Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/698530
Interview which points that Nelli Zhiganshina, Ruslan’s sister, is the only one who agrees to tell something more about the situation. She tells how that information about a split got to Ruslan – he was told by some skater, not by Victoria. She says that Ruslan is very brave, he fights for good result at this World Championship, she says that it is a very hard situation for Ruslan of course.
She is asked about the fact that an information about splitting couples is not official – she answers that everybody believes it, but in the same time they doubt about it, but there is no fire without a smoke. But it can also be a plan from somebody to put bad lights on those two couples – to make their marks lower (which obviously didn’t happen).

I feel for Ruslan, that's not fair at all. He should've had the news from her at least. I wonder if their coach new anything.

Nikita’s answer is much more simple, he says that it is not important what talks go around them, that there is no time to think about such talks …and when he is directly asked about a split, he says: “No comment!“

Ok. Definitely true than.

Thanks sisinka.:)

Alba

Record Breaker
Bobrova and Soloviev are splitting?!? I always remember Zhulin saying that they were shooting for 2018!

They might be splitting but unless anything new they're most probably retiring.
Shibs are with a question mark.

Now I'm curious to know who are the other 2 couples, Canada and USA, that ITA Eurosport is talking about. They said they're waiting for confirmation.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Now I'm curious to know who are the other 2 couples, Canada and USA, that ITA Eurosport is talking about. They said they're waiting for confirmation.

my money's on the shibs and w/p retiring

g/p and c/b got together fairly recently and are on the rise and p/i are dating in real life so i don't see them splitting. meanwhile, the shibs keep getting hammered by the judges and flailing in the rankings while w/p are getting up there in age

unless the eurosport commentators are referring to v/m and d/w

Ilinykh has nothing on Sinitsina, she is prettier too

you have a seriously disturbing preoccupation with female skaters' looks. seek help

Nikita just feels the need to always be better than her both artistically and technically, he cannot just sit back and be proud of what she brings to the pairing.

that sounds so incredibly unhealthy, maybe they are better off without each other. why he feels constantly in competition with his own partner is baffling

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
No way in hell Bobrova and Soloviev are splitting. Who told you that? And they are definetely not retiring.
They withdraw from WC, but they only did it to make Dmitry's recover process go faster. Stop spread false 'news'.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Honestly, last night if Nikita did not take such a huge risk and come in so close to her, you can see it on the replay, they would be comfortably in front now! But he seems to have a difficult time reigning in his nerves and emotions...sad...just too sad.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Honestly, last night if Nikita did not take such a huge risk and come in so close to her, you can see it on the replay, they would be comfortably in front now! But he seems to have a difficult time reigning in his nerves and emotions...sad...just too sad.
Russian commenters said that Nikita's skate hit the crack in the ice. I'm rewatching their SD in slo-mo, and it looks like it can be truth. What do you think?

bramweld

Record Breaker
You mean from the beginning when they began (still too close) or while he was completing the first set? Oh boy, maybe we're making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I had hoped they would go out in style at the very least. I think they have split, Nikita's responses are not direct enough for me.

meteorlight8

Rinkside
Wow I feel really bad for Ruslan Zhiganshin now in light of Nelli's interview. That's a pretty dick move for Viktoria to not confirm anything to her partner even AFTER the news' been leaked. It's one thing to say no comment to the press (which let's be honest just means it's true anyway) but to not give your current partner the benefit of information at this crucial juncture is just ... not classy. I can't believe he's been able to put on the brave face he has with all the uncertainty floating about - respect. I'd feel terrible for Elena too if she did find out all this from the press, but I'm not so sure yet this wasn't a case of her choosing to retire. If she was blindsided though, Nikita's also going on my sht list.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Wow I feel really bad for Ruslan Zhiganshin now in light of Nelli's interview. That's a pretty dick move for Viktoria to not confirm anything to her partner even AFTER the news' been leaked. It's one thing to say no comment to the press (which let's be honest just means it's true anyway) but to not give your current partner the benefit of information at this crucial juncture is just ... not classy. I can't believe he's been able to put on the brave face he has with all the uncertainty floating about - respect. I'd feel terrible for Elena too if she did find out all this from the press, but I'm not so sure yet this wasn't a case of her choosing to retire. If she was blindsided though, Nikita's also going on my sht list.

Well, probably because that's not true? Time will tell.

Alba

Record Breaker
No way in hell Bobrova and Soloviev are splitting. Who told you that? And they are definetely not retiring.
They withdraw from WC, but they only did it to make Dmitry's recover process go faster. Stop spread false 'news'.

Take it easy and calm down. :popcorn:
I'm not spreading false news or true news. Just bringing here a report given by Eurosport.

As I already mentioned above Eurosport Ita said that: "unless anything new they're most probably retiring." Not because of his injury.
They said that the withdraw from WC is because of the injury. Apparently it's something they were talking since december 2013.
Again, according to Eurosport Ita.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They might be splitting but unless anything new they're most probably retiring.
Shibs are with a question mark.

Clearly they mean V/M and D/W, not anyone else. ;)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Take it easy and calm down. :popcorn:
I'm not spreading false news or true news. Just bringing here a report given by Eurosport.

As I already mentioned above Eurosport Ita said that: "unless anything new they're most probably retiring." Not because of his injury.
They said that the withdraw from WC is because of the injury. Apparently it's something they were talking since december 2013.
Again, according to Eurosport Ita.

Ok.
Now my report: Bobrova said today to 'Russia 2' that they will 'tear everyone down starting from the next season' and 'move only forward and higher for the next four years'. So please forgive me for believing Bobrova more than someone else. And stop with this questionable (at best) reports.
Sourse: http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...Bobrova-o-travme-Dmitriya-Solovieva?playeri=2
If it gets geo-blocked, use some russian proxy.

