Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
There is plenty of time for I&Z to show themselves to the international judges and the world. I'm sure that the people from the Russian federation have seen them and they've got their feedback. There is no need to play Zueva's game at this moment at all. They should play their own game, and I really hope that will be a game called great skating. If they can do that rest assured that the Rus Federation will do all the talking with the judges.

I think this is how they are going to play it. Since it has been said they are only training lifts off the ice, I have to say its smart. I feel like they are taking the time to get their basics together and that is really important. From the ground up their coach is going to make sure they are a team and not rush to show them off as I feel Marina did in this case.

The programs was not horrible by any means and S/K skate pretty good together. I do feel that Marina is looking to make them her next V/M and that might not be the style that works for them. Looking at S/K this early I feel that they are 2 Ice Dancers that are skating on the same ice, not so much together yet as it's only been a month. On this forum posters here have identified many problem areas in their skating and I am sure Marina is well aware of them. She should have waited to correct these issues before she presented them. For all of her talk she left me disappointed.

Regarding I/Z and how they presented themselves with their former partners, I feel like they could be our modern day Gritchuk and Platov. I wouldn't want them to rush that.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think this is how they are going to play it. Since it has been said they are only training lifts off the ice, I have to say its smart. I feel like they are taking the time to get their basics together and that is really important. From the ground up their coach is going to make sure they are a team and not rush to show them off as I feel Marina did in this case.

I think they have been relying on objective 3rd parties to provide the PR. Stifunin (although his comments were relayed by Alexeeva), Vaitsekhovskaya, and Averbukh have made their comments and it is Tempered but positive. 3rd party reviews are always more believable than glowing first person praises. Nevertheless, I expect something from Alexeeva soon since the group is supposed to be headed to Latvia for training camps and she, at the very least, needs to confirm Yanovskaya and Mozgov's plans. I know the plan was to stay junior but I can't imagine the thought of turning senior hadn't crossed their minds.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree the performance was a bit blah, but I'm not sure we should draw any conclusions from it.

They've been together a very short time.
In that short time, I doubt they've invested very much time in an exhibition program.
The ice looked to be very small, perhaps contributing to the lack of speed.

Maybe they'll be great. Maybe they won't. We'll see, but the expectation and criticism seem a little too pointed based on this one outing.

elif

Medalist
I like to watch Ice-Age performances where non-skating persons like actors, singers or other famous persons skating with a figure skater for TV. I mean even non-skating persons can find some non-bland music, can do couple of ice dance lifts/ transitions and skate with more convincing way. :eek: This shouldn't be so hard for world level skaters. :eek:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sinitsina / Katsalapov are beautiful couple, one of the most attractive in Ice Dance history
hopefully their technical goods can be as impressive, looking forward what Marina can do

hanca

Record Breaker
Sinitsina / Katsalapov are beautiful couple, one of the most attractive in Ice Dance history
hopefully their technical goods can be as impressive, looking forward what Marina can do

You forgot to add "one of the most expressive couple in the world!" :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yup, I only expect the fastest team in the world, not the most attractive. At this rate I am afraid they couldn't be the fastest even in 10 years latter.
I would rather root for B/S, they surely will stay on the 1st place of Russian National for longer. :popcorn:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yup, I only expect the fastest team in the world, not the most attractive. At this rate I am afraid they couldn't be the fastest even in 10 years latter.
I would rather root for B/S, they surely will stay on the 1st place of Russian National for longer. :popcorn:

its is nature to be threatened by beauty

Meoima

Match Penalty

desertskates

Medalist
its is nature to be threatened by beauty

This whole "threatened by beauty" thing you fall back on with many people and with me at one point has grown very old. I'm a middle 30's housewife from Randomsville, US. If I'm going to feel threatened by the looks of anyone, it'll be the neighbor who's botox looks better than mine, or by the lady walking out of the salon with highlights more shiny than mine. Not by 20 year old women at the peak of their beauty and fitness.

That said, I'm not terribly impressed by what I saw on the video. I hope they gel together better in the future.

hanca

Record Breaker
Stepanova/Bukin is in huge trouble.:laugh: Their number 4th russian dance team status could be threatened by Sinitsina/Katsalapov:laugh:

Stepanova/Bukin looked much stronger than S/K in this show. Maybe they would manage to snatch the third spot for Europeans/worlds and S/K would drop to 4th? That would be KARMA.

sisinka

Final Flight
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140531/749500922.html
…S&K’s interview from 31th of May about gala program…
…Nikita says that they felt a responsibility, they have positives feelings, the most close people (sitting near to the ice) showed thumbs up, the support is very important for them. They are doing everything for fans, to be liked by more and more people. They want to bring something new and fresh.
…Victoria says that she is happy that her parents and friends came there, they all liked their performance.
…Nikita says that idea of a program went from Marina Zueva, who wanted to show something light, to show their soul, that a music is tender and delicate.
…Nikita says that in the beginning the idea was to make a competive program in this style, but now he says absolutely no. They try many directions, a different music every day and they didn’t decided yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxDwpmTUX9o
…video of S&K after a performance…they promised to look into their eyes for the whole program…Victoria says that looking into Nikita’s eyes she is lost and forgets about everything, about the audience, she says that she skated with pleasure with Nikita.
…Nikita says that it is too early to talk about some image, that some people may see their style from aside, but they themselves need to feel from inside their new style.
…Then I was really surprised with propaganda of one of the commentators (he comments even Russian Nationals I think) Alexei Vasiliev started to talk about a couple….let me translate his words about S&K as much as I can: “They are a current Russian couple, a classical couple…we didn‘t have such couple in Ice Dance for a very long time. Maybe in times of Navka & Kostomarov, who brought such image. Then Russian duets were a little bit different. I think that Marina Zueva makes turn them into the best world couple. They have everything for it. They look beautiful, they are young, they can live two – three Olympic cycles. I like them. They are cultured skaters. They skate in modern way. They were expressive, maybe they were chained a little bit, because it is the first performance. But there was seen a monumental potencial.“

Alba

Record Breaker

The programs was not horrible by any means and S/K skate pretty good together. I do feel that Marina is looking to make them her next V/M and that might not be the style that works for them. Looking at S/K this early I feel that they are 2 Ice Dancers that are skating on the same ice, not so much together yet as it's only been a month. On this forum posters here have identified many problem areas in their skating and I am sure Marina is well aware of them. She should have waited to correct these issues before she presented them. For all of her talk she left me disappointed.

Regarding I/Z and how they presented themselves with their former partners, I feel like they could be our modern day Gritchuk and Platov. I wouldn't want them to rush that.

:agree:

Some videos of training and things like these are fine, and I think they will come, but to perform in a show now it's stupid, IMO.
No need for them to do it now.

bramweld

Record Breaker
:agree:

Some videos of training and things like these are fine, and I think they will come, but to perform in a show now it's stupid, IMO.
No need for them to do it now.

Yup :thumbsup: Best to take their time.

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Then I was really surprised with propaganda of one of the commentators (he comments even Russian Nationals I think) Alexei Vasiliev started to talk about a couple….let me translate his words about S&K as much as I can: “They are a current Russian couple, a classical couple…we didn‘t have such couple in Ice Dance for a very long time. Maybe in times of Navka & Kostomarov, who brought such image. Then Russian duets were a little bit different. I think that Marina Zueva makes turn them into the best world couple. They have everything for it. They look beautiful, they are young, they can live two – three Olympic cycles. I like them. They are cultured skaters. They skate in modern way. They were expressive, maybe they were chained a little bit, because it is the first performance. But there was seen a monumental potencial.“

Why are the commentators so biased? To claim that S/K are like "current Russian couple" "classical couple" is very unfair. It sounds like somebody paid this guy to praise them. So does that mean Russia was devoid of a "classical couple" for all this time?? What a load of bull! :scowl:

S/K can keep on looking in to each others eyes, they sound extremely self-centered from each interview they keep on giving. Very off-putting!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why are the commentators so biased? To claim that S/K are like "current Russian couple" "classical couple" is very unfair. It sounds like somebody paid this guy to praise them. So does that mean Russia was devoid of a "classical couple" for all this time?? What a load of bull! :scowl:
S/K can keep on looking in to each others eyes, they sound extremely self-centered from each interview they keep on giving. Very off-putting!
So B/S, the current Russian Champ, is not the Russian couple, huh? I am sure someone paid them a lot to praise S/K. But seriously this presentation is not enough. Sorry Zueva, I am still waiting for the fastest team. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.