Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
Just when I start to follow figure skating because of them, they want to split :disapp:
To top this, Elena deleted her instagram (Edit: oh no, she just changed the name). I am so fascinated by her, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
:cry:

Interview with Nikita after short dance, can someone translate? http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/698523

elee63

Final Flight
I'm not talking about Elena. I'm talking about all the people who call her the Olympic Champ.... kind of weird. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned to wrap my brain around the idea that a Team Medal isn't an Individual accomplishment.

Anyway, I&K will most likely medal big time at Worlds too, so they would still be highly accomplished skaters even if they retired this season. If Elena wants to do something else with her life, go for it.

And now they don't even have another medal.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You know, this would make a great movie. Promising skating pair. She and their coach are dating. They go to the Olympics and win a bronze medal. She decides she's had enough; she wants to lead a "normal life" (divas often have this fantasy--until they actually start living one). In retaliation, the male partner secretly -- and deliberately -- screws up on an important element at the most important competition of the year and they finish 4th, missing a medal by miniscule points. Final shot: medal ceremony. Three happy teams on the podium. Cut to backstage area where said couple is watching the awards ceremony on a screen. Camera pans to her face. She's crying. Camera pans to his face. He's got the faintest hint of a malicious smile on his face.

Fade to black.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You know, this would make a great movie. Promising skating pair. She and their coach are dating. They go to the Olympics and win a bronze medal. She decides she's had enough; she wants to lead a "normal life" (divas often have this fantasy--until they actually start living one). In retaliation, the male partner secretly -- and deliberately -- screws up on an important element at the most important competition of the year and they finish 4th, missing a medal by miniscule points. Final shot: medal ceremony. Camera pans to her face. She's crying. Camera pans to his face. He's got the faintest hint of a malicious smile on his face.

Fade to black.

Awesome movie. But I don't think Nikita is that malicious. :slink:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You know, this would make a great movie. Promising skating pair. She and their coach are dating. They go to the Olympics and win a bronze medal. She decides she's had enough; she wants to lead a "normal life" (divas often have this fantasy--until they actually start living one). In retaliation, the male partner secretly -- and deliberately -- screws up on an important element at the most important competition of the year and they finish 4th, missing a medal by miniscule points. Final shot: medal ceremony. Three happy teams on the podium. Cut to backstage area where said couple is watching the awards ceremony on a screen. Camera pans to her face. She's crying. Camera pans to his face. He's got the faintest hint of a malicious smile on his face.

Fade to black.

:laugh: who cares ? Sinitsina will wipe the floor with Nikita
Ilinykh has nothing on Sinitsina, she is prettier too

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
That was such a bad error in the SD maybe she is best shot of Nikita. He always makes the error. It was his wobble that brought her down at the Europeans.
Gutted for them.

sisinka

Medalist
Back on topic.
Any update on I&K? :scowl:

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/698530
Interview which points that Nelli Zhiganshina, Ruslan’s sister, is the only one who agrees to tell something more about the situation. She tells how that information about a split got to Ruslan – he was told by some skater, not by Victoria. She says that Ruslan is very brave, he fights for good result at this World Championship, she says that it is a very hard situation for Ruslan of course.
She is asked about the fact that an information about splitting couples is not official – she answers that everybody believes it, but in the same time they doubt about it, but there is no fire without a smoke. But it can also be a plan from somebody to put bad lights on those two couples – to make their marks lower (which obviously didn’t happen).

So, Nelli didn’t help much…they all believe and they all doubt in the same moment.

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/698523
Nikita’s answer is much more simple, he says that it is not important what talks go around them, that there is no time to think about such talks …and when he is directly asked about a split, he says: “No comment!“

bramweld

Record Breaker
Any skater looking on should take this as a lesson. Run as far away as possible from Morozov:jaw:

Nikita has a problem with Lena being technically more secure than himself. It creates a psychological stress that he cannot cope with. He needs to be at all times the dominant partner. And Elena just doesn't have the smarts to play dumb enough for him ALL the time. Zhulin had mentioned it in an interview when he was working with them. Nikita just feels the need to always be better than her both artistically and technically, he cannot just sit back and be proud of what she brings to the pairing. Consequently, you have tensions which may subside but are always present. So given everything else it is really a miracle that they lasted this long. I wish both of them more peaceful partnerships in the future. The one I feel the most for though is Ruslan:cry:

sisinka

Medalist
Any skater looking on should take this as a lesson. Run as far away as possible from Morozov:jaw:

Nikita has a problem with Lena being technically more secure than himself. It creates a psychological stress that he cannot cope with. He needs to be at all times the dominant partner. And Elena just doesn't have the smarts to play dumb enough for him ALL the time. Zhulin had mentioned it in an interview when he was working with them. Nikita just feels the need to always be better than her both artistically and technically, he cannot just sit back and be proud of what she brings to the pairing. Consequently, you have tensions which may subside but are always present. So given everything else it is really a miracle that they lasted this long. I wish both of them more peaceful partnerships in the future. The one I feel the most for though is Ruslan:cry:

I don't remember that Zhulin would say anything like that, so I don't know...but I know that Zhulin told that while Lena needs strict coaching (not too many compliments) not to behave like star, Nikita needs more compliments (like Kostomarov) to feel comfortable and skate well. Strict coaching can be forbidden if a girl date her coach. And compliments to Nikita can be also forbidden if you have your girlfriend on the ice and she needs to hear that she is the best on the world.

Nikita wanted to split even before (I don't know if the rumour is true and I am not 100% for a possibility that he came with this idea this time, but who knows), but the reason was not "on ice". He is not good in twizzles, but he does all work in lifts, he keeps and improves the speed of whole couple, he had more difficult chore...so he is really a leader on the couple, but he looses twizzles too often.

Alba

Record Breaker
I&K splitting
B&S not competing and this was their last competition together.
Shib's splitting
S&Z splitting.
P&B last competition

and according to Italian Eurosport, the're still waiting for confirmation from other couples (USA and Canada), most probably splitting after the wordls.

Ice Dance Horror movie.

Macassar88

Medalist
I&K splitting
B&S not competing and this was their last competition together.
Shib's splitting
S&Z splitting.
P&B last competition

and according to Italian Eurosport, the're still waiting for confirmation from other couples (USA and Canada), most probably splitting after the wordls.

Ice Dance Horror movie.
Bobrova and Soloviev are splitting?!? I always remember Zhulin saying that they were shooting for 2018!

sisinka

Medalist

I agree.
But like Alexander Gorshkov said the Russian Federation didn't get any letter about splitting and Gorshkov thinks that such decision can't be made without an agreement of Federation (they are those who support also financially whole Russian Team). If I&K can't stay together, OK. But I think that forcing S&Z to split is the most stupid thing, they fit each other perfectly and frankly Ruslan is better dancers than Nikita in terms of dancing, as to lifts - I think that with Nikita looking on, Ruslan would promise to spend few hours a day in gym to make bigger muscles to lift Victoria with ease to protect in front of splitting, because Ruslan's weaker lifts are the only argument against the couple, everything else is perfect for these two (and next year there will be one lift less). S&Z needs to be supported by Fedearation, not to be forced to split.

If Nikita wants another girl, there are many choices - Stepanova, Yanovskaya, all other junior girls, even Riazanova, Monko. And if he would like to something special and such "star manners" like Elena, I think that Zahorski is still free...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Bobrova and Soloviev are splitting?!? I always remember Zhulin saying that they were shooting for 2018!

Yeah that's news to me..

The Shibutanis retiring is not definite -- they only said they have not committed to continuing after this season...there's still a possibility they will change their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.