Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertskates

Medalist
I think both girls are equally gorgeous, each in their own ways.
What I'm excited about is seeing how each partnership develops and what they will put out there next year. I've not been the best at paying very close attention, but I'm kind of drawn in by this drama, and will definitely be watching more closely next year!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:laugh: sorry if it sounds insult, Vic is pretty but not memorable to me. I mean when I look at someone like Vic, I feel like: "Ok, pretty girl, but why do I feel like I have seen tons of faces like this before? Huh?"

I have already forgot her face. She doesn't have the aura that make people want to remember. Call that the diva aura or the attitude I don't know, but apparently I never care about ice dance before. After Sochi the only faces of ice dancers that are memorable to me are: Tessa, Meryl and Lena. All of them have dark hair. :rolleye:

Yes I know this sounds not right, but it's the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I see her picture. Just a pretty blondie but not special enough for me to remember. :laugh:

are you kidding ?
Elena and Victoria are pretty but Sinitsina has more of the in your face/diva look that will make her stand out more

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Just going to say this - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's as subjective as skating, and everyone will have their own opinions.

elif

Medalist
Why we are not creating new thread for skyfly? He/she can rave Sinitsina's big/tall body and blonde hair there :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
are you kidding ?
Elena and Victoria are pretty but Sinitsina has more of the in your face/diva look that will make her stand out more
Not kidding, I said I forgot her face already. Lots of blondie looks the same to me. I don't like stereotyping people, but's it's true that she is not memorable to me. ;)

I am not a fan of ice dancing (only follow the skaters), I only watch the ice dancing event because my friends asked me to watch with her. I don't event know Elena before Sochi at all.

When Elena and Nikita walked out to the ice for their short dance, I immediately noticed her. I don't think she is extremely beautiful, it's just she has something that makes me notice. Nikita is also handsome but personally I think he looks dull beside Lena.

There is something in Lena that is more memorable than Vic. Call it the "it factor" like Tessa or Meryl, as you want. I just think she is very memorable.

Just going to say this - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's as subjective as skating, and everyone will have their own opinions.

:clap: Another sane individual!! :) And since these boards are about skating....perhaps we can all just shelf the debate on who is prettier since it's so subjective anyways!

Personally, now that we've seen some pictures of I/Z.....I really hope we get some video clips soon; and that we get to see S/K! :) I'd like to get a good look at both of them and how they're currently doing. It'll be interesting to see how both teams shape up and shake out. Let's face it, one month is nothing with regards to keeping a relationship working in this sport - I wish them all the best; and can't wait to see and hear more!

Alba

Record Breaker
I just can't belive that we are still replying to Skyfly idiotic comments.
In my country we have a phrase for this situation, which might be translated as follows: one idiot throw a stone in a river and 100 wise people can't take it out.

Can we please, please, please, ignore her comments and this look subject and move on?! :bang:
Thank you. :)

joannix

Rinkside
:laugh: sorry if it sounds insult, Vic is pretty but not memorable to me. I mean when I look at someone like Vic, I feel like: "Ok, pretty girl, but why do I feel like I have seen tons of faces like this before? Huh?"

I have already forgot her face. She doesn't have the aura that make people want to remember. Call that the diva aura or the attitude I don't know, but apparently I never care about ice dance before. After Sochi the only faces of ice dancers that are memorable to me are: Tessa, Meryl and Lena. All of them have dark hair. :rolleye:

I think I kind of agree with you but I´m not sure if "memorable" would be the right word to describe about what you´ve just stated. It happened to me when I saw Vika for the first time coz I just watch the quality and the personality of a dancer rather than looks and that´s why Ruslan got my attention.

joannix

Rinkside
Yes I know this sounds not right, but it's the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I see Vic picture: Just a pretty blondie but not special enough for me to remember. :laugh:

And frankly, if you show me a dozen of pictures of blondie models and Vic's pictures is in it, I would find it extremely difficult to remember who is who. They all look the same, this might sound uncomfortable to some people here. But it's true that, to me, lots of blondie look the same.:p

And science has stated that, most men are more attracted to brunette women than blondie. ;)

Just my 2 cents. Not that I don't like blondie girl. Gracie and Yulia are very memorable to me. And Wagner, who also happens to be blond.

Btw not all the blonde girls need to look the same :think: maybe all the ones you saw don´t look interesting in your eyes so that´s why you mentioned Gracie, Yulia and Ashley :biggrin:

joannix

Rinkside
I lost all hope for modern music in ice dance. I always liked Kostner's version of Riders on the Storm (I even planned some lifts and twizzles in my head:laugh:) I still hope some ice dance team can skate with that in future but for some reason judges are not liking this type of music.

2013 Pechalat&Bourzat-Rolling Stones (3rd to 6th)
2011 Crone&Poirier-Eleanor Rigby (7th to 10th)
2009 Virtue&Moir- Pink Floyd (2nd to 3rd)
2008 Davis/White- Eleanor Rigby (6th to 7th)

I want some real dance (waltz, tango, rhumba...) with full of close dance moves, holds, steps for them but this is too challenging for a new team.

Actually it makes me so sad the lack of appreciation from the jugdes when it comes to modern music in Ice Dance :no: but whatever they think..evaluate or score it doesn´t make to value that kind of music genre so those examples you posted will last in memory for very long time :cool:

Btw I think you are mistaken about the order of placements in Davis/White :p

bramweld

Record Breaker
Do we really have to wait until control rentals to see these new teams? We've at least seen pictures of I/Z has anyone seen pics or seen S/K?

sisinka

Final Flight
As for the article, Marina says they look like they have been skating together for a long time. I think we'll soon hear that Marina will be their coach and they will get the funding for it.

Not really, Marina says that she likes to work with them, that they work together (Marina and S&K) for two weeks and she already feels like they would train with her for a long time. (She used to say "us", not "them" like S&K themselves, but all three together).

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Wow. I was on vacation for 2 weeks, and still no new information... Same **** over and over again...
Any update from the US? What Zueva thinks? Is she enjoying to work with S/K, or is she screaming in horror?

Answer to myself.

Zueva: It is a pleasure to work with this couple (S/K). It's only been two weeks since our first training session, and it seems that the train for a long time. This is because guys are very workable and purposeful. But most importantly - style. It should not just be found, and arise, form. It takes time, though now I can see the image, which can associate this pair - it is very bright. Vika eyes - like two blue lake. This is a classic and very Russian couple. But the image - is also a job.

Source (also more information): http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140427/743911057.html

Sorry for google translate. Do not have time to translate this myself :)

I guess it's safe to say Zueva wants them pretty bad.

sisinka

Final Flight
that put a nail in teh coffin for I/Z, no way now they can compete with S/Z
they won in the looks now seems Marina approves and they are doing good technically

You must read properly. Zueva says that a possibility to get speed is phenomenal. But in the same time she says that speed is not all figure skating, but that physiology of the couple is exceptional - long legs, working knees.

It means that Zueva says that they have speed, but this is not all. The second sentence is quite confusing, while she says that they have great possibility of speed, but then she explains it with long legs!!! (and knee's work also). Does she really thinks that long legs means speed? Irina Sthork? Charlene Guignard?

BlackPack

Medalist
Seeing Sinitsina's skating in her recent Worlds LP didn't impress. Zueva talks about height being a potential generator for speed, but so many factors go into speed. Domnina and Shabalin and Bestimianova and Bukin were tall skaters and also incredibly fast and powerful. Sinitsina really looked like a run-of-the-mill skater. Average twizzler, so-so knee bend/stroking, and her expression isn't earth-shattering.

elif

Medalist
I don't see the same posture like Bobrova had/has. And like somebody noticed Sinitsina and Yanovskaya already learnt good postures. While Bobrova still struggles with her posture even under Zhulin.

They still have shadows of that bend. Only time I see Sinitsina/Zhiganshin (him too) straight, is their twizzles.:eek: Better than Bobrova, still :eek:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
There is still quite a bit of bend in young Kustarovas posture especially compared to the other Soviets. And she can't have been only 14 here (her birth year is 1976)? She looks to be 16/17 at least.

I find Sinitsina to be a fairly limited performer. She only works well as the object of the male partner's desire so Zoueva will probably give them a VM/GG romantic style. Elena, Nikita, and Ruslan are much more varied performers. If they gave Elena and Ruslan Nelli and Alex's socialite/nerd programs, it could work and an Anissina Peizerat type program could work just as well.

One more thing: I think whoever wins will be whoever of the four is the best skater. Navka and Fusar-Poli showed us that a truly great skater can take a mediocre partner very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.