2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

CarneAsada

Medalist
because KSU is run by bunch of idiots.. think of speedy.. but worst in decision making.. the lack of figure skating awareness.. and more busy doing photo ops in the airport..
I know they're horrible; that's why I say she can only trust Yuna. And possibly her coaches. And Hae-jin.

If there was no such thing as reputation in FS, So Youn would have won the gold, at least in my book.
You must be Korean :rofl:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Mao ASADA JPN 216.69 1 1 video
2 Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS 207.50 3 2 video
3 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 203.83 2 6 video
4 Anna POGORILAYA RUS 197.50 6 3 video
5 Gracie GOLD USA 194.58 5 7 video
6 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 193.72 4 8 video
7 Ashley WAGNER USA 193.16 7 4 video
8 Polina EDMUNDS USA 187.50 12 5 video
9 So Youn PARK KOR 176.61 13 9 video
10 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 172.44 10 10 video
11 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN 170.64 8 13 video
12 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 167.72 11 15 video
13 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN 164.78 14 11 video
14 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 162.91 15 12 video
15 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 158.72 9 16 video
16 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 157.64 22 14 video
17 Zijun LI CHN 150.34 16 17 video
18 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 145.15 24 18 video
19 Brooklee HAN AUS 144.28 18 19 video
20 Anna OVCHAROVA SUI 143.22 17 20 video
21 Natalia POPOVA UKR 135.05 21 21 video
22 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 130.03 23 22 video
23 Hae Jin KIM KOR 129.82 19 23 video

tana

Match Penalty
the attacks on Gracie should be monitored

It's quit simple really. You stop harpooning about Gracie and people will appreciate her more. As things stand now, you are seriously ruining Gracie's image just like what Kim's fanatics did to her.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
ASHUREE VAGANASAN 4th in the Free way to go ;)

Gracie won't be able to seriously pursue premed (her goal as stated in past interviews) if she stays in amateur skating. It's time to retire Gracie, 5th at worlds is the best you'll ever get so :love:

I suppose you're trying to find some silver lining. She should have been behind Wagner, given her errors. Wagner still thwomped her in the FS. :yay:

Certainly not a golden girl yet, that Gracie Gold.

This FS was BEYOND funny, Tech panel wise :laugh::laugh:

Ii'm happy Mao Asada has 3 world titles

Just Like patrick

More than Yuna ^_^

Man, these forums have just gotten nasty. So much nastier than in the last Oly season or at any time in the years I've been posting here. Are gibes like these that express so much mean-spiritedness at the skaters themselves really necessary? The glee and heart-eyes and smiley faces about disappointing performances?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I the only person who thought Lipnitskaia was scored too high? Her music is very poignant, but she did not move me at all. Also, at least for me, she doesn't seem that musical - there didn't seem to be much line or flow in between the elements. I'm quite a new figure skating fan, though, so I'm curious to know what others think.
I usually admit when she is over scored and I don't think so. She has before in the past like CoR or Olympics and I always admit it. I least think she landed in the right spot on the podium. Maybe Anna could have beat her if she wasn't scored so low in the SP but Yulia came in with 4 Golds this year and a Silver. The judges never let go of that. Caro should be in 4th at least IMO. Yulia has a deceptively tough program. She just makes it look fairly easy. Even with a fall it was a great skate. IMO

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Really wanted Gracie to get a medal :((( Yulia and Caro were beatable if Gols was absolutely clean. But anyway, CONGRATS to the medallists!
PS - really impressed with the Korean girl:eek:

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
prove it, not some shallow gossip
the bots attacking Gracie must be high schooners or some jealous people for whatever reason

the attacks on Gracie should be monitored

1) making fun of mao's "engrish"
2) taking a photograph of herself scrunching up her face and squinting her eyes and calling it "asian face"

and worst of all

3) filming a black parking attendant only doing her job to make fun of her on twitter/vine and titling it "sass at ohare" (using the word sass to refer (inappropriately) to an angry black female, how novel!)

ahy

Final Flight
Also, I'm happy that Yuna likely won't be persuaded to compete in 2017 worlds to get tickets for her country...

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Wagner gets a downgrade on the 3f, But not either 2t following :laugh:

I love this panel, They're like a hyperactive kid with a stamp :big grin:

Still shocked Edmund got no heat, half loop aside :)laugh:)

Both combos seemed solo downgraded

andyjo24

Medalist
I know they're horrible; that's why I say she can only trust Yuna. And possibly her coaches. And Hae-jin.

You must be Korean :rofl:

LOL. No I'm not, and also, just saying in my ideal world, she would have won gold. She was the only one to give a full clean performance that actually captured my attention. Everyone else was so sloppy.

ranjake

Final Flight
Part of the reason I love Julia is due to her frowned eyebrows. It makes her looked like a troubled kid, and I can't help myself wanting to hug her.

She is so stinkin' cute. Looking forward to watching her in the future.