Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Alba

Record Breaker
The italian fed should approach one of this little girls to skate for Italy.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I think it will work itself out.

Sotnikova will prob be retired by then. Pogorilaya will be passed up by the younger girls likely. Gubanova and Nugumanova will be too young thanks to the ISU's draconian age rules.

So after Yulia it will be basically Radionova, Proklova, Serafima, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya competing for two spots. And 4 years from now some of those likely won't be as strong as prospects as they are now.

I think post 2018 the Russian team will be even better with some of those veterans and the really young girls who will be 15 then.

Alba

Record Breaker
Still, there are too many talented and gifted girls there.

Pogorilaya will be passed up by the younger girls likely.

and this is a pity for example.
Think about Kostner. She would've been killed after 3 years, max, if she was in russia now.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I'm watching Proklova's national performance for like the hundredth time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h61snzgk2E I think it was the best young girl performance at a nationals last year but has largely gone under the radar.. Finishing 4th while 13 and only behind the Olympic gold medalist, #1 skater in the world, and two time Junior champion.

jaylee

Medalist
I'm watching Proklova's national performance for like the hundredth time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h61snzgk2E I think it was the best young girl performance at a nationals last year but has largely gone under the radar.. Finishing 4th while 13 and only behind the Olympic gold medalist, #1 skater in the world, and two time Junior champion.

I enjoyed Proklova's programs from the moment that she debuted them on the JGP last fall. Both her SP and her FS were fabulously unique and she delivered them really well. It was a shame she didn't go to Junior Worlds.

She has some of the best packaging of any Russian "youngster" and I'm looking forward to seeing her new programs this season.

stryke

On the Ice
I enjoyed Proklova's programs from the moment that she debuted them on the JGP last fall. Both her SP and her FS were fabulously unique and she delivered them really well. It was a shame she didn't go to Junior Worlds.

She has some of the best packaging of any Russian "youngster" and I'm looking forward to seeing her new programs this season.

I absolutely loved Sasha. I liked the beat in her FS so much I found my self absentmindedly playing it in my head a lot and her costumes were great. I wish we could get an update on her injury though. I'm so scared we won't be able to see her this season. :(

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I mean Polina got 66.39 on Tech at Worlds on her FS (126.91 total FS), while Medvedeva 64.91 (118.43 total FS).
And this with the BV of the lutz reduced because of the e rule and without the 3 points or more of the ChSq (which Polina had because her program was a Senior FS at worlds); this skate at Worlds would have scored as high as Polina's for TES for sure!

Figureskaterr

Rinkside

I love this girl! So sad she's injured, I was hoping she would reach the JGPF and junior worlds podiums this season. That skate at nationals was phenomenal. She's not listed in JGP Tallinn (glad to see Sotskova there after her injury though). So Sasha would need to do the last 2 JGPs. I would appreciate if anyone has any news about her current state and about her injury! I know she skated at the test skates (without jumps). Fingers crossed she'll be back soon.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I think she will do the last JPG's. Worse case scenerio she misses that and focuses on nationals. Its more about just getting back in form, she doesn't have an active injury.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thank you for re-posting it! I re-watched it, too, and I must say that I was a big fan of her SP last season but this skate was PHENOMENAL, she was simply flying over that ice! With this kind of performance she would have been on the podium at JGPF :bang: the only thing I worry about is her axel technique, it's almost as bad as Radionova's, but the other jumps are :love: especially flip and lutz

starlight97

Final Flight
Thank you for re-posting it! I re-watched it, too, and I must say that I was a big fan of her SP last season but this skate was PHENOMENAL, she was simply flying over that ice! With this kind of performance she would have been on the podium at JGPF :bang: the only thing I worry about is her axel technique, it's almost as bad as Radionova's, but the other jumps are :love: especially flip and lutz

Radionova somehow always is out of speed when she approaches her Axels. I'm always amazed that she can even make the 2,5 rotations because its almost like she jumps from a standing still position.
Proklova on the other hand has loads of speed and Imo has an ok technique.
Also- watching her exhibition to Conga, she jumps only 2A in it and a junior skater will (normally) choose their most reliable and easiest jumps for them for a gala so I don't worry about her Axels at all :)

Radionova's on the other hand, you're right, are really weak and I hope they will survive her "puberty/growth spurt/transformation into womanhood"(since we seem to like these words so much)

Rhodium

On the Ice
By the way, does anyone know if Maria will be skating in the Junior Grand Prix because I can't find her name in the first four events?

