Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement?

Nah, I can't see Deividas retiring just yet. He's too good!

Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended. Maybe Stagniunas can skate with Heekin-Canedy if he's not retiring, although I'm not sure for where.

Maybe this is the Lithuanian Federation's masterplan. Get Isabella citizenship, and then split her and Deividas so that they could potentially have TWO good Dance partnerships rather than just the one!

And I like your suggestion of pairing Siobhan with Deividas. I've always had a soft spot for Siobhan (hey, she's got an Irish name, after all!), and I think Deividas is just the sort of person she needs to bring her up the pecking order.

Tobias/Tkachenko AND Heekin-Canedy/Stagniunas for Lithuania. Mmmm. That sounds interesting... :cool:

CaroLiza_fan

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder what's happening with Stagniunas, if Tobias is with Tkachenko. Retirement? Funny that Tobias just got Lithuanian citizenship and then the partnership with him ended.

Maybe he could skate with Puskas who is now also without partner!

alebi

Medalist
R/T no longer together... this is the best Easter surprise I received :laugh: sorry but I really couldn't stand them...
The Russian dance field is getting everyday more interesting, maybe they don't have a chance to win soon but if we think over a longer time I see more than a couple with a potential gold medal... and I'm pretty sure this is what that old fox named Tarasova also thought :rolleye:

Lota

Record Breaker
Is there any actual proof of this? I'm from Lithuania, so this subject interests me, but I haven't actually heard about anything like that. Isabella was really excited to skate for Lithuania, and their partnership always seemed to be warm and, well, kinda working. Also surprised about the R/T split, no idea what that's about :confused: This should really be renamed as the "Who is splitting" thread :laugh:

hanca

Record Breaker
Is there any actual proof of this? I'm from Lithuania, so this subject interests me, but I haven't actually heard about anything like that. Isabella was really excited to skate for Lithuania, and their partnership always seemed to be warm and, well, kinda working. Also surprised about the R/T split, no idea what that's about :confused: This should really be renamed as the "Who is splitting" thread :laugh:

She could have been excited skating for Lithuania; just the partner may be different. Maybe your country will end up with two couples instead of one!

temp

Rinkside

No proof. I saw info about Tobias/Tkachenko and Ryazanova/Guereiro on Russian skating board fsonline.ru, but the poster said specifically that these are rumors. If anybody has better info, pls post. There were rumors earlier this year that Tkachenko will be retiring after this season, and Ryazanova recently started posting pics with Guereiro - old and new - on her Instagram.

sisinka

Medalist
http://itar-tass.com/sport/1134406
...Marina Zueva's interview...
“There was no agree on about it, so I was surprised when Nikita called me and asked me to come. Here they will be until 12th of May. But it is important to say that it is just a tryout – they are here to evaluate their potential. I have many couples who want to try their power to look on.“
“They train in awesome way. Just if all would work like that. A couple is beautiful. But to make any conclusion after one week – it is not possible. “

Well, I don’t really know what to say. UNTIL 12th OF MAY, really????
What does it mean? 4 weeks of tryout? Whole one month until Nikita will come back and say: “Yes, I really want to skate with Vika!“ or “You know, I changed my opinion (once again), I want everything back!“
My feelings towards Nikita were not very positive thanks to the fact HOW he left Lena, HOW he got rid of Ruslan, and together with Viki HOW they behaved since World Champs has finished.
But this is over all expectations. Russian Federation allowed three weeks…and suddenly Marina Zueva comes with four weeks, for sure with an agreement or even wish of Nikita & Victoria. Russian Federation gave time to Nikita to think about everything and realise how whole situation looks like – if he really wants to destroy two of three top Russian couples, or if he realise that it was a nonsense and come back to Lena. How generous for Nikita. And how ugly towards Lena and Ruslan, because while dear Nikita will think about his inner feelings, both Lena and Ruslan have to wait until mister Nikita decide if YES or NO.

How do you want to concentrate fully on your practise, choreography etc…while you have 90% chance to skate with new partner, and 10% chance to skate with old partner. The same for both Lena and Ruslan. While Nikita and Victoria are in much more comfortable position – I am sure that in this moment they know on 80% if they will skate together or not, next week they will know it on 100%. But of course they will tell their final resume after coming back to Moscow – around 13th of May.
So Lena and Ruslan will stay in vacuum for one month and half….without knowing who they will skate with. I stop believing Nikita that this was not planned. I start to think that he tries to make elongation of this situation as long as possible…to destroy another couple who looks to be a rival for him.

