Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

FSGMT

Record Breaker

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't think any female skater has ever landed a 3Lo+3Lo+2Lo in competition!! She could really be the first one :yes:
Her 3T in combo technique is similar to Edmunds's... :think:

Unfortunately, the 3rd 3L of a 3L-3L-3L combination would Zayak the entire combination. :bang:

And yes, her 3T combo reminds me a lot of Edmunds, especially the look of her landing.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Shizuka has done 3-3-3 in practice. I can't remember what exactly each jump was, but it wasn't all loop. I suspect that might've psyched out her competition in Torino and given her the gold :biggrin: (and enabled her to win with 5 triples and no 3-3!)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, the 3rd 3L of a 3L-3L-3L combination would Zayak the entire combination. :bang:
You're right... :cry: But (as I wrote above) a 3Lo+3Lo+2Lo could be possible and it would be a "first one" itself! (In the video, it actually looked 3Lo<+3Lo<+3Lo<<)

flyushka

Rinkside
Amazing combo for an 11 year old - I kinda want to send that link to Lipinski. On the other hand, I worry about these kids doing such crazy triples at that age and hope they have potential injuries on their radar. Hopefully it'll turn out ok for them though; I remember Mao doing these crazy combos at that age too and she seems to have done ok on the injury front as far as I know.

I take it that's her father's fb page - he has some interesting pics! He must have been a skater himself.

Rhodium

On the Ice
^Shizuka has done 3-3-3 in practice. I can't remember what exactly each jump was, but it wasn't all loop. I suspect that might've psyched out her competition in Torino and given her the gold :biggrin: (and enabled her to win with 5 triples and no 3-3!)

Radionova does 3-3-3 in practice.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I would love that but the 1/2 loop....ugh. Very rarely is one done to my liking. I just can't on board with them.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?49663-The-1-Loop-Jump-in-a-jump-combo&highlight=

They look better when it's a continuous combo with the right timing. So many times the ladies make it look like they've made a mistake or jump the salchow with NO speed (Scott Hamilton yell!). I hate, for example, when Chartrand does hers, but Jason Brown's looks great.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They look better when it's a continuous combo with the right timing. So many times the ladies make it look like they've made a mistake or jump the salchow with NO speed (Scott Hamilton yell!). I hate, for example, when Chartrand does hers, but Jason Brown's looks great.

More on topic...Serafima. Love her skating but she does a half loop that just drives me bonkers. If she can fix her jump landings and center those spins she will be great. The skating skills and interpretations will put her one up on many others her age and even beyond:yes:

Back off topic: Yes, Jason Brown does it well and Chan too.

Back on topic: I don't like Pogo's at all :disagree:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I love Serafima's style of skating since a year ago when I first saw her... Reminds me of a mini Butyrskaya.

Also, how insanely amazing that she does a tano 3T in her 3-3 combos?! :bow:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I used to find half-loop really awkward--always looked like a step-out to me. But I've gotten used to it, and it is a very difficult combo, so hats-off to the girls (and boys) who can do them. ;)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cool video titled Russian Babies. Seems appropriate enough.

http://youtu.be/8YqdhIPzIWw

If you like Yulia here is a look at the season without a single moment of competitive skating. Just different moments and emotions throughout last season. The ups and the downs. There is like a movie a day that comes out on her official VK fan page :yay:

http://youtu.be/H5iQQHqIEss

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I used to find half-loop really awkward--always looked like a step-out to me. But I've gotten used to it, and it is a very difficult combo, so hats-off to the girls (and boys) who can do them. ;)

It's actually become my favourite element to practice. Although I can only manage a 2F-1/2-2S at this point, lol. The hardest part is getting the rotation on the salchow with the loss of speed -- last week, I tried a 2F-1/2L-3S and landed it, but really under-rotated, probably <<. :laugh: