Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I for 1 am so glad Russia got 3 spots back for the ladies, they are probably the deepest country in ladies right now. But it's really going to be interesting (and a little scary probably for the skaters) about who is at the top each season and if they stay at the top after puberty hits.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie-Anna View Post
    Does somebody know Gubanova, Tsurskaya a Naugumova date(or year at least)when they were born?

Tsurskaya - July 2001 (JGP eligible 2015/2016; senior eligible 2017/2018)
    Nugumanova - August 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)
    Gubanova - December 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    The era of Asian dominance is over
    Not yet. Julia was born and lived in Asian city Yekaterinburg until she went to Eteri.

0 Not allowed!
    Anna P is the most robotic skater I've ever seen. Yulia is of course impressive as always but Anna cranking jump and element after element without a single emotional and mental connection to what she was executing.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Not yet. Julia was born and lived in Asian city Yekaterinburg until she went to Eteri.
    interesting

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Tsurskaya - July 2001 (JGP eligible 2015/2016; senior eligible 2017/2018)
    Nugumanova - August 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)
    Gubanova - December 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)
    Thanks Amazing talents!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Anna P is the most robotic skater I've ever seen. Yulia is of course impressive as always but Anna cranking jump and element after element without a single emotional and mental connection to what she was executing.
    we saw different tangos.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I agree. It is sad that some countries have no one and others have so many that even 3Lz-3T in their SP and 7 triples clean FS will not guarantee them their spot at the Europeans/Worlds. Such a waste of talent. With Jenna McCorkell retiring, GBR doesn't have any lady! Come on, girls, can't you find any connection to Britain? Any great grandmother being British by any chance? Alternatively, I could adopt you...
    Please, adopt Maria Artemeva or Nickol! or both!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Being born in the geographically asian part of Eurasia doesn't make someone Asian. The boundaries of Asia are culturally determined, and there's no way Yekaterinburg is an "Asian" city. And Julia is not Asian.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    we saw different tangos.
    Anna is a great performer..

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippuripihvi View Post
    Being born in the geographically asian part of Eurasia doesn't make someone Asian. The boundaries of Asia are culturally determined, and there's no way Yekaterinburg is an "Asian" city. And Julia is not Asian.
    And I guess that I am not american because I am not from the United States

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Really impressive crop-- with Radionova, Lipnitskaya, Pogo, and yes, even Sotnikova. Pogo really stood out today. But I gotta say that with the exception of Lippy, the costuming, music choice, and choreography is a bit dubious. It's kinda weird given that Russia has such a strong ballet tradition.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm probably the only one who enjoys Mermaid-Pogo. I'm curious what she'll do next. One thing is for sure, Adelina cannot afford to rest on her laurels, but she is probably the one who has it the easiest next season.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    And I guess that I am not american because I am not from the United States
    Sorry, I don't get how this is connected and I am not sure what you mean And there's no such thing as America: there's North America, South America and The United States of America.

But I can tell you for sure that being born in the asian part of Russia doesn't make you Asian by default (at least, not in terms of appearance or cultural heritage). Ethnically people in the Asian part of Russia are mostly Caucasian. For more, you can read multiple wikipedia articles.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Question is: which ones will hold up past puberty? Tuk was the undisputed top lady just a year ago and now people have forgotten about her after her terrible season. Hope Yulia and Pogo can maintain momentum.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that's the million dollar question. For obvious reasons I think Pogo is past the critical stage. Adelina, after a few years struggled and adjusted to her womanly body, Liza had a much harder time and didn't arrive there yet. The one I'm most worried about is Elena. She looks so tiny and frail. I hope puberty will be kind to her and Julia of course.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Question is: which ones will hold up past puberty? Tuk was the undisputed top lady just a year ago and now people have forgotten about her after her terrible season. Hope Yulia and Pogo can maintain momentum.
    Anna already has a woman's body; Adelina is probably done with growing too; Julia and Elena not sure.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    The crop of Russian girls is the most exciting factor for me to be a figure skating fan, more so than seeing an excellent Mao or Yuna.
    These girls have their own great styles, jumps, and none of their choreography is generic as most other junior ladies.

0 Not allowed!
    If the era of Asian dominance means beautiful performances of Yuna and Mao, I'm not happy at all it's over.
    But yes, the Russian girls are impressive. I fell in love with Anna at the worlds. Elena has enormous potential and I can't wait to see her next seasons. Adelina's jumps are very good, but she has to improve her skating (+she needs better choreography). I personally don't like Julia, but I appreciate her consistency and flexibility.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippuripihvi View Post
    +100500

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast