Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

shine

Record Breaker
Really enjoyed Serafima...she's so engaged in the performance and has great power and flow. My only complaint is her jump technique and the the arm over head position. I don't think they add to her jumps as her jumps already have this wild, tilted quality, and the arm makes them look even messier. I'd also like her to fix her toe combinations - the 2nd toe in her combinations all look like toe-axels to me. But i'm very happy that she appears to have gotten over her growth spurt and is doing a lot better this season than last!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Really enjoyed Serafima...she's so engaged in the performance and has great power and flow. My only complaint is her jump technique and the the arm over head position. I don't think they add to her jumps as her jumps already have this wild, tilted quality, and the arm makes them look even messier. I'd also like her to fix her toe combinations - the 2nd toe in her combinations all look like toe-axels to me. But i'm very happy that she appears to have gotten over her growth spurt and is doing a lot better this season than last!

ITA. I really enjoyed both of her programs. You're right: she's a very expressive performer and I loved how into character she was the whole time. Serafima is very enjoyable to watch and (like with Medvedeva last week) there was no competition in terms of the level of technical content and performance. I do agree that her tano jumps look a bit wild; Medvedeva's tano jumps, by comparison, are cleaner, tighter and straighter. I think Serafima's air position isn't as tight and the fact that she lands so far down in her knees and pitches forward does give her jumps a slightly messy look.

That said, she definitely nailed her program and I enjoyed it. It was great to see her start off strongly this season. IIRC she struggled a bit at the beginning of last season. She set the bar very high with that 190+ score. Last season there wasn't one Russian lady who stood out as the one to beat; maybe she'll be that person this year??

Rhodium

On the Ice
Sasha Proklova is in the list of competitors of JGP event in Germany.

She is not completely restored after the fracture though. She was asked at "ask.fm": "Do you jump on the ice or have a pain in the leg?" AP: "I have a pain".

starlight97

Final Flight
So she's planning to participate despite the injury and the fact that she was barely able to practice jumps?
Or might she withdraw?

hanca

Record Breaker
Sasha Proklova is in the list of competitors of JGP event in Germany.

She is not completely restored after the fracture though. She was asked at "ask.fm": "Do you jump on the ice or have a pain in the leg?" AP: "I have a pain".

But the JGP is in a month's time, so she still has time to heal.

hanca

Record Breaker
So she's planning to participate despite the injury and the fact that she was barely able to practice jumps?
Or might she withdraw?

The names submitted are not binding. That's why each country nominates several substitutes. Her Federation nominated her because if she wants to get to JGPF, she needs two events, so she got 6th and probably will also get the 7th. However, there is a few skaters who could compete if Proklova won't be able to. I am sure they won't make her compete if she is not ready.

Alba

Record Breaker
With "these four" I intended Proklova, Medvedeva, Sakanovich and Sotskova =)

Anyway in a way I'm happy that the Russian program is giving such good results, but in another way I'm actually quite worried that there is going to be too much talent: look at the japanese men in the last two season 6 good skaters (all top ten materials at worlds) and just three spot... And the ladies already competing in russia for a spot are at least 6, with 4 more arriving next year and even more in the following seasons...

There will be blood. That's for sure. :slink:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Serafima looks like a younger version on Miranda Lambert

She reminds me a lot of Irina Slutskaya. Her face is slimmer than Irina, who was known for those adorable cheeks of hers, but Serafima really reminds me of her...

jace93

On the Ice
I wonder why was this thread moved from main forum while thread "State of the American Ladies" is still there??? :rolleye:

I would say because "state of the American ladies" is more an analytical thread, while this is more a collection of fact and news on the young Russian skater, like the "team japan" thread :)

papa

Match Penalty
I would say because "state of the American ladies" is more an analytical thread, while this is more a collection of fact and news on the young Russian skater, like the "team japan" thread :)
Yeah, right. Nice try... :laugh:;)

Alba

Record Breaker
I wonder why was this thread moved from main forum while thread "State of the American Ladies" is still there??? :rolleye:

To make some space for Duhamel&Radford looks, and Eric Radford spot topics. :p