if it doesn't look like S/K will click quickly, she can just say the trial fails, get rid of them, and not have to deal with a new team struggling at first.

Somehow Marina always ends up with pretty ideal situations. Tbh, she really couldn't get any luckier than she is with this "trial." If they don't click, then no time lost or harm done for her...she can even blame it on the newly formed couple instead of her coaching abilities, lol

I have to be honest, I'm impressed by Marina and her ways, lol - She's something else.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Somehow Marina always ends up with pretty ideal situations. Tbh, she really couldn't get any luckier than she is with this "trial." If they don't click, then no time lost or harm done for her...she can even blame it on the newly formed couple instead of her coaching abilities, lol

I have to be honest, I'm impressed by Marina and her ways, lol - She's something else.

Marina Zoueva, Star Coach: http://ohyeahvirtuemoirgifs.tumblr.com/post/43319418217/marina-zoueva-star-coach-x

:biggrin:

OMG - :rofl: - That is absolutely hilarious!!! I sooooo wish that I could watch episodes of "Tessa and Scott." I hear that Marina was stellar, hahaha
I feel like even if she is slightly shady (which I am not saying I think she is), she has some impressive ways. Have to admire her fire/gumption, lol. I feel like she deserves a discussion all to herself - because everything I know about her intrigues me; and I'm sure there are things I've missed, LOL

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
OMG - :rofl: - That is absolutely hilarious!!! I sooooo wish that I could watch episodes of "Tessa and Scott." I hear that Marina was stellar, hahaha
I feel like even if she is slightly shady (which I am not saying I think she is), she has some impressive ways. Have to admire her fire/gumption, lol. I feel like she deserves a discussion all to herself - because everything I know about her intrigues me; and I'm sure there are things I've missed, LOL

That isn't from Tessa and Scott, I think it's from a series of interviews leading up to Vancouver.
But here's a masterpost I used to watch Tessa and Scott - the links all worked pretty well. The show... Questionable.
http://nathaliepechalats.tumblr.com...-you-send-another-link-to-another-tessa-scott

That isn't from Tessa and Scott, I think it's from a series of interviews leading up to Vancouver.
But here's a masterpost I used to watch Tessa and Scott - the links all worked pretty well. The show... Questionable.
http://nathaliepechalats.tumblr.com...-you-send-another-link-to-another-tessa-scott

Thank you Fleeting!!!! :) Gahh, I have a test tomorrow :( but can't wait to see if they work tomorrow post-test!!! I've heard it has it's bits that are probably true, but that it also probably has its fair share of erm "embellishments" shall we say? Anyways, I'm super excited!

And I didn't realize those were from an interview! I'll have to search for it, haha. But either way, I heard she was a gem on V/M's show, lol.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Thank you Fleeting!!!! :) Gahh, I have a test tomorrow :( but can't wait to see if they work tomorrow post-test!!! I've heard it has it's bits that are probably true, but that it also probably has its fair share of erm "embellishments" shall we say? Anyways, I'm super excited!

And I didn't realize those were from an interview! I'll have to search for it, haha. But either way, I heard she was a gem on V/M's show, lol.

No problem!! There's definitely a lot of... Unfortunate editing for D/W, I've gotta say. It makes them look cold and maybe a little bit rude. But it was nice to see P/B and W/P in a couple of the episodes.

I stayed up watching Worlds until 5am this year on eve of a huge English test... Sacrifices had to be made to watch P/B's final free dance and exhibition too. ;)

No problem!! There's definitely a lot of... Unfortunate editing for D/W, I've gotta say. It makes them look cold and maybe a little bit rude. But it was nice to see P/B and W/P in a couple of the episodes.

I stayed up watching Worlds until 5am this year on eve of a huge English test... Sacrifices had to be made to watch P/B's final free dance and exhibition too. ;)

...I figured there would be a lot of unfortunate editing of D/W... I just wonder what happened btwn D/W and V/M because there are pics of them floating around where they clearly were on good/friendly terms at one point....I guess maybe D/W started winning? Oh well....it is what it is; and I wouldn't expect anything more or less from a reality tv show, haha
Ohhh! I didn't know P/B were in it!! That's exciting!!! :D - And yes...I always chose procrastinating over studying....but I figure failing isn't exactly an option for me tomorrow soooooo.... lol

Anyways, I'll be excited to hear about how S/K do with Marina! :)

aftertherain

Record Breaker

LOL. Some people actually took those scenes as a sign that Meryl is superhuman and she will eat Charlie if he even steps a toe out of line.

So, positive spin on a negative light? :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wonder whether Zoueva gave some reasonable prices for ice.

After all, right now D&W, V&M, and the Shibs are all busy with shows for the next several weeks... rink.must be relatively empty.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
When you are skating with a couple in public you are trying to present an image. So just because he's nice to her in front of cameras doesn't mean there are no issues.

This is absolutely true. It's not only true for skating partnerships, but for any relationship in life. You never know what the real situation is between two people, even if you know them personally. And it's even more impossible to tell if you are just a stranger or a member of the public that has no connection with the people in question.

It's like that in real life every day with people we all know. There are marriages, friendships, sibling relationships, business partnerships, etc. that you think are going well, and then all of a sudden you get a shock and find out they are not. The people you think will stay together don't, and the people you think will fail end up sticking it out.

Look at how surprised the American political analysts were a few years ago when Al Gore & Tipper got divorced. They supposedly adored each other. Meanwhile, Bill Clinton & Hillary, despite all their problems and scandals, are still together!

And you are also right that skaters are not just athletes - they are also mini-politicians and people who know the importance of PR. You aren't going to build a fanbase or impress the judges if you look like you hate each other and want to take each other apart. So for career reasons and for the sake of earning $$, they have to learn how to put on a positive front even if things are pretty bad behind the scenes.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The slant you're getting from reports is that this move is personal. Nikita was obviously hurt by Lena's life choices and chose to soothe himself with this deliberate act. It gave him the much needed impetus to probably put on a good act maybe both in private and public. Every couple has rough patches, but looking at the sheer glee Lena displayed towards Nik at the OG gala, you can tell she did not sense that this was coming. I don't think she was foolish enough to believe that there weren't problems, but I think she believed they would stick it out for the team. I sense now that rumors about them splitting were more than likely fueled by his actions away from her. However seeing that he didn't officially act on them in the past she soldiered on. Maybe she thought she even deserved these unsportsmanlike actions because of her relationship with Morozov. It could be for her that this is a vulnerability/need of hers that she found difficult to overlook, for reasons you and I could never explain. That is a private matter.

So really and truly she should be glad to be away from the tension of that environment. She needs to start over afresh with a new attitude and mindset. I hope she and Ruslan achieve great things. IMHO, if Nikita felt humiliated by Lena's actions he should have been man enough to express it and voice his intentions earlier thereby giving everyone a chance to land on their feet. Because it looks like he defrauded her into believing all was okay in order to get the OBM. The more I think about it, its the more that I realize how callous these actions are. I am floored really by it. For me really the shock of it all is just settling in. Surely the fed does not believe that they could ever be reunited? So they may as well give both teams the go ahead so they can get on with their lives. There is no turning back now.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
A lot of people seem very upset with Nikita, and some of those reactions may be justified. But as someone said above, we have to remember that there's more than one side to this story. If the rumors are true that there was some sort of relationship between Elena and Morozov, I can understand how Nikita would be uncomfortable or upset about that. I would be too if I were in that situation. Skating partnerships are challenging enough without creating a personal drama between a coach and one of the partners.

Even if the two skaters have never been romantically involved, it can still be uncomfortable for the other partner. Although Victor Kraatz & Shae-Lynn Bourne apparently never became a real-life couple, it was commented on by some people that Kraatz seemed a bit uncomfortable when she and Morozov were involved. It's a weird dynamic to have going on.

So if one skater decides to become involved with a coach, that skater is taking their chances that it may blow up down the road.

A lot of people seem very upset with Nikita, and some of those reactions may be justified. But as someone said above, we have to remember that there's more than one side to this story. If the rumors are true that there was some sort of relationship between Elena and Morozov, I can understand how Nikita would be uncomfortable or upset about that. I would be too if I were in that situation. Skating partnerships are challenging enough without creating a personal drama between a coach and one of the partners.

Even if the two skaters have never been romantically involved, it can still be uncomfortable for the other partner. Although Victor Kraatz & Shae-Lynn Bourne apparently never became a real-life couple, it was commented on by some people that Kraatz seemed a bit uncomfortable when she and Morozov were involved. It's a weird dynamic to have going on.

So if one skater decides to become involved with a coach, that skater is taking their chances that it may blow up down the road.

I agree with what you're saying. I feel like the three of them had to have had their fair share of awkwardness, all things considered.

I have a question though - Who is Morozov going to coach in the U.S.A. since I/K have now hit splitsville with one another and him...?

bramweld

Record Breaker
A lot of people seem very upset with Nikita, and some of those reactions may be justified. But as someone said above, we have to remember that there's more than one side to this story. If the rumors are true that there was some sort of relationship between Elena and Morozov, I can understand how Nikita would be uncomfortable or upset about that. I would be too if I were in that situation. Skating partnerships are difficult enough without bringing a personal drama between a coach and a skater onto the ice and causing it to come between the other partner.

Even if the two skaters have never been romantically involved, it can still be uncomfortable for the other partner. Although Victor Kraatz & Shae-Lynn Bourne apparently never became a real-life couple, it was reported on the skating forums a decade or so back that Kraatz felt a bit uncomfortable in the later years of their partnership when she and Morozov were involved. It's a weird dynamic to have going on. So if one skater decides to become involved with a coach, that skater is taking their chances that it may blow up down the road.

True. Lena took a risk and it did not end well. Also they were also involved another high risk move. I gather that ended rather badly, correct me if I'm wrong? This may have made her think that he had no further claims to her. Or rather simply he was far more into her than she was into him so she felt the need to end things. No-one will ever know these details and quite frankly it isn't our business to know. Maybe she didn't understand that this was a deal breaker. Maybe he told her this privately but she just couldn't control herself. It could be that it was long in the working to split after the Olympics but as they seemed to be getting on so well she hoped he would eventually change his mind. Also as no official documents were filed by him to end the pair she chose to be hopeful. But obviously he was just biding his time.

When asked about their involvement he either denied it or simply said that was a long time ago. If he were truthful from the start and just told Lena at the beginning of the year that he doesn't intent to skate with her further, he would have minimized the painful loss for all involved. Remember here his actions not only affected Lena but Ruslan as well.

To his credit Nikita appears to be a very quiet almost reticent man, Lena appears much more aggressive and outgoing (depending on the crowd). We all know her family, while we have never seen any of his family. This dynamic on a whole just maybe did not work for him. He expected that Lena would figure out by this very dynamic that he was going to leave her at some point, but she chose maybe to live in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.