Russian Federation has some rule that all changements must be solved until 31st of May, but it certainly doesn’t mean that all this must be solved in last possible day – 31st of May. I would be very pleased if Russian Federatio start to use their brain and stop this vacuum situation – this is not nice to Lena and Ruslan – this is awful.
Tatiana Tarasova told about a split: “It is a gift by the wide Russian soul to the whole world.“ She was right. Nikita gave the biggest gift to whole skating world in all Russian Ice Dance history….but everything has its barriers.

And Zueva helping this crazy thing and saving poor Nikita in front of whole world giving him more time… She is a great coach from old Russian school. No top Russian coach wouldn’t say that a tryout must last four weeks to answer the question about compatibility. Of course if a couple will win some medals, this is a long journey and it is not possible to answer on it until competitions. But this is not a question for tryout. Tryout is about compatibility...which is not a work for one month.

(That cute Zueva’s note about: “If all couples would train so much“…serious? Who in her camp is training less? Meryl & Charlie? Hilarious. Shibutani? Come on. Maybe she talked about Tessa & Scott? A Revenge?) And how about Zueva’s feelings towards Lena & Ruslan, no understandment for their vacuum situation? She knows for sure that this is as much uncomfortable for them as possible.

bramweld

Record Breaker
http://itar-tass.com/sport/1134406
...Marina Zueva's interview...
“There was no agree on about it, so I was surprised when Nikita called me and asked me to come. Here they will be until 12th of May. But it is important to say that it is just a tryout – they are here to evaluate their potential. I have many couples who want to try their power to look on.“
“They train in awesome way. Just if all would work like that. A couple is beautiful. But to make any conclusion after one week – it is not possible. “

Well, I don’t really know what to say. UNTIL 12th OF MAY, really????
What does it mean? 4 weeks of tryout? Whole one month until Nikita will come back and say: “Yes, I really want to skate with Vika!“ or “You know, I changed my opinion (once again), I want everything back!“
My feelings towards Nikita were not very positive thanks to the fact HOW he left Lena, HOW he got rid of Ruslan, and together with Viki HOW they behaved since World Champs has finished.
But this is over all expectations. Russian Federation allowed three weeks…and suddenly Marina Zueva comes with four weeks, for sure with an agreement or even wish of Nikita & Victoria. Russian Federation gave time to Nikita to think about everything and realise how whole situation looks like – if he really wants to destroy two of three top Russian couples, or if he realise that it was a nonsense and come back to Lena. How generous for Nikita. And how ugly towards Lena and Ruslan, because while dear Nikita will think about his inner feelings, both Lena and Ruslan have to wait until mister Nikita decide if YES or NO.

How do you want to concentrate fully on your practise, choreography etc…while you have 90% chance to skate with new partner, and 10% chance to skate with old partner. The same for both Lena and Ruslan. While Nikita and Victoria are in much more comfortable position – I am sure that in this moment they know on 80% if they will skate together or not, next week they will know it on 100%. But of course they will tell their final resume after coming back to Moscow – around 13th of May.
So Lena and Ruslan will stay in vacuum for one month and half….without knowing who they will skate with. I stop believing Nikita that this was not planned. I start to think that he tries to make elongation of this situation as long as possible…to destroy another couple who looks to be a rival for him.

Russian Federation has some rule that all changements must be solved until 31st of May, but it certainly doesn’t mean that all this must be solved in last possible day – 31st of May. I would be very pleased if Russian Federatio start to use their brain and stop this vacuum situation – this is not nice to Lena and Ruslan – this is awful.
Tatiana Tarasova told about a split: “It is a gift by the wide Russian soul to the whole world.“ She was right. Nikita gave the biggest gift to whole skating world in all Russian Ice Dance history….but everything has its barriers.

And Zueva helping this crazy thing and saving poor Nikita in front of whole world giving him more time… She is a great coach from old Russian school. No top Russian coach wouldn’t say that a tryout must last four weeks to answer the question about compatibility. Of course if a couple will win some medals, this is a long journey and it is not possible to answer on it until competitions. But this is not a question for tryout. Tryout is about compatibility...which is not a work for one month.

(That cute Zueva’s note about: “If all couples would train so much“…serious? Who in her camp is training less? Meryl & Charlie? Hilarious. Shibutani? Come on. Maybe she talked about Tessa & Scott? A Revenge?) And how about Zueva’s feelings towards Lena & Ruslan, no understandment for their vacuum situation? She knows for sure that this is as much uncomfortable for them as possible.

Sisinka, all this is code for "they do not look remarkable together as a pair, but they are pretty to look at". The federation had an independent expert look at I/Z, they were pleased. With I/K and S/Z they were able to easily get three spots for next years worlds. I am certain with the motivation and team they have I/Z and B/S can do likewise. They have other pairs in the junior team coming up who will be promising. Nikita sounds like a flake of a character. If I were the fed I'd endorse I/Z and let S/K fend for themselves.

LOL at Marina's comment about how they work, what she's saying is that they are frantic, manic. The pace at which they're working cannot be sustained. Why do they feel the need to do this? Only they know.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
the Fed are giving S/K more time as I think they do have a good potential together
we will know after 4 weeks how their techniques are compatible, they already have the looks to be successful,
a beautiful attractive couple

elif

Medalist
the Fed are giving S/K more time as I think they do have a good potential together
we will know after 4 weeks how their techniques are compatible, they already have the looks to be successful,
a beautiful attractive couple

Unfortunately for them all top ice dance couples are very attractive, some of them even more blonde than Sinitsina. :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Unfortunately for them all top ice dance couples are very attractive, some of them even more blonde than Sinitsina. :laugh:

Im not saying that just because they are blonde
overall Sinitsina / Kataslapov will have a better suited look together compared to Ilinykh / Zhiganshin

temp

Rinkside
Sisinka, all this is code for "they do not look remarkable together as a pair, but they are pretty to look at". The federation had an independent expert look at I/Z, they were pleased. With I/K and S/Z they were able to easily get three spots for next years worlds. I am certain with the motivation and team they have I/Z and B/S can do likewise. They have other pairs in the junior team coming up who will be promising. Nikita sounds like a flake of a character. If I were the fed I'd endorse I/Z and let S/K fend for themselves.

LOL at Marina's comment about how they work, what she's saying is that they are frantic, manic. The pace at which they're working cannot be sustained. Why do they feel the need to do this? Only they know.

Thanks, I did not figure this out, must be very naïve!

hanca

Record Breaker
Im not saying that just because they are blonde
overall Sinitsina / Kataslapov will have a better suited look together compared to Ilinykh / Zhiganshin

Luckily, it will be the skills that will win it for I/Z, if (in your eyes) their look is not good enough!

hanca

Record Breaker
we'll see how they do in skating skills and if Ruslan can do proper underhead lifts ;)

Of course he can. He did it with Victoria and now he has smaller and lighter partner... It is Katsalapov who will need all his muscles, with a taller partner than he had before.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Of course he can. He did it with Victoria and now he has smaller and lighter partner... It is Katsalapov who will need all his muscles, with a taller partner than he had before.

Sinitsina is thinner than Elena

haven't seen Ruslan do complicated lifts like I/K did
Nikita is taller and has sturdier built now than Ruslan

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Elena is good but her skating skills arent that great as some would say, she bends like a hunchback to power her edges
I would say Proklova has the best skating skills by far

elif

Medalist
Sinitsina is thinner than Elena

haven't seen Ruslan do complicated lifts like I/K did
Nikita is taller and has sturdier built now than Ruslan

I liked their SD lift. Very hard entry and he didn't got support of shoulders like most of the teams are doing this day. You can see same position for Ilinykh/Katsalapov at their combination lift.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Elena is good but her skating skills arent that great as some would say, she bends like a hunchback to power her edges
I would say Proklova has the best skating skills by far

Several people have said Elena brought the spark to I/K's partnership. I will not be surprised if she brings it along with her and Ruslan.
Katsalapov is the one who was technically behind Elena, based on how much he botches the twizzles. Who knows, maybe pairing with Victoria will be a good thing for him.

Alexandra has excellent edges and skating skills, but she is a singles skater for now. I'm confused as to why you bring her up?

Status
Not open for further replies.