I wish Pogorilaya was in the 70's

That way:

group 2 are all in the 50's
group 3 are all in the 60's
group 4 are all in the 70's

Would've been so "neat".

elee63

Final Flight
Not just in Korea, look at Julia's for example, no one care to do the textbook layback anymore. It takes time and more effort to perfect the leg, not to mention how more difficult to find the balance. Gracie's layback is good though.

So a "textbook" layback dictates a freeleg, correct?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Canadian Ladies are bursting with energy. I love it.

Same generation and similar career so far. Did both pretty well at last years Worlds. 4CC podium. I like them both and somehow they are connected in my mind.

I like both the same and kind of lump them together myself for some reason. I hope Kanako stays around. I love her and can't imagine all three Japanese girls retiring. :mad:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
So Youn PARK (KOR)

Music: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Black open back dress w/ lots of blue sparkle

3Lz - solid
2A+3T
3F - also nice
StSq
3Lo
3Lz+2T+2Lo
ChSt - COE spiral, steps, fan
2A - ina bauer entry
LSp
3S+2T
FSSp
CCoSp

Wow! Just a lovely skate with 6 clean triples with lovely flow. She looks happy. Hopefully she'll place top 12 so South Korea keeps two spots

FS: 64.09+55.30 = 119.39 (PB), 176.61 (PB), in 1st (out of 7)

Psst... sequinsgalore, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini is by Rachmaninov the last time I checked.
Great job with all the summaries though, keep it up :) :thumbsup:

usethis2

Medalist
My phone woke me up
Alarm clock
Anything exciting?

Typing on a phone here I wonder what's going on

xabia

On the Ice
SOOO GREAT to see So Youn skate like that!!! She has better Lutz and and 2A-3T than ladies of group 4!:love:

You're so right! If she was in the last group she'd be up there with the top three. I think we've just seen a future world champ.

cooper

Medalist
Yuna can breathe a sigh of relief finally another Korean girl to take up the mantle so they don't try to drag her back on the ice in 2018.

i bet yuna is awake.. and cheering for her and screaming while eating her favorite bread.. :laugh:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Psst... sequinsgalore, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini is by Rachmaninov the last time I checked.
Great job with all the summaries though, keep it up :) :thumbsup:

I wondered about that too, but I just copy from the bios. Maybe he "performed" the version she is skating to?

tana

Match Penalty
You're so right! If she was in the last group she'd be up there with the top three. I think we've just seen a future world champ.

Without 3-3 in LP? I don't think so. She is good, but not that good yet.

DaveT

On the Ice
So a "textbook" layback dictates a freeleg, correct?

It does, leg should be turned out with foot parallel not perpendicular to the ice but no one has ever cared much about it in a very long time except some Americans who used to listen to our commentators harp about it. You see a good one once and a while but not often. Judges don't care either. It's been so long since anyone bothered and now it's all about levels, I bet some of these young girls don't even realize there's a correct way, they're just worried about getting their foot over their head.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

That was absolutely STUNNING. She has excellent musicality and good speed. Her spins are her weakest elements and need better positions and held longer, but WOW... a potential star is born here.

Those jumps! One of the best 2A+3T's out there, and great flow coming out of many of those.

Definitely one to watch and an arguably top 10-worthy skater.

zamboni step

Final Flight
That was absolutely STUNNING. She has excellent musicality and good speed. Her spins are her weakest elements and need better positions and held longer, but WOW... a potential star is born here.

Those jumps! One of the best 2A+3T's out there, and great flow coming out of many of those.

Definitely one to watch and an arguably top 10-worthy skater.

With the spins I think they were because she was tired, in the short her flying spin was decent and her combination was great. Her layback is weak though.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I just watched asadas sp (missed it yesterday) and I am in awe, it is so sad that she is retiring she is so awsome. I hope she will be as great today.