Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 126 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I feel Nikita would be better served if he gave less interviews and worked more on himself. Because in all of this he's coming across sadly as sort of self-centered and a bit immature or unaware. Sort of sad really, you get the impression that Lena was the brains behind the two:disapp:

kauh888

Rinkside
Trust is paramount for sure in a partnership. And just saying though, if it were me, I wouldn't completely trust Nikita. Although we don't know exactly what happened, the bottom line is that Nikita was not entirely transparent with Elena about his intentions for the future and their partnership. It caught Elena by surprise it seems from the interviews and they had a completely different perception of what they thought was the plan for the future. And a leopard doesn't change its spots so to speak even if you place it in a different environment.

sisinka

Final Flight
Marina Zueva: Katsalapov Sinitsyna and perform at a Grand Prix event, while just do not know - in what
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/717209

That is interesting because more people told earlier that both couples are guaranteed with two Grand Prix events. Maybe the second one was meant to be home Cup of Russia?

Or is it another tactical thing from Marina? It is impossible to get into Grand Prix Final even winning one Grand Prix event. Of course there is almost no chance for I&Z and S&K to get into Final their first competive year together. But it sounds better to say that a couple didn't qualify for the Final because they competed only once, then to say that they had equal chances like anyone else and didn't qualify.

Or Zueva already knows that second Grand Prix will be the same for both couples and she or Nikita want to avoid meeting before Russian Nationals.

Overall if both couples are guaranteed with two Grand Prix events, it is strange to go at one only.

But of course there is a chance that both couples will get one Grand Prix event only, but it is hard to believe for me that more people would be mistaken in counting this.

kauh888

Rinkside
That is interesting because more people told earlier that both couples are guaranteed with two Grand Prix events. Maybe the second one was meant to be home Cup of Russia?

Or is it another tactical thing from Marina? It is impossible to get into Grand Prix Final even winning one Grand Prix event. Of course there is almost no chance for I&Z and S&K to get into Final their first competive year together. But it sounds better to say that a couple didn't qualify for the Final because they competed only once, then to say that they had equal chances like anyone else and didn't qualify.

Or Zueva already knows that second Grand Prix will be the same for both couples and she or Nikita want to avoid meeting before Russian Nationals.
That would make plenty of sense to avoid direct competition between I/Z and S/K until the last minute possible because everyone is going to be watching to see which couple comes out on top.

Marina is so desperate to be on top of the podium this year you can smell it.
No doubt, especially with all the success she's had with D/W and V/M these past many years. And D/W just announced that they are not competing next season, just as expected pretty much.
Naturally Marina is not going to say anything negative about her skaters, but she better be ready to put her money where her mouth is if she's going to continue saying such bombastic comments about S/K ("fastest couple", "best male dancer"). Realistically S/K have quite a ways to go to reach the level of V/M and D/W, but she's making S/K sound as if they are already legions better than the couples that have been world and olympic champions for many years. :rolleye:

elif

Medalist
Trust is paramount for sure in a partnership. And just saying though, if it were me, I wouldn't completely trust Nikita. Although we don't know exactly what happened, the bottom line is that Nikita was not entirely transparent with Elena about his intentions for the future and their partnership. It caught Elena by surprise it seems from the interviews and they had a completely different perception of what they thought was the plan for the future. And a leopard doesn't change its spots so to speak even if you place it in a different environment.

I can say same things for Nikita's coaches too. Don't forget Zhulin. ;) Actually Sinisina,Katsalapov,Zoueva shouldn't trust each other at all, remember how Igor fired from the ring.:think: Of course Sinitsina is not better than this two. :p So many untrusting peoples in one team:laugh:

sisinka

Final Flight
I am not familiar with the GP system. Who decides who competes where?

