Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

starlight97

Final Flight
If you take a moment to think about it...
There were many people at the olympics who scored lower than Serafima now in a "meaningless" junior event :slink::eek:
Yulia Lipnitskaya got 66.62 for a clean SP in the pre-olympic GPF (getting silver in the end)

I mean wow!

MalAssada

Medalist
Was that higher or lower than Evgenia's score?
Would be interesting since they both had ideal clean skates...

Ooooh my god. SO MANY Russian girls... I wonder if they'll manage a
100% russian GPF at some point?! Completely russian podium is for sure in many competitions.
Again and again I have to say: It is such a painful loss of talent. Please other countries, please make some of them skate for you:cry::bow:

If only one of them could find some relatives in Brazil to skate for us... Otherwise our country will continue to be hopeless when it comes to figure skating. Last place at Sochi :cry:

papa

Match Penalty
Is it just me or her jumps are small?
With all the respect I have for you Meoima, it's just you imho. :);)

If I have to pick on sth, I'd say her spins here were a little bit worse than in short, most likely because of fatigue in the end of the program.

Meoima

Match Penalty
With all the respect I have for you Meoima, it's just you imho. :);)
If I have to pick on sth, I'd say her spins here were a little bit worse than in short, most likely because of fatigue in the end of the program.
Well, I mostly follow men you know. I love big jumps. I have some exception for ladies. Yulia is one. I love her no matter how big or small her jumps are. But with the rest, I am quite picky.

starlight97

Final Flight
Imo her axels are small but the rest is great!
She leans forward a LOT when she lands the other jumps. Not a bad thing, only sth I noticed.
I agree, the only thing I'd "criticize" would be her Biellmann, not a lot of flexibility I think therefore she avoids any stretching positions in spins.

But we're being picky here :laugh:
I definitely wouldn't call her the best russian skater! But one of the great juniors, very promising !
Btw does anybody also think that, even though she's only 14, she looks way older? Older than Yulia or Elena for example.

papa

Match Penalty
I definitely wouldn't call her the best russian skater! But one of the great juniors, very promising !
Btw does anybody also think that, even though she's only 14, she looks way older? Older than Yulia or Elena for example.
What I meant is that today, August 30th, she would probably be in best form of them all, right? :)
Many seniors are in preparation mode and having some probs with programs, jumps, injuries, etc..

Meoima

Match Penalty
What I meant is that today, August 30th, she would probably be in best form of them all, right? :)
Many seniors are in preparation mode and having some probs with programs, jumps, injuries, etc..
I can see Serafima on podium at WC 2016 (after this WC for senior). :yes: I hope she improve her spins, though.

starlight97

Final Flight

Oh sorry I misunderstood. Well from that point of you you might be right :)

Russian nationals will be carnage for the next 4 years!!
It's just so impossible to say who will come out on top and go to South Korea, it could be ANYBODY of those junior+senior ladies competing right now!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
No her jumps are big! Much bigger than most of her compatriots! The 2a is still not great but way better than it was last season. She is a very strong jumper, and she does look grown up for her age. Growth changes in the future may not give her much trouble as she might not grow much more. She seems to have a build like a lot of the pairs skaters we see, compact and muscular, but very petite. I like the athleticism and control in her skating, it really makes her presentation stand out among the baby ballerina types.

Meoima

Match Penalty
No her jumps are big! Much bigger than most of her compatriots! The 2a is still not great but way better than it was last season. She is a very strong jumper, and she does look grown up for her age. Growth changes in the future may not give her much trouble as she might not grow much more. She seems to have a build like a lot of the pairs skaters we see, compact and muscular, but very petite. I like the athleticism and control in her skating, it really makes her presentation stand out among the baby ballerina types.
Maybe I was comparing her jumps to the boys, and to Liza/Adelina's jumps. :laugh:

papa

Match Penalty
Russian nationals will be carnage for the next 4 years!!
2015 Russian Championship will be one of the strongest ladies event in figure skating this year, but let's not forget about juniors not being eligible for Worlds and Europeans. They will definitely want to proof themselves amongst world's top seniors, still it won't decide about rest of their season.
2016 RNs, when Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova and Proklova are gonna be eligible is when true hunger games begin!!! :popcorn: