Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 111 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sorry but Vic is pretty but very flat to me.
She is like a beautiful blond girl without character. :biggrin: I don't want to bash anyone but that is exactly my impression, doesn't mean she doesn't have one. But frankly just saying beautiful but not distinctive and not memorable are the right words.:laugh:

On the other hand, Elena has the most stunning and seductive eyes. :love:

Anyways Nikita is looking more and more like Kevin Bacon in a bad way. He looks like Vic's uncle now. :unsure: what the hell with that hair cut? :confused:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
beauty aesthetics and looks is a huge part in Ice Dancing

Sinitsina / Katslapaov already have a huge lead in this department compared to Elena who paired with Zhiganshin (aka the schoolboy look) and are awkward together. I doubt we'll see real passion from I/Z, they may not be able to convey this on the ice

in this round, Sinitsina / Katsalapov have won

also video from the sports ward dinner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFl9YHQq7Uc&feature=player_embedded

Ok right everyone knows that but judges don't award the things you have mentioned with points which is very subjective from person to person. At least objective real judges.. You can think Nikita is the most handsome dancer, another one can think Ruslan is the best. This is not a criteria.

I know your comments for Gold and Pogorilaya and it seems like you are obsessed with looks. Try to be more objective and do not compare skaters/couples by your personal beauty-looks-aesthetics scale :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sorry but Vic is pretty but very flat to me.
She is like a beautiful blond girl without character. :biggrin: I don't want to bash anyone but that is exactly my impression, doesn't mean she doesn't have one. But frankly just saying beautiful but not distinctive and not memorable are the right words.:laugh:

On the other hand, Elena has the most stunning and seductive eyes. :love:

This is how I feel too. I know none of these people and so please note I am NOT making any judgments on their actual character/personality in what I am about to say. I have no idea. But for me both Victoria and Nikita look very stupid and unintelligent. There is a blankness about them. They look like the steryotypical high school cheerleader and quarterback who will then work at McDonalds for the rest of their lives and who can barely remember their own names. Now, again, I am NOT saying this is how they really are, but to me this is how they look. They are very attractive but something is just SO missing.

Elena and Ruslan, on the other hand, are also attractive, if less steryotypically so. But in addition, they look like people I would want to know. I feel like I could sit down with them and have an actual conversation of some depth.

For me personally, there is no contest in terms of who I think looks better, therefore. And no, sky-fly, it's not Victoria and Nikita.

Also, I think Elena looks a lot better than Victoria in the pics. No one needs to see Victoria's plunging neckline and blank smile. Elena looks calm, classy, and collected.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This is how I feel too. I know none of these people and so please note I am NOT making any judgments on their actual character/personality in what I am about to say. I have no idea. But for me both Victoria and Nikita look very stupid and unintelligent. There is a blankness about them. They look like the steryotypical high school cheerleader and quarterback who will then work at McDonalds for the rest of their lives and who can barely remember their own names. Now, again, I am NOT saying this is how they really are, but to me this is how they look. They are very attractive but something is just SO missing.

Elena and Ruslan, on the other hand, are also attractive, if less steryotypically so. But in addition, they look like people I would want to know. I feel like I could sit down with them and have an actual conversation of some depth.

on assumptions of what they they look stupid ?

we dont even know the whole story of both sides
I think are getting carried away. people tend to get emotional and take on I/Z who most see as the victim card, I don't see it that way
we don't know the whole stoory so no need to vilify anyone

then there's also the rumored Ilinykh is lazy and has work issues
she said Kustarova's environment was more intense regimen than what she used in training

Meoima

Match Penalty
on assumptions of what they they look stupid ?
we dont even know the whole story of both sides
I think are getting carried away. people tend to get emotional and take on I/Z who most see as the victim card, I don't see it that way
she said Kustarova's environment was more intense regimen than what she used in training
Lol, we are saying about their looks and not about their characters or the truth behind all of this mess. :laugh:

If you ask me about their looks, then I have to say I find Lena more attractive than the most. Ruslan looks quite schoolboy, yes, but that can change in a short time, no need to rush. He already looks dashing right now and there's always the make up to help him looks more mature so it's nothing to worry about. :)

While Vic is quite beautiful but I can't remember her at all (like after 10 times looking at her picture, I am sure I will forget her right away). I was forced to watch the ice dance event at Sochi with my friends and I only remember Lena, Tessa and Meryl, the rest was very forgettable. I also remember B/S too, thanks to their creative free dance. :popcorn:

If you are talking about the looks only, then yes, I have the same impression as Tulosai. Vic and Nikita looks pretty but blank and unintelligent. With the new hair cut, Nikita now looks like a bad version of Kevin Bacon, and he looks much older now than he looked in Sochi. Note that this is my impression on their looks, because I don't know them in real life so I have nothing against them personally. Simply that's how I feel about their looks. :biggrin:

I have nothing against blondie, please note that I like Yulia, Pogo and Radionova very much. ;)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Lol, we are saying about their looks and not about their characters or the truth behind all of this mess. :laugh:

If you ask me about their looks, then I have to say I find Lena more attractive than the most. Ruslan looks quite schoolboy, yes, but that can change in a short time, no need to rush. He already looks dashing right now and there's always the make up to help him looks more mature so it's nothing to worry about. :)

While Vic is quite beautiful but I can't remember her at all (like after 10 times looking at her picture, I am sure I will forget her right away). I was forced to watch the ice dance event at Sochi with my friends and I only remember Lena, Tessa and Meryl, the rest was very forgettable. I also remember B/S too, thanks to their creative free dance. :popcorn:

If you are talking about the looks only, then yes, I have the same impression as Tulosai. Vic and Nikita looks pretty but blank and unintelligent. With the new hair cut, Nikita now looks like a bad version of Kevin Bacon, and he looks much older now than he looked in Sochi. Note that this is my impression on their looks, because I don't know them in real life so I have nothing against them personally. Simply that's how I feel about their looks. :biggrin:

I have nothing against blondie, please note that I like Yulia, Pogo and Radionova very much. ;)

Schoolboys grow up. But most importantly, this; http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-732002743017281931_1103267565 For all who have forgotten how painful this ordeal must have been for Ruslan, and how disrespectful S/K have been, you need look no further. But they handled it with class.

Looking back at some of the photos from the ball I can also sense however how conflicted Nikita still is over this decision despite all the bluster in his words. I think maybe from the beginning they were a bad match in terms of personal compatibility and it may have taken its toll. So from me even though I am disappointed with how things were handled I am beginning to sense that all of this may be more disappointing to Nikita himself. He just needs to mature and let this go, hopefully sooner rather than later as pent up anger or resentment will serve him no good.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lol, we are saying about their looks and not about their characters or the truth behind all of this mess. :laugh:...

Yes, my statement was on the basis of nothing but their looks alone. Again, though I tried to be very clear, I do not pretend you can tell a thing really from someone's looks (at times you can make a good guess, such as that a very overweight person doesn't exercise much/isn't in good shape, but even then, once in a while, you are wrong). And I have nothing against blondes either... I am one (and I am the LEAST blonde one in my whole immediate family all of whom I think are the best) and also like Yulia, Radionova, Carolina (though she's much more blonds some times than others), V/T, S squared (though they are no more, I still like her) and MANY others. However, to me, Victoria and Nikita LOOK vacant and as I more fully described. It is based on nothing but their looks and my own biases about that kind of look, and I wholly admit that.

skateluver

Rinkside
Victoria and Nikita are so beautiful together!! One of the best looking ice dance couples ever. Elena and Ruslan are not bad looking either. As we all know, beauty is in the eye of beholder. Best of luck to both couples!!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Victoria and Nikita are so beautiful together!! One of the best looking ice dance couples ever. Elena and Ruslan are not bad looking either. As we all know, beauty is in the eye of beholder. Best of luck to both couples!!

:thumbsup: Best wishes to both !

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

You say there's "no need to vilify anyone"... and then, in the very next sentence, you perpetuate a rumour (which is "not knowing the whole story") saying that Elena is lazy? :unsure: You're such a piece of work. :laugh:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Most posters in this thread are really malevolent. Why can't you just accept the fact that Nikita and Lena are done skating together and both had moved on. Move on too, people! Stop bashing one couple over other. Time will show who deserves what.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Most posters in this thread are really malevolent. Why can't you just accept the fact that Nikita and Lena are done skating together and both had moved on. Move on too, people! Stop bashing one couple over other. Time will show who deserves what.
It's only Skyfly who bash Elena and Ruslan for their talents, attitude and their looks. The rest only comment about the looks and their impression on these skaters' looks and I think that is not bashing. :popcorn:
I am glad that I/K are no longer together jf you ask me. My friend is a fan of B/S and with I/K splitting, B/S will have less of a strong opponent at least for one or two seasons. ;) my friend is pleased then I have no problem with it.

Brenda

On the Ice
While sky_fly20 keeps talking about Sinitsina/Katsalapov's "Hollywood beauty", I've always thought Elena Ilinykh could pass as a brown-eyed sister of Gene Tierney, widely regarded as "the most beautiful woman in film history." Many women, including Elena, have Gene Tierney to thank for making overbites sexy.

That suck-the-cheeks-in expression Elena is so fond of, Gene does it too.

Now if I/Z need any music ideas, I would humbly suggest Ms. Tierney's most famous role, Laura. The David Raksin soundtrack is absolutely gorgeous, the theme is very well known (its corresponding vocal song has been sung by a million different singers should they choose to go the vocal route), and yet it would be completely new to figure skating. Some people may praise S/K's equal beauty, but some stories like Laura are better told by a mismatched pair--in this case an average man infatuated an impossibly beautiful woman. Ruslan can wear a fedora and it won't matter whether people like his haircut or not. (We can also imagine Nikita and Morozov to be Waldo Lydecker and Shelby Carpenter...or vice versa, depending on whose idea it really was to dump Elena).

As for S/K, perhaps Rebecca, since we will all be comparing Viktoria to the ghost of Elena during their performances anyway. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.