Maria will be skating in Tallinn along with Serafima.
Unfortunately Russian Fed does not send any strong girls to Japan. It's a strange decision in terms of points for JGPF.

And this with the BV of the lutz reduced because of the e rule and without the 3 points or more of the ChSq (which Polina had because her program was a Senior FS at worlds); this skate at Worlds would have scored as high as Polina's for TES for sure!

By the way, max TES value at Worlds has been set by Anna, not Polina.

Alba

Record Breaker
By the way, max TES value at Worlds has been set by Anna, not Polina.

FSGMT was replying to my comment.
I took Polina as an example because she looked more junior to me, among top 10 skaters at worlds.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I love this girl! So sad she's injured, I was hoping she would reach the JGPF and junior worlds podiums this season. That skate at nationals was phenomenal. She's not listed in JGP Tallinn (glad to see Sotskova there after her injury though). So Sasha would need to do the last 2 JGPs. I would appreciate if anyone has any news about her current state and about her injury! I know she skated at the test skates (without jumps). Fingers crossed she'll be back soon.

I am checking Russian websites every day but so far there has been no update on her injury. It is heartbreaking for her (and us)to get ingured just when all looked so promising and with such good programs ready for the season. Absolutely love this girl! Will post the news if hear anything

jace93

On the Ice
I don't really follow the Russian junior ranks (and I don't have time to read nearly forty pages of thread), but I was wondering:

There has been a dominant russian ladie since Sotnikova (and Tucktamishyeva just behind her), than Lipnitskaya, than Radionova and in the last two years this four talented girls... So my question is: after this fab four there is some skater coming through the ranking? or these four have been the peak of the Russian program and we are now at the end of the cycle?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't really follow the Russian junior ranks (and I don't have time to read nearly forty pages of thread), but I was wondering:

There has been a dominant russian ladie since Sotnikova (and Tucktamishyeva just behind her), than Lipnitskaya, than Radionova and in the last two years this four talented girls... So my question is: after this fab four there is some skater coming through the ranking? or these four have been the peak of the Russian program and we are now at the end of the cycle?

Anastasia Gubanova !!!!

Alba

Record Breaker

There are plenty more. Gubanova as Sam mentioned, Nugumanova also.
But still, all these girls you mentioned are at the beginning of the cycle, not the end.

jace93

On the Ice
There are plenty more. Gubanova as Sam mentioned, Nugumanova also.
But still, all these girls you mentioned are at the beginning of the cycle, not the end.

With "these four" I intended Proklova, Medvedeva, Sakanovich and Sotskova =)

Anyway in a way I'm happy that the Russian program is giving such good results, but in another way I'm actually quite worried that there is going to be too much talent: look at the japanese men in the last two season 6 good skaters (all top ten materials at worlds) and just three spot... And the ladies already competing in russia for a spot are at least 6, with 4 more arriving next year and even more in the following seasons...

starlight97

Final Flight
Serafima SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRDaKJ9CMg

66.58 points total, 40.20 TES! :clap:

Was that higher or lower than Evgenia's score?
Would be interesting since they both had ideal clean skates...

Ooooh my god. SO MANY Russian girls... I wonder if they'll manage a
100% russian GPF at some point?! Completely russian podium is for sure in many competitions.
Again and again I have to say: It is such a painful loss of talent. Please other countries, please make some of them skate for you:cry::bow: