2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I do like that second podium you have there. All the best to Team Japan ladies! I hope Mao does a repeat of the exquisite program she did in Sochi, that's all I ask for at this point.

It will be so hard for her to repeat that, but this is also my biggest wish. No regrets.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't care about the placements because my dream scenario would be for Mao and Yulia to skate well. That is all I ask for. That said..if Yulia skates well and Akiko takes 3rd I could hardly be upset.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
About 7:20 am eastern time.

That sounds right for the last group; they seem to work out to 30-40 min each. When checking, I used the official start posted on the ISU site to come up w/ a time for those who wanted to watch from the beginning.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
And when top 3 gets 220 and higher at this world's, people will start feeling that Adelina's score wasn't that high... ISU's plan to keep people from saying "inflated scores".
All these scores are to cover up the inflated scores in Sochi....

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'd be fine with anyone on the top four getting podium. Mao, Caro, Yulia, and Akiko are all exquisite skaters, each with their unique merits.

I also hope Akiko had a very happy birthday!

TryMeLater

On the Ice
And when top 3 gets 220 and higher at this world's, people will start feeling that Adelina's score wasn't that high... ISU's plan to keep people from saying "inflated scores".

It's not inflation per se.
I remember the Euroosport guys telling during the Europeans that the judges were instructed to use the whole scale of PCS for ladies (just like they do for other disciplines) and not to cap them as they used to do.
So you will see a rise in PCS...

Jump

Rinkside

I think it's partly this and also wanting to bring excitement to the sport. World record being broken is exciting. Higher scores are exciting. Expect higher scores going forward.

pointyourtoe

On the Ice

I've long noticed that it's a trend in this sport for judges to get more generous with the PCS scores over time.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
I think it's partly this and also wanting to bring excitement to the sport. World record being broken is exciting. Higher scores are exciting. Expect higher scores going forward.

I agree with you on the excitement of breaking the world record. However, will you still be excited if the world record is broken every time by the judges not the skater? This judging system is so unstable and has no standard. Not to pick up on specific skater but What's up with Carolina Kostner's score on this competition compared to one in Olympic? They are the same but this one has three more score. Three more score is a lot. All the top single ladies broke their personal records. I agree that scores should increase over time, but it increases too fast and too much right now. You should agree with me if you are long time skating fan. I think they should change the grading system without anonymous judging and with stable and fair grading system. Moreover, we as a fan should look more on the artistry and performance itself instead of getting excited on the world record. If you are watching figure skating because of excitement of increasing the score or breaking the record, I don't think you are not appreciating figure skating enough. Furthermore, the sports like swimming, running, short track, etc has standard judging system, thus it provides the audiences with greater joy on breaking the world record.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The SP was one of the best competitions in recent memory to some. I'm not that old keep in mind. Can't we just let the judges do their thing and just enjoy the show? I hope the FS is half as good. Ill be content regardless of what the judges do.

In terms of excitement I'm all for it. Of course I want to see artistry. That said...I've followed every single one of Yulia's performances since Skate Canada and love that my heart races at every jumping pass. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate Akiko's far superior artistic presentation. It just means I love FS.

Go Mao and Go Yulia! Best wishes to the rest and all of their fans!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
The SP was one of the best competitions in recent memory to some. I'm not that old keep in mind. Can't we just let the judges do their thing and just enjoy the show? I hope the FS is half as good. Ill be content regardless of what the judges do.

In terms of excitement I'm all for it. Of course I want to see artistry. That said...I've followed every single one of Yulia's performances since Skate Canada and love that my heart races at every jumping pass. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate Akiko's far superior artistic presentation. It just means I love FS.

Go Mao and Go Yulia! Best wishes to the rest and all of their fans!

Agreed! We all have our favorites, but even if the judges under/overscore I always attempt to be happy for whoever wins, even if they weren't a personal favorite. I try to focus more on the skating than the scores anyway, personally. It's more fun that way.

ILuvYuna

On the Ice
I hope Caro breaks the FS world record, so that Mao and Caro both have a WR, and I hope they tie, and that all the tie-breakers fail, so that they share the title and both get gold medals :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I♥Yuna;899171 said:
I hope Caro breaks the FS world record, so that Mao and Caro both have a WR, and I hope they tie, and that all the tie-breakers fail, so that they share the title and both get gold medals :laugh:

^Yes!!!!