Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Russian Federation is trying to save face and doing so very poorly. They handled this mess badly from the start. With the inordinate amount of pressure on them at such a young age and the both of them really being so fragile emotionally something like this was bound to happen. They need to learn from all this to treat their athletes a little less like cattle. Lena and Nikita just needed time and space to develop naturally without all and sundry pulling out their hair. They should have been left quietly with Zhulin to prepare. Instead they got their OM and crushed athletes as a result. The only thing that is left to do to salvage the situation is to let them go in peace and resolve never to create such a fiasco again.

bramweld

Record Breaker
You omitted the best part of that article. That Plushenko is officially confirmed as part of the team and apparently he will be back on the ice training for the new season in June.

Now this from a federation that wants to be taken seriously:rofl:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Domnina and Shabalin were a part of the team after Vancouver too. Retirees don't automatically get booted off the team.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Domnina and Shabalin were a part of the team after Vancouver too. Retirees don't automatically get booted off the team.

Right and the essentially crippled Shabalin did not set another blade on competition ice. I wonder if this was simply done to ensure that he had a salary of some sort? The russian fed is a classic I must say. Classically hilarious.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
That he knows that people don’t like his new partner Viki, but until later (for the time being - looking into a dictionary for translation) he will be in couple just with her. He wishes Lena a success in a couple with Ruslan. He hopes that they (Lena & Ruslan) will find an understanding between them and a support for each other.
There are talks at Russian Forum about many things, but last day people started to disccuss even so crazy things about who is more / better build. Also for them Nikita had an answer on his instagram/webstagram page with shirt off clenching all his muscles.

Well I can't really say I like either of them. Apparently Sinistina did to her partner just what Katsalapov did to Ilinykh (splitting out of the blue), which doesn't endear her to me at all. Thanks for the summary, sisinka. From the interview, he sounds like a somewhat conceited guy*, and I don't appreciate his shirtless humour, if humour it was meant to be. I'll try to separate what I'm hearing about them from their performance when (and if) I see them on ice, but at the moment I'm fullheartedly in team Ilinykh/Zhiganshin. Originally I was unhappy about the splits, but now I wish the Federation would just approve of them and leave it at that. I can't imagine the original couples ever skating comfortably together, with a breach of trust like that.
(*Actually, now I'm startting to wonder - did he really say that people don't like his new partner, or the fact that he skates with a new partner? that would make quite a difference for me)

elif

Medalist
There are talks at Russian Forum about many things, but last day people started to disccuss even so crazy things about who is more / better build. Also for them Nikita had an answer on his instagram/webstagram page with shirt off clenching all his muscles.

What a PR work from Zoueva:laugh: He can't be that immature, can he?:laugh:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
The guys are posting shirtless photos to show off who is more muscular? :eek:

Is this a first in ice dance? :popcorn:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Shirtless Picture of Nikita posted in his instagram: http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-ash/10251444_274416869406056_749491645_n.jpg

we cannot deny he is far more good looking and better built than Ruslan Zhiganshin, who needs to eat more to get muscles and get a more manly look not boyish
Nikita also posted some from his car, looks like a Ken doll :) http://photos-e.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-ash/10261314_1804527703020812_1606194321_n.jpg

looks alone, Nikita is muscular and Victoria is a blonde bombshell
Ruslan and Elena already lost in the looks and beauty department

it will be on technique both couples will battle who will be more compatible and adjust better

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Nikita does appear to have a decent physique, sky_fly.

But who knew Russian ice dance was going to become a bodybuilding competition? :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
like I said, no contest, Nikita is the better built: http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-ash/10251444_274416869406056_749491645_n.jpg
Zhiganshin wont have this type of body for sure:
there was also a Ruslan shirtless picture I cant find it on his instagram for comparison

Maybe Ruslan took it down because he couldn't compete with Nikita's physique? ;)

I thought Nikita looked a bit small on the ice at times, but he seems to be very muscular. We have to remember though that because athletes have very little body fat, even the smaller and thinner ones will appear to have big muscles because their muscles are all showing. So photos can be a bit misleading until you see the athletes in person.

But good for Nikita so far.

hanca

Record Breaker
Maybe Ruslan took it down because he couldn't compete with Nikita's physique? ;)

I thought Nikita looked a bit small on the ice at times, but he seems to be very muscular. We have to remember though that because athletes have very little body fat, even the smaller and thinner ones will appear to have big muscles because their muscles are all showing. So photos can be a bit misleading until you see the athletes in person.

But good for Nikita so far.

I thought that we have agreed that the results will be about skills, not their face or size of their muscles... All those muscles are not going to help Nikita with his twizzles...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I thought that we have agreed that the results will be about skills, not their face or size of their muscles... All those muscles are not going to help Nikita with his twizzles...

but Ruslan needs muscles to lift Elena,
Ruslan never did any difficult lifts with Victoria who was thinner than Ilinykh

hanca

Record Breaker
but Ruslan needs muscles to lift Elena,
Ruslan never did any difficult lifts with Victoria who was thinner than Ilinykh

Elena is now on a diet, as we learned from interview. She already lost some weight and apparently looks nice and trim!

Status
Not open for further replies.