2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

Can't we just let the judges do their thing and just enjoy the show?

No.

The standard of judging in figure skating is pretty piss-poor and the judging system is still very undeveloped. Why accept this crap when we could be doing much better, with some effort?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
No.

The standard of judging in figure skating is pretty piss-poor and the judging system is still very undeveloped. Why accept this crap when we could be doing much better, with some effort?

Mainly because whining and complaining on an internet board won't change things. Might as well keep it fun and respectful (which some posters manage to do even when criticizing scores, others... less so).

Mainly because whining and complaining on an internet board won't change things. Might as well keep it fun and respectful (which some posters manage to do even when criticizing scores, others... less so).

I can totally understand thinking that it's a fight not worth fighting for but I could never pretend that things are ok when I think that they aren't. #powertothepeople

It might not change anything but it will at least release the pressure, which is clinically proven to have beneficial effects on your mental health. :cool:

And I wouldn't be that pessimistic. The only way anything ever changes is because somebody has conceptualised it raised it and then pushed for it.

titatovenaar

Rinkside
Skating is always going to be subjective regardless of the system used to judge it, and on top of that you have all the silly nationalism and/or fan-boys and fan-girls.

It's all useless wasted energy (at-least for a spectator), better to just enjoy the performances IMHO

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So we should be pretending that things are ok when they aren't? No, thanks. Come on, show some self-respect!

I would prefer that to everyone saying the sky is falling and trying to fix judging issues yet only based on Sochi or worse Adelina vs Yuna alone. Lame! Don't get me wrong it's quite comical and its free so ill be :popcorn: to no end!!

Maybe after tonight they will remember who Caro is! I'm pulling for Mao and Yulia but she could use some redemption too!!

Skating is always going to be subjective regardless of the system used to judge it, and on top of that you have all the silly nationalism and/or fan-boys and fan-girls.

It's all useless wasted energy (at-least for a spectator), better to just enjoy the performances IMHO

There will always be crime. It doesn't mean that the judicial system should be abolished. ;)

There's always room for improvement. ^^

CarneAsada

Medalist
I♥Yuna;899171 said:
I hope Caro breaks the FS world record, so that Mao and Caro both have a WR, and I hope they tie, and that all the tie-breakers fail, so that they share the title and both get gold medals :laugh:
^Yes!!!!
Doesn't the skater with the higher-scoring LP win the tiebreak? :cry: In any case it's high time Carolina set a WR to become the new target of some well-earned hatred and envy from the jealous ubers... whoops, I mean attention from ardent fans.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't the skater with the higher-scoring LP win the tiebreak? :cry: In any case it's high time Carolina set a WR to become the new target of some well-earned hatred and envy from the jealous ubers... whoops, I mean attention from ardent fans.

^:clap:

usethis2

Medalist
I♥Yuna;899171 said:
I hope Caro breaks the FS world record, so that Mao and Caro both have a WR, and I hope they tie, and that all the tie-breakers fail, so that they share the title and both get gold medals :laugh:

That would be fantastic in so many ways. I want to see that happening!

Edit: BTW, when does the FS begin? I am debating whether to watch live.

usethis2

Medalist
No.

True. Also true is that there would not be as much excitement if there wasn't a competition. (Gala, anyone?) A lot of people wouldn't be here talking if this event wasn't a competition. I don't know whether some folks are really that subordinate or twisted in some way.

We can celebrate the occasion and athletes' excellence, and discuss possible improvements at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm trying to decide now if I should sleep for a couple hours or tough it out and stay up 24hrs again. I got really loopy during the SP where I did stay up for 24hrs.

elee63

Final Flight
haha me too. I'm going to bed right now and waking up around 5ish. see yall in a bit.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Let's see if Polina can finally land that jump she fell on BOTH at Nationals and the Olympics

:laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
McCorkell has withdrawn, according to the official ISU page. Anyone know why?

I was about to post the same question. I feel bad for CaroLiza_fan! It just says " withdraws die to back"and google had nothing!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Jenna's withdrawn??? How awful! Isn't she retiring?

I was hoping to see her one last time, especially since she just didn't make it to the free in Sochi.