Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Record Breaker
beauty aesthetics and looks is a huge part in Ice Dancing

Sinitsina / Katslapaov already have a huge lead in this department compared to Elena who paired with Zhiganshin (aka the schoolboy look) and are awkward together. I doubt we'll see real passion from I/Z, they may not be able to convey this on the ice

in this round, Sinitsina / Katsalapov have won

also video from the sports ward dinner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFl9YHQq7Uc&feature=player_embedded

You are wrong (as usual). S/K definitely don't have any advantage in 'the look'. They don't have it. Sinitsina looks pretty, but her pictures don't show any personality. Katsalapov's new hairstyle looks like from Simpsons. In comparison, I/K's photos express emotions. They are not as cold as picture of Sinitsina. Sinitsina is pretty, but Ilynikh is beautiful. And if you look carefully, you might notice that Ruslan does not wear any more schoolboy's hairstyle. He looks like a man. A man with feeling. The picture I/Z shows vulnerability, passion, warmth. S/K pictures don't project anything.

hanca

Record Breaker
Sorry but Vic is pretty but very flat to me.
She is like a beautiful blond girl without character. :biggrin: I don't want to bash anyone but that is exactly my impression, doesn't mean she doesn't have one. But frankly just saying beautiful but not distinctive and not memorable are the right words.:laugh:

On the other hand, Elena has the most stunning and seductive eyes. :love:

Anyways Nikita is looking more and more like Kevin Bacon in a bad way. He looks like Vic's uncle now. :unsure: what the hell with that hair cut? :confused:

I absolutely agree! Interesting to see that someone feels the same when looking at the pictures.

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Schoolboys grow up. But most importantly, this; http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-732002743017281931_1103267565 For all who have forgotten how painful this ordeal must have been for Ruslan, and how disrespectful S/K have been, you need look no further. But they handled it with class.

What I thought exactly!! I love the fact that Elena and Ruslan are each others biggest supporters right now. And its evident by the pictures of them together!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
hahaha omg :eek: can I unsee this :laugh: Totally Morozov 2.0 or Blonde Morozov.
He had good hair way to go and ruin it with an ugly style and ton of gel

THANK YOU. I've always thought Nikita was a very attractive guy but he looks awful here. The slicked-back, overly-gelled hair combined with barely-there facial scruff (which really just looks like he can't grow a full beard and this is the best he could do) makes him look really sketchy to me. If the usual Nikita approached me on the street, I'd be a puddle. If this guy did, I'd cross over to the other side.

But this is all personal opinion and secondary to the skating. I, too, can't wait to see the new couples' programs!

bramweld

Record Breaker
THANK YOU. I've always thought Nikita was a very attractive guy but he looks awful here. The slicked-back, overly-gelled hair combined with barely-there facial scruff (which really just looks like he can't grow a full beard and this is the best he could do) makes him look really sketchy to me. If the usual Nikita approached me on the street, I'd be a puddle. If this guy did, I'd cross over to the other side.

But this is all personal opinion and secondary to the skating. I, too, can't wait to see the new couples' programs!

When will we get to see their skate. Is their a link to the show today? Thanks.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

I have no idea...I was referring to seeing them in the fall when the new season starts. But if there's a show today I also would love a link!

sisinka

Final Flight

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-Summer-2014&p=4271248&viewfull=1#post4271248 more info in this post

Show started today at 18:00 od Moscow time, so in this moment it probably goes to the end.
Translation will be tomorrow, but maybe somebody already did some home video, who knows...or probably some skating fans were there and will tell at least some info about first impression.

bramweld

Record Breaker

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I must admit that after watching some of the S/Z performances, Ruslan seemed better compared to Victoria(specially at performing), at least I enyojed watching him more than her. If, for instance, that Norma FD was danced with Elena, who is an amazing performer, it would looked a lot more interesting.
This being said, unless Victoria improves with the help of Zueva, I see myself rooting for I/Z a lot more(well, I already do, but I am still waiting for judges to decide). She simply lacks that IT factor, though she is very beautiful. Elena, on the other hand, immediately attracts the audience.

However, I hope these pairings will be succesfull and will benefit from the splits.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-Summer-2014&p=4271248&viewfull=1#post4271248 more info in this post

Show started today at 18:00 od Moscow time, so in this moment it probably goes to the end.
Translation will be tomorrow, but maybe somebody already did some home video, who knows...or probably some skating fans were there and will tell at least some info about first impression.

Why weren't I/Z invited to the event?

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140531/749426420.html

Alba

Record Breaker
You say there's "no need to vilify anyone"... and then, in the very next sentence, you perpetuate a rumour (which is "not knowing the whole story") saying that Elena is lazy? :unsure: You're such a piece of work. :laugh:

What do you expect from Skyfly? During the Olympics she was writing that Deputat is too short for Vera, now she says they're so good looking couple that they will put in danger even V&T. :laugh:

sisinka

Final Flight

This is one big question. While I&Z didn’t get a chance to skate here and present themselves, S&K got a chance.

But this is not the only case where a different approach could be seen. We have 31th of May and while both Zueva and S&Z got a chance to give an interview and this interview was published on the official page of Russian Federation with confirmation of new couple….I&Z were not oficially approved until this moment. I know that Lena was allowed to change a club to Alexeeva’s group, but this document was not oficially published (it was on forum only) and even with change of skating club – this is not a confirmation of a new couple. Also in mid April Alexander Gorshkov, the Prezident of Russian Federation, promised that Lena’s new partner will be announced in one month – which was until a half of May….it didn’t happen. Althought we all know that on 99% I&Z are a new couple, there is no official confirmation like in S&K’s case.

I am suprised with this strange behaviour from Russian Federation. Nothing to be proud of. If S&Z and Zueva were given a space to open their minds at official Russian Federation‘s web page, then I&Z should be given the same chance. It was really enought of poor behaviour towards this couple.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I don' think they need it now. While S/K have already done a gala number, as Zueva said, I/Z have been working on learning some steps of SD and I believe developing a FD. I think that is their priority now, so no need to waste their time on that...

I agree. I think I/Z need to focus on developing their programs and style for the upcoming season. It will only benefit them.

Alba

Record Breaker
Its not a personal dating relationship. ITs a business partnership. Which makes it more akin to a job employment than it does to an dating relationship.

And I was talking about business partnership also. You have a company and you have a partner, you want to find a new partner and you don't even inform your old partner? If that's ok with you fine, but do not pretend to come here and tell us that's a fine behaviour.
That's called dishonesty in all the language of the world, and it is wrong.

This is always a question. One way is to speak in superlatives only, but frankly anyone who knows anything about skating and coaching sees that this is a game how to make a team look superb. Another possibility is to keep words under control, give less info and less superlatives and let skaters speak with their skating. While Zueva tries to make a fairy-tale from this situation, Kustarova stays with her feet on the floor. Because more people watching skating are not coaches or former skaters, there will be a big group of people who will probably think that Vika and Nikita are the best team ever reading Zueva’s words. Those who know how coaches job really looks like will rather take Kustarova more seriously than Zueva.

Zueva tried too hard with V&M and their "romantic, beautiful, soul". Unfortunately, that was not enough to give them a second OGM.
Fortunately I have never taken into account what Marina had to say about the "soul" and "beautiful chemistry" of her skaters. That's just BULL. I can see their skating and how they look on the Ice. Hope the judges will do the same.

Alba

Record Breaker
OMG, why am I not surprised. :laugh:

I was reading some old topic on Olympics and I bumped into this. I immediately thought about you. :biggrin:
I was surprised because normally Skyfly is coherent in her nonsense way. :rolleye:

poor Vera, she still young only 21

Larionov just wont do it for her, well if he retires early
hope she sticks around and gets a better partner, one who isn't much of a truck driver

Andrei Deputat - too short
Vladimir Morozov - well will be an improvement from Larionov

Enjoy. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.