2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I'm actually contemplating purchasing a Rotorazer! Apparently it's the most cost efficient saw and I can even cut upside down with it for some reason that becomes necessary. Honestly is this infomercial always on?

I really need to figure out if I want to remove my Pop-Up blocker so I can meet Ana!! Must admit I've grown quite curious.

Don't give me ideas, I'm in the mood for vandalism.

auser

Record Breaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JUDGES FOR FS:

Noyes-AUS
Lundgren-USA
Krauziene-LTU
Lurz-Prott-GER
Benson-CAN
Leroy-FRA
Kliushnikov-UKR
Houwing-SWE
DeRappard-BEL

A balanced panel for a change!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is the only one in the top 6 with a judge from her own country.

roxella

On the Ice
Good luck to all the ladies!!!! But especially to So Youn Park,Mao and Caro! Go,girls!!:yay:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I skated myself 30 years ago. After 2006 Olympics was absolutely indifferent to the sport. Yulia brought the excitement back. I was literally crying seeing her skating. So my best wishes and hopes to her. However, got to admit that if Mao skates the same as in Sochi, she is going to have 150-152 and will be unreachable. And good luck to her as well. No wish for Yulia's victory at the expense of Mao. Carolina is very very nice but sort of standard. My "fair" podium: Mao, Yulia, Caro.

The same for me. I stopped watching after 2002 Olympics. And I was never a fan of ladies skating. And it was Julia who brought the excitement back!

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I like her European FS layout. I feel it was more balanced with the 2A-3T in the second half. I don't like the 2A-3T-2T right after 3Lz-3T.

Definitely. I understand why she wouldn't want to repeat that layout by choice because it very tiring. It's just too bad that the program looks better when a fluke happens and she moves it. I think she moved it twice last year and twice this season.

I said this in the SP thread but I'm not sure if anyone's looking at that one now. "When I was watching her program again today, during the slow-motion replay I noticed something that may be part of the reason why her jumps seem better. Did you see how her free leg extended on the landing of the triple-toe and the triple flip. It was basically at hip-level, close to it anyway. They added a greater sense of flow to the triples. I've always liked her 2Axel, but this one had the best flow and distance. Also, at competitions the commentators mentioned that her arc on the landing on the triple-triple was small; in comparison to Yuna's, they specifically said. Here, the landing arc was much wider than usual."

Krunchii

Record Breaker
It's starting in a few minutes, I'm so excited for Mao, Karolina and Akiko, hoping to see some beautiful clean skates tonight

aramina

Rinkside
Hoping and praying for everyone to skate their best, after all, what made the men's competition so exciting for me yesterday was seeing the top two skaters deliver the best performances they could, and to have that two nights in a row would be amazing!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three in a row if you factor in how well the top four skated in the ladies SP!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

zamboni step

Final Flight
Mao NEEDS to skate like Olympics but with a fully rotated 2A-3T and a tech panel that won't stupidly mark her 3-3 as UR when it isn't. If she does that she'll have all the world records I'd think. :biggrin: VERY exciting!!!

P.S Watching in HD on TV is pretty! :popcorn:

Kuan

Final Flight
So excited!!! Even for the first group! Tough it is freaky to see Valentina in the first group. Go Hae Jin!! :clap::clap::clap:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, the most exciting Ladies FS we have had in years is about to kick off!

So, like I did before the SP, may I take this opportunity to wish good luck to the skaters I normally support for the top positions - Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Carolina Kostner, Valentina Marchei and Julia Lipnitskaia.

As usual, though, I'm gunning for Mao to win the Gold! And after setting a new World Record score in the SP, I would not bet against her doing the same again today!

Unfortunately, Vale had a disappointing SP, and will be the first to start in the FS. But, I am sure she will be able to make amends in the FS, and climb up a lot of positions! ;)

As for the earlier starters, I again want to wish a special good luck to Switzerland's Anna Ovcharova. She made the brave decision to escape from the lion's den of Russian ladies skating, and it is now paying dividends. This is her first Senior World Championships, and she has got through to the FS already! A girl to watch for the future. ;)

I also want to wish good luck to the two Korean girls, Kim Hae-Jin and Park So-Youn, who are also competing in their first Senior Worlds. And also to Norway's Anne-Line Gjersem and the Czech Republic's Eliška Březinová (by the way, I was so sorry that her brother, Michal, had to withdraw from the Men's FS through injury. Get well soon Michal!)

Unfortunately, Jenna Mccorkell has had to withdraw from the Ladies FS due to injury (see this comment for the announcement, and my reply and tribute)

Good luck everybody

CaroLiza_fan

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Ice dance wore me out, but I wanted to stop in and wish luck to everyone and their faves. Hope I'll wake up to some standings I can smile about :)
Best of luck to Yulia, Mao, Caro, Akiko, and everyone else! They'll blow the roof off the place.

Sad about McCorkell. But she did what's best for her and I respect it.

gotoschool

Medalist

Thanks a million for the eurosport link. This is the first one that has worked for me.