Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

jaylee

Medalist
I really like Radionova, but the Russian "baby" I really like is Alexandra Proklova. She had the two best programs of any Russian ladies skater, IMO, and she is so talented musically. I love that FS. I think it's such a shame that she didn't get to compete at Junior Worlds.

I can't wait until she becomes a senior.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I really like Radionova, but the Russian "baby" I really like is Alexandra Proklova. She had the two best programs of any Russian ladies skater, IMO, and she is so talented musically. I love that FS. I think it's such a shame that she didn't get to compete at Junior Worlds.

I can't wait until she becomes a senior.

Me too, Proklova is my favorite! :love: I loved both her short and free program this season and she skated so well at russian nationals... I hope puberty will be kind to her.

louisa05

Final Flight
Anna already has a woman's body; Adelina is probably done with growing too; Julia and Elena not sure.

Check out the pic Polina posted on Twitter with Julia. Her body still looks like a little girl's.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
My 2 cents, I am super impressed by Anna P at 2014 worlds.indeed the performance of the night. That is an unique piece of music, although there are moments of awkwardness in her choreography, but she definitely felt and performed the music, The tension of her skating fits the music so well. she looks like a siren of the Caribbean (the camera angle perhaps helped too).
My favorite Russian baby is Radionova, I was very impressed by her at SA,she immediately stood out even among the group including Mao and Ashley.
I also like Alexandra Proklova and serafima sakhanovich, they showed extraordinary musicality, refinement of movements for a junior.

malif

Rinkside
If someone is interested to follow future battles of Russian girls for the international spots and
dominance at national level, it is worthy to know that there is a battle of schools behind personalities.
The main protagonists are allmighty CSKA school (Sotnikova, Radionova, Proklova and Max Kowtun) and
raising SAMBO70 school (Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev). Sometimes a kind of compromise
is reached about dividing spots.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read somewhere that CSKA rink was being threatened to be torn down to build a new KHL arena and that the Gov't may support it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
If someone is interested to follow future battles of Russian girls for the international spots and
dominance at national level, it is worthy to know that there is a battle of schools behind personalities.
The main protagonists are allmighty CSKA school (Sotnikova, Radionova, Proklova and Max Kowtun) and
raising SAMBO70 school (Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev). Sometimes a kind of compromise
is reached about dividing spots.
Thanks about the info, can you explain a little in details, what is the difference between these 2 schools, technique? presentation style? or coaching?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
CSKA school has bigger jumps, I suppose?

My friend has a 9 year old daughter who is on the ice since 3. He says that: a) little chance for the future if one starts after 6. Strange enough. In my years FS accepted children not younger than 5. b) she trains 6 times a week. Parents are concerned (most of all about health risks) but at this stage she is mad about FS - a lot of other kids are fanatically dedicated c) there is politics even at this age - at her last competition she was 7th (usually inside 3). Then mom found out that the panel "forgot" to include the last element. But it was too late and nobody did a thing. d) the worst case is when the panel is from CSKA - they don't like others. For example, this panel judged certification level 2 in their school and they sent packing everyone e) CSKA's approach is pressure and numbers. It means that they don't care to lose 50 girls to get just 1 Sotnikova - so, no one will miss you. Other schools apparently might have more human approach to children. For example, his.

That's what he says.

Manitou

Medalist
Thanks about the info, can you explain a little in details, what is the difference between these 2 schools, technique? presentation style? or coaching?

CSKA school (Sotnikova, Radionova, Proklova and Max Kowtun) and
raising SAMBO70 school (Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev).

It appears that the main difference is that anyone with -ova is assigned to CSKA and anyone with -aia to SAMBO70! lol

hurrah

Medalist
The Russian environment sounds really toxic. I really hope they can manage puberty. Even Adelina is not fully grown yet.... She may end up looking more like the Helgesson sisters.

hurrah

Medalist
meaning ? :unsure:

Meaning she could end up looking like the very beautiful Kiira Korpi or Ksenia Makarova, and not like the one in a million Carolina Kostner.

Figure skating is a cruel sport. And it sounds like these Russian girls sacrifice alot and endure alot of inhumane treatment well before they hit puberty.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Anna is boring, but she looks good on the ice, is a hard-worker technically and has huge desire and determination. For my money, Sotnikova and Radionova are the most well-rounded Russian ladies skaters with great technical and artistic skills. Julia Lip has small jumps, pained so-called artistry, a pretty face, an ugly double axel and mucho love from Putin, Spielberg and the judges.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna is boring, but she looks good on the ice, is a hard-worker technically and has huge desire and determination. For my money, Sotnikova and Radionova are the most well-rounded Russian ladies skaters with great technical and artistic skills. Julia Lip has small jumps, pained so-called artistry, a pretty face, an ugly double axel and mucho love from Putin, Spielberg and the judges.

And 8 medals!!! 5 golds and 3 silvers!! In 9 events! But you're probably right...she isn't very good:rolleye: Did she kick you dog or something? This is like the third post where you say these things in only a couple of days. What gives?

Manitou

Medalist
And 8 medals!!! 5 golds and 3 silvers!! In 9 events! But you're probably right...she isn't very good:rolleye: Did she kick you dog or something? This is like the third post where you say these things in only a couple of days. What gives?

Reading this forum I can't resist thinking that Yulia can't skate at all! She won all those medals only because Putin corrupted the entire world figure skating community and this forum is the last stronghold of the uncorrupted! lol

Art&Sport

Medalist

So what? Way overdone, over-scored.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what? Way overdone, over-scored.

So what? Isn't that the point. I'm curious as to who you think put on a better season? Reading your last few posts it seems like everyone is terrible and undeserving. Who should I be watching that is the definition of "art and sport"? Please tell because I seem to be very misguided.

usethis2

Medalist
My friend has a 9 year old daughter who is on the ice since 3. He says that: a) little chance for the future if one starts after 6. Strange enough. In my years FS accepted children not younger than 5. b) she trains 6 times a week. Parents are concerned (most of all about health risks) but at this stage she is mad about FS - a lot of other kids are fanatically dedicated c) there is politics even at this age - at her last competition she was 7th (usually inside 3). Then mom found out that the panel "forgot" to include the last element. But it was too late and nobody did a thing. d) the worst case is when the panel is from CSKA - they don't like others. For example, this panel judged certification level 2 in their school and they sent packing everyone e) CSKA's approach is pressure and numbers. It means that they don't care to lose 50 girls to get just 1 Sotnikova - so, no one will miss you. Other schools apparently might have more human approach to children. For example, his.

That's what he says.

(Whether I make a positive comment or negative one I have a feeling that I can't make everyone happy, so I will keep silent. Thanks for the anecdote anyway ;))