2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'd like to see P/B wipe the floor with I/K. And heck, even C/L slip in for 2nd ahead of I/K too. Haha, I like all these teams but am still bummed for P/B from the "skating while Russian" epidemic in Sochi.

:agree: P/B for the win all the way!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Wow--only 20 (!) teams are going to clear through. Gonna be a lot of broken hearts today. Pairs and Dance always get the shaft. Tis a pity.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
So excited for this! Hoping for clean performances all around. Go S/S, C/L, W/P, P/B, A/E, G/P!!!!!

Yes, from a Canadian perspective it's interesting to see 2 of our teams in the Last Group. :)

W&P get to skate last, so they will begin Worlds as the final team the judges see in the SD. They have the chance to make an impact here.

And hopefully G&P will use the opportunity of skating in the Last Group by having a strong SD like they did at 4CC's. (And G&P are getting to skate 3 groups later than P&I, so it will be curious to see whether this gives them an edge).

enlight78

Medalist
I don't believe W/P have a shot at gold, won't be surprise if they are even off the podium

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
The Germans are skating well to Liza Minnelli. Good job from Kolbe and Caruso. Barbara Fusar Poli and Martin Skotnicky look pleased.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes, much better than at Euros, where Caruso was dubbed Butt Curtains (just for those who weren't on that thread).

Go Testa and Csolly--I would love to see your Addams Family FD again.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Reed and Rogov of ISR pick up speed during the Quickstep component of their short dance. Nice rotating lift to finish and we are done.

Good applause from the audience.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
What is the citizenship background of the Reed family that they can have skaters representing Japan and Israel? Just curious.

OOPS -- I guess I should say Georgia, too, since Allison represented that country, as well, I believe.