2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

tulosai

Record Breaker
That's the most I've enjoyed the Shibs in a long while! REally fun great energetic performance!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Solid skate from the Shibs! Even though I kind of dislike the first lift, that program is just fun to watch. They had good energy today, and I really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite so far.

TMC

Record Breaker
It's annoying to know some words in Russian but only one or two here and there...what did the lady say was "very, very" during their twizzles?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm relieved they got a SB performance after that unfortunate mishap in Sochi. If they decide to walk away at least they're ending on a solid note. :)

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Paul is a very strong skater. It makes Piper look less good. I hope she will be able to close the skating skills gap. I love their FD

They need to take a page out of Weaver/Poje's playbook on this. After missing the Olympics last time by a mere 0.3 points, they doubled down and got to work. They switched to a training environment where they had a lot of skaters same or better than them to keep them moving forward. They got a new perspective training with new coaches (I know Poirier has always been in Scarborough, but sometimes a change is a good thing just to keep developing. Shaking things up is actually good sometimes.). They spent A LOT of time working on their basics together. It's tedious, and probably felt like a big step backward, but they had the maturity to see what this could do for them, and they stuck with it. G/P have a lot going for them, but they need to gel as a team, which means she needs to catch up to him, in order to land on a worlds or Olympic podium. There are no short-cuts.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Yes, I was like No Ingo? Hmpf.

I was just looking up Urmanov, who has aged well. Never did anything for me in his Olympic days. Must be those white gloves. I would be waiting for him to check for dust.
Platov too is aging well. And considering he had to put with Pasha, that's something akin to a miracle.
John Zimmerman is like something out of a Botticelli painting. Not just handsome--beautiful.

Oops, now I can't remember the rest of the list--I got involved watching the Shibs. !

Totally agree on everything you say. Your comment on Platov's surviving Pasha's looks-wrecking black magic made me laugh out loud. John Z and Silvia' F's kids are going to be gorgeous. and Urmanov never did a thing for me either when he was competing- the white gloves that made him look like a doorman in a high-end hotel and the silly knee touching moves Mishin saddled him with.

The Shibs were great tonight!

and did you notice Massimo Scali sitting with them? He is gorgeous in the way you like- dark hair, brows, tall- and I like him in glasses!