P.S. And now I really am sorry for my rudeness :) I just love them more than my wife (don't tell her), and it looks like I'm the only their fan on this forum.

Edit:
P.P.S. My blood is boiling rn :laugh:

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
thank you thank you thank you!!!!
such a good news that they're not splitting, I nearly had a heart attack just few minutes ago. It was like "what the heck!" I have Katya's instagram account - the one that Dima himself created for her not more than 1 month ago, she said she would start using it to share news about
THEM with people who care 0______0
I love them too, you're not alone. They are the best to me (well, after VM & DW retired, of course, hahaha)

Snow63

Record Breaker
thank you thank you thank you!!!!
such a good news that they're not splitting, I nearly had a heart attack just few minutes ago. It was like "what the heck!" I have Katya's instagram account - the one that Dima himself created for her not more than 1 month ago, she said she would start using it to share news about
THEM with people who care 0______0
I love them too, you're not alone. They are the best to me (well, after VM & DW retired, of course, hahaha)

Cool. We should combine our efferts on this forum. Some people just can't see the light :no:

Just kidding. But I'm glad I'm not alone.

sisinka

Medalist

I feel for Ruslan, that's not fair at all. He should've had the news from her at least. I wonder if their coach new anything.

The question is whether Victoria knows that it is going to happen for sure or if it is still in working process decision.

Russian couples sometimes split in a very strange way.
Romaniuta & Barantsev were forced to split even when they didn't want to. Nobody asked them, Russian Federation simply decided...and Barantsev was so angry about the situation that he went to America and found a partner there. I have a strange feeling that Sinitsina & Zhiganshin are forced to do this by Russian Federation as well and nobody askes them whether they want or whether not.

I can believe the story that Nikita is tired from making Lena comfortable all the time, while nobody is trying to make him comfortable also, and Nikita's behaviour on the ice is all the time about making Lena feeling great and beautiful...maybe he needs more fifty-fifty relationship with a girl who can take care about herself better. Also Lena's description of training with screaming that she wants THIS move and not THAT move and crying until boys - Morozov and Nikita - don't agree with her - if such situations are common than Nikita maybe is really tired of skating with Lena). But I don't agree with S&Z split. This couple never looked to be in such troubles in relationships and I never heard about anything bad between them. While I&K's splitting was every season on the table, and not only fans discussed it, but also people like Tarasova and some insiders, and it happened every year, so I believe that there are really problems in off ice terms between I&K. Past seasons Morozov also complained that couple didn't know how to behave, how to train, how to be more responsible.

So, if Nikita wants another partner, let's find some. But why to force S&Z to split...only because Russian Federation thinks that Victoria is a great dancer. Ruslan is not worse dancer than Nikita (in pure dancing he is even better), so even if Russian Federation would try to creat the most promising couple - Victoria and Ruslan would be much better choice than Victoria with Nikita.

sisinka

Medalist

Yes, Ruslan is in the most difficult situation. Russian Federation and especially Tarasova don't like him obviously and he has nobody behind his back to protect him. He is just on the beginning of his career like ice dancer and I must say that they are great couple with Victoria who look to rise into great top ice dancers (and in some aspects they already are one of best couples). It such situation he is able to dance like nobody else and their SD performance was great.

Alba

Record Breaker
Clearly they mean V/M and D/W, not anyone else. ;)

My mistake. He was not speaking about Ice Dance in this case.
The EurosportIta guy has a group about figure skating on FB. We are discussing a lot with him there, and I got mixed up with all those topics and comment there. :rolleye:
He's replying to our questions now and I just asked him for a clarification. About USA and Canada couples he is speaking about Pairs not Dance.
Apparently there is a lot of new movements in Pairs, and they're waiting for confirmations very soon after the WC.

For Shibs it's a question mark, but that's it. Not news I suppose.

About Elena he says that in his opinion she will leave figure skating, but there are rumours that the FED wants to find her a new partner.
If that's true, it is very interesting.

About Ruslan and Victoria he said that he heard this rumour for the first time by the end of december, and that it was confirmed to him early in February. So Ruslan might've heard something before.

@Snow63

Now my report: Bobrova said today to 'Russia 2' that they will 'tear everyone down starting from the next season' and 'move only forward and higher for the next four years'. So please forgive me for believing Bobrova more than someone else. And stop with this questionable (at best) reports.
Sourse: http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...ieva?playeri=2
If it gets geo-blocked, use some russian proxy

Thanks for that.
I'll pass this info. to them. :laugh:

P.S. And now I really am sorry for my rudeness I just love them more than my wife (don't tell her), and it looks like I'm the only their fan on this forum.

They're not my cup of tea but I don't hate them or dislake them, so I'm not your enemy. :p:laugh:

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
seriously, does Tarasova hate Alexeeva and Kustarova or what? Every students of them get the same ill treatment, first Boborva/Soloviev, then Monko/Khaliavi, now my babies Vika and Rusland too? and yes, you're right, Vika is much better than Lena, she can hold herself, and can help her partner on lifts too, not just lie in his arms and do nothing. Rusland is better than Nikita, at least in twizzles

Snow63

Record Breaker
They're not my cup of tea but I don't hate them or dislake them, so I'm not your enemy. :p:laugh:

Sorry again. I guess I got a little carried away :) And I forgot that I liked you yesterday) Poor me, old man. Not too old though, but still :laugh:

Thanks for that.
I'll pass this info. to them.
You have contacts in Eurosport Ita? wow :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.