Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusyMom

Medalist
Whatever the truth is, attacking them for their appearances is a bit too much. People mostly would be more than happy to get half pretty faces and the bodies of these two young ladies.

emdee

Final Flight
This thread has certainly wandered over the past month.

Who knew it would end up discussing which Russian man has the best physique and which Russian woman is the heaviest? :frown:

When you bring sky fly into the equation this is what happens.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Whatever the truth is, attacking them for their appearances is a bit too much. People mostly would be more than happy to get half pretty faces and the bodies of these two young ladies.

It sounds like that's what Nikita has been doing. ;)

elif

Medalist
Mutko guy is the Russian sportminister :laugh:

How big this sitatuon in Russia?:laugh: I can't believe weeks after the break up Minister of Sport, still talking, still updating and still trying to calm peoples. Where is Putin?:laugh:

Only thing our Minister of Sports involved that much is our match fixing scandal (Turkey-Football):sarcasm: Good for this Mutko guy:laugh:

sisinka

Final Flight
Of course how the whole thing came out was unfortunate but I blame the gossips who leaked it out. Of course the best thing to do would be to let the season end then change rather than saying something mid season!

It was not mid season, it was less than one week before the end of season and even after finishing season – World‘s FD, Nikita didn’t say anything….he didn’t say anything even now after almost one month after finishing the season….so it looks like timing of a split info didn’t play any major role.

I think that if Nikita and Victoria both decided for whatever reason they didn't want to work with their partners anymore. For whatever reason that's their choice. It doesn't make them horrible people. People leave jobs all the time.

The way how they left their former partners and how they behaved after a split info came out was wrong. Main critic goes into that direction. Everybody believes that there were reasons for Nikita to leave Lena, problems occured not for the first time and throught all years Russian Federation or coaches tried to keep those two together. So, of course they are free to decide who to skate with. But partnership is about two people who are equal with each other. If you don’t want to skate with him/her – tell him and be frank – because your 50% percent of the couple deserves it. Without Lena Nikita would never achieve those medals and without Ruslan Victoria would be never in top 4 at European Champs and in top 7 at World Champs. Absolutely forgetting about partnership and leaving without warning or explanation and letting their former partners to wait without any guarantee abou their future is not making S&K top in other aspects that in skating.

Nikita lied about perfect Lena, then he refused to make comments during World Champ, after World's FD he waited until 4th of April and then he told Lena he was finishing with her (but no reasons added) and left. Victoria lied saying that there is no split and no changes, she made idiot from one of her coaches Alexeeva who told 3rd of April that everything is OK and there are no changes planned, then she left saying Kustarova she will skate with Nikita from personal reasons. Both of Nikita and Victoria never oficially confirmed that they want to skate together, but they asked Russian Federation… and they got one month with Zueva…until this time those two who had no idea about split – I&Z, but also their coaches (and who got no explanations from them) have to wait for especially Nikita’s decision.

People leave jobs all the time.

You are talking about job…if I try to apply this situation into job conditions…same news appeared about Nikita leaving his job, Nikita doesn’t want to comment and tries to look like nothing is happening, he is not able to explain to his co-worker (Lena) anything…so she believes that it is not so serious, not more serious than usually… then after almost week suddenly Nikita says unoficially to his co-worker that he doesn’t want to work with her, co-worker is shocked. From another corporation worker Victoria says to her boss (Kustarova) that she is leaving because she wants another co-worker – she wants Nikita, her previous co-worker (Ruslan) stays without explanation what happened – just personal reasons he heard about. And now both workers Victoria and Nikita leave to try in another corporation (boss Zueva), everything without any oficial info. OK, so workers Lena and Ruslan stayed alone without any co-worker, so they decided to try together. It goes well, they want to confirm their work to be able to fully concentrate on their new project….but a problem…Nikita has back door open, maybe he will work in new corporation with new co-worker (Victoria), but maybe superior corporation (Russian Federation) will persuade him to came back to his old co-worker (Lena), maybe he will want to come back to his former co-worker himself. Until this time Lena and Ruslan are stopped, so their common project which started almost three weeks ago is under press that maybe it will be destroyed.

Did you ever see that some employee would start new job with having space to come back to old job after more than one month and until this time all projects of his former co-worker would be stopped and taken not seriously until worker Nikita decides??? I don’t know anything like that. Once you leave your job, then you can’t have door open, once you start new job, you have to give 100% to your new job without jumping from one boss (from former corporation) to another boss (from your new corporation) and making them think that you are not sure yet about what will happen. I can’t find any example of this in job conditions.

Russian Federation really helps a lot to this poor situation. They are proving that they have no idea how to solve such situations, probably there would be very few people who would think that their behaviour is right. So some part of blame goes to their direction also.

Nobody wants to hear intimate details from Nikita‘s intimate life, this is his thing only (but of course showing shirtless picture talks about some sort of off ice exhibitionist), people were expecting profesional comments about the situation. People were expecting that the situation will be solved fast to give a possibility to sportsmen to prepare properly for next season. And personally I was expecting class and grown-up behaviour with making this situation straight for all people who were included. But thanks to Nikita & Victoria & Federation‘s behaviour, Lena and Ruslan stay in vacuum and wait for another people‘s decision…another people including those two who left them without any explanation.

Lets hope all the skaters do well and wish them the best.

I would like to wish all four to do well, but unfortunately Lena & Ruslan are not doing well, they are victims of this situation, until now they have absolutely no idea what will happen and what they will be forced to do (by Nikita, by Federation). Not fair and not equal conditions to all four skaters.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Wow. I was on vacation for 2 weeks, and still no new information... Same **** over and over again...
Any update from the US? What Zueva thinks? Is she enjoying to work with S/K, or is she screaming in horror?

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Alexeeva knew of the split and she said Victoria told her before worlds. Why she said what she said, who knows? I took Ruslan's retweet of that interview to be a passive aggressive poke at Sinitsina to make an official decision. He knows Sinitsina still follows him on twitter and they all follow each other on social media still.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Alexeeva knew of the split and she said Victoria told her before worlds. Why she said what she said, who knows? I took Ruslan's retweet of that interview to be a passive aggressive poke at Sinitsina to make an official decision. He knows Sinitsina still follows him on twitter and they all follow each other on social media still.
Oh my... At this rate I don't understand why Nikita and Vic haven't spared their ex partners already?! :unsure:

Lena and Ruslan need to move on! Why couldn't they choose a path for their own career just because of Nikita and Vic? Erase those 2 from their memory! I think Lena and Ruslan should ask Russian Fed to form them as a pair right away and forget Nikita and Vic, regardless of the result between those 2.

I don't think Lena and Ruslan care much about Nikita and Vic's ending. It's so obvious they want to move on. They are not extra partners for Nikita and Vic in case things does not go right.:mad:

uhh

Medalist

No she said she knew of the tryouts, but they didn't know what would happen until the week after worlds when Victoria took her things from their rink. And up til then Victoria herslef had said the media her plan was to carry on working with Ruslan.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?

sisinka

Final Flight
Abraxis12345 said:

No she said she knew of the tryouts, but they didn't know what would happen until the week after worlds when Victoria took her things from their rink. And up til then Victoria herslef had said the media her plan was to carry on working with Ruslan.

Exactly. There was notice about Alexeeva who knew about a tryout, not about a split. There are usually more tryouts if a skater looks for new partner.

sisinka

Final Flight
Oh my... At this rate I don't understand why Nikita and Vic haven't spared their ex partners already?! :unsure:

Lena and Ruslan need to move on! Why couldn't they choose a path for their own career just because of Nikita and Vic? Erase those 2 from their memory! I think Lena and Ruslan should ask Russian Fed to form them as a pair right away and forget Nikita and Vic, regardless of the result between those 2.

I don't think Lena and Ruslan care much about Nikita and Vic's ending. It's so obvious they want to move on. They are not extra partners for Nikita and Vic in case things does not go right.:mad:

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140407/741387775.html
...Lena’s interview…from 7th of April…
…“Now we started to train with Ruslan Zhiganshin, but nobody knows yet what will happen with this (if it will work).“

http://ria.ru/sport/20140407/1002804266.html#ixzz2yBYINEil
…Ruslan Zhiganshin’s interview…from 7th of April…
…“Today we both with Lena turn to Russian Federation with announcement that we will skate together. We will train in group of coaches of Alexeeva and Kustarova, where we trained with Vika. We had a tryout already last week.“
(Nikita told Lena on 4th of April, in that time probably Viki told Kustarova already …so a tryout was on 5th or 6th of April.)

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16830.html
…Alexeeva’s interview…14th of April…
“Practises of Lena and Ruslan are going very well. But they just begin – so it is too soon to judge. I can say yet that they are comfortable with each other, that they found a common language immediately. They have a common target – to win.“
When will Russian Federation announce final decision about I&K?:
“I have no idea, we would like to know it also. At least kids became a couple, they train, they work. And what Federation think about it – we don’t know.“
So you are in dependent situation until now?:
“I wouldn’t say so. We work. Federation got to know that kids became a couple and started with practises. Tomorrow a representative of Federation will come to us – to see kids. If he/she will come or not – I don’t know.“

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16853.html
…17th of April…Alexeeva’s interview…
“Mikhail Jurievich Stifunin liked everything (head coach of Russian Ice Dance), he complimented a couple and he plans to tell the head people of Federation about it. He was surprised how much well they look like – taking into account how short time they skate together. They already look like a couple! Particularly he was satisfied with dance of kids. Lena and Ruslan train in good mood, they try something themselves also. So a work goes in full speed. They (Lena and Ruslan) like it – and we like it also (coaches). Everything is interesting enought.“

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1020033869.html
Gorshkov’s interview from 22th of April…
...“A new partner of Ilinykh will be known in a month.“

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1020079792.html
….from 24th of April...
...Russian Federation‘s meeting…they don’t support a split if I&K and S&Z. Federation will return to this question after meeting all required procedures. Final resolution will be taken until 31st of May.

