Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 107 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

noidont

Final Flight
Poor Vika. It's obvious that both Marina and Nikita think she is completely raw and needs to start over.

This makes me think. We all thought Lena dumped Nikita for Morozov, but maybe Nikita dumped her first.

It's amazing that in 20 years Nikita would be telling roughly the same stories as Zhulin. "I was impulsive. I treated my partners/lovers like ****. " etc.

Alba

Record Breaker
Poor Vika. It's obvious that both Marina and Nikita think she is completely raw and needs to start over.

This makes me think. We all thought Lena dumped Nikita for Morozov, but maybe Nikita dumped her first.

It's amazing that in 20 years Nikita would be telling roughly the same stories as Zhulin. "I was impulsive. I treated my partners/lovers like ****. " etc.

:thumbsup:

sisinka

Final Flight
http://fsrussia.ru/news/1239_marina...glyadet-zrelym-muzhchinoj-ryadom-s-viktoriej/
…interview with Marina Zueva from 28th of May…
…“Nikita started to look more mature next Victoria.“
How did your work with Vika and Nikita started?
“From phone by Nikita. It was in second half of April, and frankly it was fully unexpected for me. Nikita told about a situation, about a desire to try to skate with Vika. His professional behaviour caught me. I told him that I needed a time to think. And when Nikita phoned again I agreed. Kids didn’t delay and immediately flew to USA to confirm their determination.“

There were no talks about you as their coach at the moment?
“Of course, no. Kids wanted an advise only – a consultation. It was a try-out, an attempt to see what will happen. As I know they skated together just once until they came to America. “

What did you notice at first practise?
“A beautiful blue eyes of man and a lady. When kids came on the ice and to the board for the first time, it were their blue eyes with so much depths in them what charmed everybody. Somebody may take this comparison like naive but I imagined that they came from Russian fairy-tale about Vasilisa The Beauty and Ivan Carevich. And without a sentiment, for no doubt, kids had an enormous wish to improve and move up. To be sure, look, Nikita came to US for his money. A part of prize money which he got at Olympic Games, he gave into his career to develop his talent. I think that it is a trait which characterize a new generation of Russian figure skaters. And in my opinion – couple of Victoria and Nikita will become a personation of new image of Russia, a Russian soul. Vika and Nikita are skaters of different temperament. One partner looks to be a compliment of other one. For me it looks like Nikita is looking more mature next to Victoria. It was not so sooner. He was looking more young then his partner (Lena). Now everything is a little bit different. And every dance is based on a relationship of man and woman and it appeared in skating of Viki and Nikita.

You became an official coach of a couple. Will they prepare in USA?
“Yes, it is so. We will train in America, because there is a system, a working training schedule, there are necessary conditions for work.“

Then she talks about D&W and V&M, that they need time to think about future, whether to continue or retire.

“Now Vika and Nikita train with my American students Shibutani. This duet has compatibility/synchro, elegancy, a great skills of blades, soft gliding, technique, masterhood, control…Vika and Nikita have to adopt many of those atributes. From other side, Maia and Alex may take an expression of a Russian couple, speed, markedness. It is good that two duets will prepare on one place.“

You didn’t work with Russian couples in last time, how do you feel?
“I wanted to train a Russian couple very much and I am glad that I will train them. And feelings? Sooner I had a responsibility because of talent, because talented students – it is always a responsibility for a coach. Now I will add a responsibility in from of Russia. There is a lot of work in front of us. And when there was just a little of work? Of course not everything will work immediately. We will not miss ups and downs. But Viki and Nikita have an enormous potencial. Plus they have a right spirit and a professional approach. Everything from the schedule of the day to trivial detail – the couple subordinates it everything to perfection/self-improvement, which is very important.“

sisinka

Final Flight
Really? What is Oksana doing, is she involved with FS? I loved her, and hope to see her more involved in the future.

I don't know, I think it was Nikita who noticed her at the beginnining of the season in one of his interview, he told that she was helping them with programs during summer, especially with Lena's parts. I think she is probably coaching...

skateluver

Rinkside
So from now on they are only going to talk only to their own journalists, expect from us to forget break up :)laugh:), they will not speak a word about this at all. We only had to believe how talented Sinitsina/Katsalapov is :laugh: Amazing really. :laugh:

I think it is clear that he wanted out from the partnership. I don't quite understand why people make him the bad guy, when Elena is the one who had a relationship with their coach AND with him. That can't be good for any partnership or an easy situation for him. I think it is clear that he simply had enough and wanted to move on. I like both Nikita and Elena and wish they didn't split. But, they did and now it is time to move on. I can't wait for the next season and both of these amazing new pairs!!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I think it is clear that he wanted out from the partnership. I don't quite understand why people make him the bad guy, when Elena is the one who had a relationship with their coach AND with him. That can't be good for any partnership or an easy situation for him. I think it is clear that he simply had enough and wanted to move on. I like both Nikita and Elena and wish they didn't split. But, they did and now it is time to move on. I can't wait for the next season and both of these amazing new pairs!!

I find him to be the bad guy because he was setting up a partnership behind Elena's back, without ever telling her he wanted out and talking about how he wanted Pyeongchang dance gold with her. If we can assume Pechalat is an accurate source, she found out Nikita didn't want to skate with her anymore from other skaters during practice for Worlds SP and burst into tears. (Info from an interview Nathalie did the day of the SP.)

I don't have a problem with pairs splitting as long as there is at least a semblance of understanding and respect between partners - like Moore-Towers and Moscovitch, Castelli and Shnapir, and likely many others. What he did to Elena (and what Victoria did to Ruslan) is reprehensible and disrespectful.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I find him to be the bad guy because he was setting up a partnership behind Elena's back, without ever telling her he wanted out and talking about how he wanted Pyeongchang dance gold with her. If we can assume Pechalat is an accurate source, she found out Nikita didn't want to skate with her anymore from other skaters during practice for Worlds SP and burst into tears. (Info from an interview Nathalie did the day of the SP.)

I don't have a problem with pairs splitting as long as there is at least a semblance of understanding and respect between partners - like Moore-Towers and Moscovitch, Castelli and Shnapir, and likely many others. What he did to Elena (and what Victoria did to Ruslan) is reprehensible and disrespectful.

My understanding is that people discretly arrange try outs all the time. Someone at his level, isn't going to give up his partner without something else lined up.

We don't know that Moore-Towers and Moscovitch, and Castelli and Shnapir didn't have things already lined up before the partnership ended either.

As long as Nikita was doing it discretely and didn't tell everyone in sight, then I think the people who need to be blamed are those who decided to spread the gossip.

We don't know what happened in that relationship. Maybe when they were getting along Nikita did want to stick it out, and then he didn't. Clearly there was an up and down relationship there.

I don't see why anyone has to make anyone here the bad guy. We don't know those people or their relationship. Business relationships don't work out, and why the business relationship didn't work out, is nobody's business but the people involved in the relationship.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I love how people are trashing Nikita when he hasn't even said a bad thing about Elena about the break up
sometimes scenarios like these its better not to comment

Nikita has enough decency to fund his new training in the US , he isnt waiting for the Feds support
and Nikita does not own anything to Ilinykh, they were a team and he has earned it as much as she does

and it isnt Nikita btw who is rumored to be lazy and has work ethic issues :rolleye:

Alba

Record Breaker
As long as Nikita was doing it discretely and didn't tell everyone in sight, then I think the people who need to be blamed are those who decided to spread the gossip.

I'm sorry but I do not agree with you on this. You can't arrange such things discretely, so you have to know that there is a huge risk that the news will come out. Unless you don't care obviously.
Second, what was the purpose on doing a tryout before the Worlds? This could've waited and nobody would've known anything, because there was nothing to know.
So the blame is not on who decided to spread the gossip because it was not a gossip but the truth, therefore news.

I don't quite understand why people make him the bad guy, when Elena is the one who had a relationship with their coach AND with him.

You make it sound that as fact. How do you know that Elena is the one who had a relationship with their coach AND with him?
There are people, for example, who say that it was him who had a relationship with another skater behind her back, while still being with her. Only after Elena got in a relationship with Morozov.
Post #200 user lipsky: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...lapov-already-left-me-once-7-years-ago/page10
Same user, post #210 http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...lapov-already-left-me-once-7-years-ago/page11

I tend to agree with that version because if he was feeling so bad about that he wouldnt've stayed with her and Morozov as a coach.
That's just my opinion anyway though, I'm not asking you to belive that. My point is that there are different kind of rumours on the subject.
I would not point the finger on Elena about that.;)
We don't know the full story.

elif

Medalist
Arranging a test skate before Worlds and expecting this is going to be secret.:laugh: Best I could have said ''naive''.:laugh: Sorry no offence to anyone but I can't believe something stupid like this. :laugh:

Note :Sorry.:) My first language is not english so sometimes I can't find right words to explaing myself.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Arranging a test skate before Worlds and expecting this is going to be secret.:laugh: Best I could have said ''naive''.:laugh: Sorry no offence to anyone but I can't believe something stupid like this. :laugh:

The thing is I don't believe even Nikita is that stupid, he was just callous, plain and simple. Their only focus should have been Worlds. He had plans to leave her anyway right? They planned a three week try-out with Zueva, why the need to do this before Worlds? Plain and simple to cause Lena as much hurt as possible. Then he acts all coy and cute at Worlds and Lena is left to pick up the pieces. If the reason was because she chose to love someone else other than him, especially if he was being a jerk this will come back to bite him in the rear end at some point. You can't legislate that someone love you !!

skateluver

Rinkside

What if he simply didn't care at that point?? What if he had enough of the drama with Elena?? There likely was some drama involved in the training sessions after she and Morozov ended their personal relationship. This is of course pure speculation. However, as mentioned earlier it is clear that N wanted out from the partnership with Elena no matter the damage or consequences. Stupid?? Perhaps. Naïve?? Hardly, I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Are we sure Lena broke up with Morozov? Or could it be that this split precipitated their parting? Either way its best that this just be over with. It is just so unpleasant all around.

bramweld

Record Breaker
What if he simply didn't care at that point?? What if he had enough of the drama with Elena?? There likely was some drama involved in the training sessions after she and Morozov ended their personal relationship. This is of course pure speculation. However, as mentioned earlier it is clear that N wanted out from the partnership with Elena no matter the damage or consequences. Stupid?? Perhaps. Naïve?? Hardly, I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Well that says a lot about Nikita, considering they had every opportunity to win gold?

sisinka

Final Flight
My understanding is that people discretly arrange try outs all the time. Someone at his level, isn't going to give up his partner without something else lined up.

This was always a bad behaviour example to make try-out in secrecy. Nora Hoffmann went for try-out when Attila Elek didn't have any idea about it and lived in opinion that he has Nora like dance partner for sure. They split fastly then.

Maxim Shabalin for example firstly split with Khaliavina, then he looked for a new partner. Jana Khoklova firstly waited for Novitski's confirmation about retiring, then she looked for another partner.

Dancers who split and in the same time already had a partners, it was arranged by Russian Federation in these cases, because one of partners was too fat, slow, not enought talented, not enought blonde etc.

sky_fly said:
Nikita has enough decency to fund his new training in the US , he isnt waiting for the Feds support
Nobody would be waiting for Feds money support when that money support is connected with great results at competitions. You can't gain medals in skating sitting home and watching TV.

Btw. 80 percent of skaters are giving a lot of money (from show or money from parents) to skating even while they compete at world level, not every Federation is so generous to sponsor all necessary things.

We don't know what happened in that relationship. Maybe when they were getting along Nikita did want to stick it out, and then he didn't. Clearly there was an up and down relationship there.

I don't see why anyone has to make anyone here the bad guy. We don't know those people or their relationship. Business relationships don't work out, and why the business relationship didn't work out, is nobody's business but the people involved in the relationship.

This is the same all the time. This is not about the fact that they split, this is about how they split! Of course the bad one is a jurnalist who told the true….maybe he/she was devastated by Nikita’s sweet behaviour to Lena althought he/she knew what would happen in mid-season while a Lena had no idea about it.
Looking at Lena’s life style it leads to think that she was the one who had more lazy attitude during working process, but like Bramweld noticed more times, Zhulin connected with lazy attitude and star manners both of them, not Lena only. Number of mistakes at competitions (= the power to concentrate well when it matters) is equal for Lena and Nikita.

Do you really think that Nikita kept a split info sooo secretly that “somebody“ told the journalist and Morozov himself told Zueva about a new couple? No. Nikita had to tell Morozov…and then Nikita or Victoria or Morozov told the journalist. Why should be a journalist the bad one then? Did he/she stole mobile phone from Nikita and read all messages to make sure what he and Victoria plans? Of course no. But somebody from that trio had to tell him/her.

Or once when Nikita discovered that Morozov is no more needed he immediately called Zueva. So Nikita get rid of Morozov as well. Don’t you think that Morozov (who was so sure of things that he himself told Zueva) got some assurance from Nikita about a new cooperation? And suddenly he reads in press that Nikita and Vika flew to Zueva…shock a little bit, no? Morozov gave an interview where he complained that he has no longer any skaters. Wasn’t it beyond Morozov’s back behaviour from Nikita as well? Personally I am glad that a couple finished with Zueva and not Morozov, but if Nikita arranged a cooperation with Morozov and then he suddenly changed it, this is not nice.

What are people looking for in this split….it is fair play and respectful behaviour. Victoria and Nikita should tell their partners sooner, they should tell their coaches as well (Kustarova didn’t know and also her job was blocked by Nikita and Victoria’s secret plans). If Nikita has so low respect to Lena that he didn’t feel a need to tell anything even in moment when everybody around rumoured this…then he and Victoria should be respectful enought to Kustarova who had nothing to do with Lena and Nikita’s personal relationship….and of course both Victoria and Nikita should be respectful to Ruslan and tell him – how is Ruslan responsible for Lena and Nikita’s personal relationship? How does it feel to compete at the most important competition in season when everybody looks at you and rumours you that your partner doesn’t want you….ask Lena and Ruslan.

You can notice that the only note about Victoria’s explanation went from Kustarova who told that Victoria left without any explanation….so she even didn’t find a time to tell Ruslan or coaches. Kustarova mentioned in interview from April that they were waiting for Victoria’s confirmation…

Overall a behaviour of Nikita and Victoria was poor. I can understand that journalist crossed their ways, but kids behaviour since that time is far to good. They should explain their partners what is going on, they shouldn’t keep a secret no more when everybody talked about it, simply they should show a fair play. That’s all. Now they had the first possibility during the interview to explain their not fair behaviour (keeping silence, having extremely long waiting period, laying – after World‘s FD Victoria told the rumour passed beside them and Nikita was enthusiastic about his couple with Lena in interviews before Worlds). And what happened during an interview? Even one word about wrong situation with journalist, about being sorry that their split affair went in such direction when they had to lie to their partners.

Victoria told that it is impossible to look back…and Nikita agreed. I don’t agree. They should look back, because how they behaved in last two months was not fairly done. Even with some personal troubles with Lena, this is not how should be a split arranged. Maybe Nikita really looks older next to Victoria, but he is far to mature one looking at his behaviour. The same for Victoria. If you want to betray your partners in such way and let them stay in vacuum for so long time to make them believe that maybe things will come back…OK, maybe this is a possibility how to pay a bill with him/her….but why to betray your coach who did so much for you. In this moment sorry for Morozov, but this comes mainly in direction of Kustarova / Alexeeva. Do you remeber how Victoria fell at NHK Trophy during opening steps of Finnstep in SD? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ehS722TRrcg#t=139
The couple finished last because of it….but coaches and Ruslan were the first one who supported Vika in that moment when she almost started to cry. Did Kustarova / Alexeeva really deserved such behaviour from Victoria and Nikita without even one word of confirmation / explanation?

elif

Medalist

After all the kissing, hugging, smiling to each other at Olympics (You can find many videos, pictures from Sochi) suddenly he can't endure Ilinykh even for moment to say he don't want to skate with her. :laugh: Sorry I can't believe something stupid like this too. :laugh: This time, best I could have said would be ''two-faced''

Note :Sorry.:) My first language is not english so sometimes I can't find right words to explaing myself.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I fully agree with Sisinka's post!

Hanca, agreed with you here :thumbsup: Elif you couldn't have said it better either. Nikita seems challenged to be direct and honest with persons, especially with those he may have a conflict. Two-faced is an apt description.

Status
Not open for further replies.