2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

tulosai

Record Breaker
because up until about the last season or so, they fell EVERY. TIME. they hit the ice

that's not an exaggeration, it was literally every. single. time. interesting to see what happens now they've figured out to stand on their blades for four minutes without biting the ice

Yeah. Honestly they still do very little for me but I do think they may have potential. I think Gilles/Porier have more potential but she still has a lot of work to do on her basics (though she has improved a lot the past year).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought Alex and Mitch did pretty well tonight...91+ is a new PB isn't it?

BlackPack

Medalist
I get the Poje talk... but oh well, the ice dancing men are too young for me. Maybe the coaches. Not Morozov or Zhulin please. I can't do Camerlengo's unibrow. Sphilband needs to update his suits. I guess that can be fixed. I like Platov. Still not feeling it though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I get the Poje talk... but oh well, the ice dancing men are too young for me. Maybe the coaches. Not Morozov or Zhulin please. I can't do Camerlengo's unibrow. Sphilband needs to update his suits. I guess that can be fixed. I like Platov. Still not feeling it though.

:laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
But seriously... can anyone please explain to me why Islam and Paul are just languishing in the ranks? (Ok VM clone talk aside) They're good. They have the qualities of a premier ice dancing team. Their programs are VM-clonish, OK, got it, but not even in the top 10 is just weird to me.

Because so far there really isn't anything to distinguish them. They are a nice couple skating a nice program. Second tier. At least so far. Not quite top ten. They need something--anything--to distinguish themselves. Setting themselves up as ersatz-Voir isn't doing them any favors.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty

how dare you not include patrice lauzon's fine ***

Lota

Record Breaker
Aww, Paul/Islam were great too! And they make such a cute couple... Congratulations on 90+!

BlackPack

Medalist
I'm serious... how in the world did Anjelika look past Pasquale's unibrow??? I have more respect for her now. She's not shallow.

BlackPack

Medalist
I'm going to be chased with a bunch of machetes but that photo does nothing for me! I see how Poje is objectively hot but I don't feel it.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
I thought Alex and Mitch did pretty well tonight...91+ is a new PB isn't it?

Yes new personal best!! Old one was 90.03 from Skate Canada 2013.

I'm interested to see now how they do these next couple of years.. Now that they have a consistent season underneath them & are with better coaches!