Visibly Lena & Ruslan try to forget about the past and move on and prepare for new season without crying over all circumstances, when it is obvious that both Nikita and Victoria are sure with skating with each other….but Russsian Federation doesn’t allow them to move on.

elif

Medalist
Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?

I lost all hope for modern music in ice dance. I always liked Kostner's version of Riders on the Storm (I even planned some lifts and twizzles in my head:laugh:) I still hope some ice dance team can skate with that in future but for some reason judges are not liking this type of music.

2013 Pechalat&Bourzat-Rolling Stones (3rd to 6th)
2011 Crone&Poirier-Eleanor Rigby (7th to 10th)
2009 Virtue&Moir- Pink Floyd (2nd to 3rd)
2008 Davis/White- Eleanor Rigby (6th to 7th)

I want some real dance (waltz, tango, rhumba...) with full of close dance moves, holds, steps for them but this is too challenging for a new team.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Actually, all Victoria said was that she doesn't know of any rumors around them (which was her version of Nikita's "no comment"). It was Ruslan who said their immediate plans were to continue training til May.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/1182_viktor...zhiganshin-vokrug-nashej-pary-nikakih-sluhov/

As for Alexeeva's comments here, it seems to me like all she is saying is that they (Nikita and Victoria) want to skate together, they should be the one to talk and to make the split official. She seemed to quite certain the split was final. And the fact that they got Ilinykh into their camp so quickly seems to indicate that there was enough certainty that the split was happening and Victoria wanted to leave that they needed to make a move and get Ruslan the best partner available at the moment.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16757.html

sisinka

Final Flight

Both couples were always concentrating on big drama and story of love. So I would go into opposite direction choosing some pure dance for free dance, but not typical ballroom, but some very light and fresh music, French Edith Piaf would be interesting also.

For short dance I would choose....Zorro... but wait, not that notorious known melodies (I guess that at least 10 couples will choose Zorro Soundtrack)...I would take a melody which is not on Soundtrack list...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sysna_pRmMg .

sisinka

Final Flight
As for Alexeeva's comments here, it seems to me like all she is saying is that they (Nikita and Victoria) want to skate together, they should be the one to talk and to make the split official. She seemed to quite certain the split was final. And the fact that they got Ilinykh into their camp so quickly seems to indicate that there was enough certainty that the split was happening and Victoria wanted to leave that they needed to make a move and get Ruslan the best partner available at the moment.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16757.html

Alexeeva told that Victoria took all her things from ice rink and told them she is going to skate with Nikita. If they give a call to Lena she told them that Nikita left her also....so I understand that they all thought that a split happened and there is no way back. Also I think that all coaches plus Lena and Ruslan expected that Nikita and Victoria already have a Russian Federation's agreement in moment when Nikita told Lena and Victoria took her things off the ice rink. Probably Alexeeva also called Russian Federation...and she was surprised that they knew nothing about it. It took another week until Nikita and Victoria put oficial request to Federation that they want to skate together - they did it on 11st of April (Lena was told by Nikita about a split on 4th of April).

sisinka

Final Flight
I want some real dance (waltz, tango, rhumba...) with full of close dance moves, holds, steps for them but this is too challenging for a new team.

Nobody will ask how long they skate together, judges and Russian Federation will look at their programs, nobody will forgive them easy programs (like I&K did). But they have nothing to loose. And Ruslan and Victoria were fully capable of close holds, difficult steps and dance moves and they were great in it. Lena and Nikita have great skating skills and maybe a wish and motivation to show who is better. With good training process both couples are capable to show good quality of programs and dances even first year. Victoria will learn Nikita and Ruslan will learn Lena how to skate in close holds and make difficult transitions. Lena will learn Ruslan how to spin better and make better twizzles, Victoria will learn Nikita better twizzles. Overall all skaters can improve and the result can be surprisingly good.

Remember Domnina & Shabalin, their first season together - they already had great synchro, they were fully a couple on 100% - and they won all juniors competitions Junior World Champs included, they qualified for European and World Champs and they skated very well there.

elif

Medalist
Both couples were always concentrating on big drama and story of love. So I would go into opposite direction choosing some pure dance for free dance, but not typical ballroom, but some very light and fresh music, French Edith Piaf would be interesting also.
[/url] .

Yes something light would be great, especially considering paso doble is our SD:) For to be in safe side I always liked Domnina&Shabalin's Waltz No. 2 interpretation. (Especially loved Shabalin:eek::) But they never skated good. I think waltz is good choice for a new team. Of course I'm biased.:laugh: My favorite programs from Virtue/Moir, Davis/White,Domnina/Shabalin is all waltz:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.