It is from ISU rules than Federation must allow a couple to compete at Grand Prix. Federation can choose teams for home Grand Prix.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?92396-GP-2014-15-Pre-Announcement-Thread

There is a thread about Grand Prix assignment...
Eligible for spots, but not guaranteed any:
•Comeback teams (1-6 at Worlds, last 10 Worlds): Priority consideration for up to two spots. None known.
•Split couples: (1-6 at Worlds, # of seasons unknown): consideration for up to two spots. Qualified from the last two seasons:
- Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
- Sinitsina/Katsalapov

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
The way Zueva's been talking about S/K makes me think they should be more athletic than D/W, more emotionally invested than V/M, more creative than P/B, and able to do A/P's reverse lift. I like Marina personally, but I'm ready to see her put her money where her mouth is. :laugh:

bramweld

Record Breaker
That would make plenty of sense to avoid direct competition between I/Z and S/K until the last minute possible because everyone is going to be watching to see which couple comes out on top.

No doubt, especially with all the success she's had with D/W and V/M these past many years. And D/W just announced that they are not competing next season, just as expected pretty much.
Naturally Marina is not going to say anything negative about her skaters, but she better be ready to put her money where her mouth is if she's going to continue saying such bombastic comments about S/K ("fastest couple", "best male dancer"). Realistically S/K have quite a ways to go to reach the level of V/M and D/W, but she's making S/K sound as if they are already legions better than the couples that have been world and olympic champions for many years. :rolleye:

Its called PR ;)

elif

Medalist
Marina is so desperate to be on top of the podium this year you can smell it.

I think she wants to prove herself she can be better than Igor who managed to get world title less than two years and one of the top coaches in ice dance again. Igor have two team in top 5. Zoueva with only Shibutanis (world number 6th) doesn't look good next to Igor at all.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think she wants to prove herself she can be better than Igor who managed to get world title less than two years and one of the top coaches in ice dance again. Igor have two team in top 5. Zoueva with only Shibutanis (world number 6th) doesn't look good next to Igor at all.

Precisely :)

kauh888

Rinkside
:thumbsup: Agreed, agreed. Both Nikita and Victoria and Marina have to prove themselves this next season.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
It is from ISU rules than Federation must allow a couple to compete at Grand Prix. Federation can choose teams for home Grand Prix.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?92396-GP-2014-15-Pre-Announcement-Thread

There is a thread about Grand Prix assignment...
Eligible for spots, but not guaranteed any:
•Comeback teams (1-6 at Worlds, last 10 Worlds): Priority consideration for up to two spots. None known.
•Split couples: (1-6 at Worlds, # of seasons unknown): consideration for up to two spots. Qualified from the last two seasons:
- Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
- Sinitsina/Katsalapov

thank you!

cebi26

On the Ice
In all of this I kinda feel bad for the Shibs, Marina is head over heels over S/K and is already putting all her eggs in that basket.

sisinka

Final Flight
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/717195
…6th of June
Marina Zueva: I am simply proud of working with such couple like Sinitsina & Katsalapov

She repeats that Nikita put his prize money into trainings, it speak a lot about him. It is incredibly interesting to work with them.

Zueva started to train Virtue & Moir since 2003, while the couple finished 7th at Junior Canadian Nationals.

Chock & Zuerlein began to work with Zueva in 2007, when they finished 5th in the Novice Division at US Nationals.
Since July 2011 Chock skates with Bates.

Shibutani are coached by Zueva since 2007/08 season, being the winners of Novice US Nationals.

I never find any info when Zueva started to coach Davis & White, but they were already in Zueva / Sphilband‘s group in 2005/06 season.

Plus Zueva trains many many other couples from different countries where figure skating and Figure Skating Federation doesn’t have such opportunity to support skaters a lot.
All those people who are not famous skaters yet and comes from not strong country have to pay her with their own money (from parents or money from shows).

All top skaters mentioned above (maybe with D&W like an exception) started to skate with Zueva when they just finished Novice competitions and their results in Juniors were none or not the best. I really doubt that US Federation would fully financially support or support at all such small kids, on the contrary I also heard that financial side for US skaters is even more tough then in Europe. So all those skaters had to pay money taken from parents or from prize money or money from galas (there are plenty of galas in US and even young skaters skates there, so I suppose it is paid sometimes).
Also Chock & Bates were hardly fully financially supported by US Federation in their first year together. So they both had to took their prize money and put it into skating.

Why Zueva says she doesn‘t know anybody else who would put money into his skating, I don’t know. I think that especially she is surrounded with many skaters who had to put a lot of own money into trainings with her. Why is only Nikita great person paying in such way, it is hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.